Any Ladies Newly Pregnant in the uk?

Iveneverseen

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I am 5 weeks On sunday and looking to chat to other mums to be's at around same stage as me in the uk. i notice from posts things are so different in the US to the UK. maternity wise.

Come join dec thread, is a fb group too which is few uk mums in.

Hiya I have done already. But i think there is lots of ladies so you cant really form close chat with a few different people. x

I've noticed there is a big difference between US and UK I'm 10 weeks tomorrow!

There definitely is, they get scans and listen to the heartbeat ect WAY before we do.
How are you getting on? what number baby is this for you?

Yeah I did think that! I was really tempted to pay for an early scan but have managed to stop myself and just looking forward to our 12 week scan on 5th May
This is our first baby, so I have no idea what to expect when it comes to anything I'm just winging it! I seem to be ok at the moment when I got to 6 weeks I suddenly became really ill but that stopped at about 8 weeks so I think I've been lucky so far, but I don't want to say too much incase I jinx myself!

How about you? What number baby for you?

This is number 4 for us.
I had really tough Pregnancies with babies No 1 & 3, tough births with all of them and tough recoveries with babies no 2 & 3.

Praying it will be a bit easier this time to my last, but i never have an easy ride. Lol.

I filled out the midwife referral form on monday and should hear from the midwife next week and see her on 7-8 weeks when she will send away for my scan date. annoying though having to wait till that time just to send away for scan date and just hoping it doesn't take long to get my date, but Busy hospitals it's hard to tell. x

Hi, I'm from the UK, although I'm guilty of getting early scans... :blush:

Had my first one today at 4 weeks :happydance: All I saw was a little black blob but he/she's definitely there and in the right place :thumbup: Another scan next week...

This is my first and I think I'll be going it alone... :shy:

I had a couple of early scans with my 3rd due to spotting and cramps later on.
are you 4 weeks welshlass? what is your estimated due date?

Yes, around the 4 week mark - I think 4+3. EDD - 21st Dec, what's the betting it'll end up being Christmas Day?? :haha: Although we have a theme in our family for babies being born on 22nd Dec so I may stick to tradition :winkwink:

Aww Going by LMP i will be due 20th December.

It is so exiting having a new baby for Christmas.

Yes , well my 5th pregnant but 4th baby , it's so exciting very mental in my house though x

I am in UK too :) Handed in form for MW referral on friday last week and she just rang me today! :D Booked in with her on tuesday. Appointment is at the sure start centre that OH's cousin works at so should be fun trying to not get spotted, we are screwed if she is on reception desk lol

Aw that's good twin Mum, I hope i don't have a long wait for first appoitment.

How old are your Kids mum of roodys? I also have 2 Girls & 1 Boy.

Definitely, something amazing about going to the hospital with such high spirit and exitiment, and then having a little bundle on christmas morning.

Hiya im from the uk, this is my 4th baby, i have tough pregnancies too :( but my births are quite smooth apart from my second who got a bit stuck and then had to be rushed off because he had took a breath then stopped breathing, that was terrifying but thankfully he is fine :) but yea other than that my births are good :)

Im due on 12th December but two of my babies have been a week late so i have a feeling this baby will be too

Charlie Babies NO 1 & 2 Were 8 & 9 days late.
But my third was an elective section due to being breech 8 days before my due date.
So this one will also be elective section just before my due date. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->