Any ladies starting ivf in april !!!! ??????

Hey ladies, hope you're all having a lovely Easter!

April is finally here! Fingers crossed its a lucky month!!

Em xxx

Good luck ladies, I just administered my 1st shot last night, 225iu's follistim and 75 iu of Menopur! I"m excited! Remind me I said that in a few days when my ovaries feel like they are going to explode!

How exiting future mommie !! I've got butterflies in my tummy now ! Let's hope April is a very lucky month :D !!!!!!! X

Good luck ladies, I just administered my 1st shot last night, 225iu's follistim and 75 iu of Menopur! I"m excited! Remind me I said that in a few days when my ovaries feel like they are going to explode!

They aren't too bad. The side effects are what i'm afraid of. I've had major headaches with the Lupron.

This morning I woke up to my back hurting, I'm not sure if that's a result of the meds or if I just somehow slept wrong. I do feel a few twinges in my ovaries but other than that nothing much. I've had medicated IUI cycles before with lower doses and I got uncomfrontable then so I'm expecting discomfort soon.

I'm very excited for you guys, you're a week - week-&-a-half ahead of me. Have any of you been told to drink 3 l of water/ day to avoid OHSS? One of the ladies on another board is doing this and I'm just wondering how often docs recommend this because I haven't heard much. Anyway, glad to hear no one has bad side effects yet, when are your first scans?

I'm very excited for you guys, you're a week - week-&-a-half ahead of me. Have any of you been told to drink 3 l of water/ day to avoid OHSS? One of the ladies on another board is doing this and I'm just wondering how often docs recommend this because I haven't heard much. Anyway, glad to hear no one has bad side effects yet, when are your first scans?

I've read that 64oz of water a day will help but not sure if it helps you totally avoid, My RE always said to drink water or gatorade to help. I'm increasing my water intake, and I'm going to really try to get in 64oz a day. I'm also increaseing my protein which is suppose to help with egg quality, and saying bye bye to caffeine.

My 1st scan is Thursday.

I had mild ohss when I got pregnant with my daughter and I drank so much water and tbh it just contributed too my bloat coz I weren't peeing it out due too ohss.

Future mommie :) ekkk can't wait for you too tell us how many follies you have growing :D

Afm- just 3 more days till our appointment now getting exited ek x

I have not heard this but i will certainly begin more water. The stories I've read of OHSS does not sound like fun!! I've also read about Gatorade so i'm going to stock up soon. Glad there hasn't been much side effects as well, maybe because i do it so late and go to sleep but the headaches are getting annoying now. But its all worth it for an end result!! My next scan is Friday 4/5. Can't wait.

Be careful with the gatorade, my gf here at work had so much water + gatorade that like Bettybee, it contributed to her water retention and bloat. She said she looked 5 months pregnant and had a bucket of water drained from her at the ER. Unless you're working out to get rid of your natural salts, gatorade will give you LOADS of salts making you retain all the water you drink. When you drink tea and water it's a mild diuretic that sort of washes the system. Tea replaces minerals and actually hydrates you better than water (as long as it's decaf). I'll have my usual tea pot at work and drink some warming teas that help with circulation. There's a new one that's so naturally sweet I love it Celestial Seasonings 'Bengal Spice' with cinnamon - it SOO good. I had to laugh, my OH got it because of the lion on the front after we saw Life of Pi in the theatre. I'm a real tea guru and normally buy the more expensive brands, this one was way better and much less expensive.

Hi hunnie :D !!! I think unexplained is the worst but at least you know you can Create miracles :) I'll be stimming in about 2 weeks ! So looks like where all on similar timing :D !!

Am really glad am on the short proctcol, don't think I could do a month of injections blah!

Do you have any children or you ttc#1. ? X

This is great we can be ivf buddies :happydance:just done a shot...i do it at 10 every eve and if i get any side effects hopefully they wear off by the morning hows u?

Hi all,
Hope you don't mind me popping in. I started my cycle on the 31/3 currently in the 4th day of injections.
I'm on a whopping 600iu of Puregon as I'm a poor responder so thats 2 jabs with the pen for me. We are hoping to get at lease 1 egg from this cycle but will find out how I'm going tomorrow when I do my BT.
So far I'm feeling fine and dandy. Occassionally I get hot flushes and headaches from the fsh but not as much as I did in my last cycle when I didn't respond. I'm not expecting too much from this cycle as my base fsh was 17.9 but my RE has hope and suggested we try so I beleive in her. I have got some lower back pains, not sure if its like what another lady on here had but I take it as a good sign. I get lower back pains during ovulation.
Fingers crossed for all the ladies on here.

Hi LynQ, what was the protocol/dose/meds/outcome of your first IVF? Have you had an u/s to see how many antral follies you have producing eggs? I'll be very much like you I think and glad to have your insight...

Hi 2have4kids,
I've had 2 previous ivf cycles, here is the summarised version.
Ivf #1- long down reg. 300iu menopur, trigger pregnal 5000. Made it to ER but no eggs in follicle, may have ovulated early or cyst was present.
Ivf#2- short protocol. Stimmed for 8 days on 375iu menopur. Didn't respond, e2 levels kept going down. FSH at base was 15.9
Ivf#3- short protocol. Currently stimming at 600iu of puregon. RE said we will go to egg retrieval even if one follicle comes up. FSH at base was 17.9. Clinic cut off is 15 so not looking promising.
We didn't do a scan so I don't know the AFC but I suspect there wouldn't be much to see. Tomorrow I will know if the cycle continues or gets cancelled.
Are you also a poor responder or have high FSH?

https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Fertility---Infertility---IVF/DHEA-and-IVF/show/416979?page=2
I've been taking DHEA for he past few months to help with egg quality. I'm interested to see what my baseline scan is because there's a lady on this post who claims we shouldn't do IVF with follies bigger than 7mm at baseline. One of her good friends did 17 cycles of IVF. I hope mine are plentiful and small tomorrow!

That's quite interesting. I never thought of follicle size, at this point I would be over the moon even if one pops up due to my past failed attempts. I was also taking DHEA close to 3 months now and really wanted to try testo gel again.
GL to both of us tomorrow!

Hi hunnie :D !!! I think unexplained is the worst but at least you know you can Create miracles :) I'll be stimming in about 2 weeks ! So looks like where all on similar timing :D !!

Am really glad am on the short proctcol, don't think I could do a month of injections blah!

Do you have any children or you ttc#1. ? X

This is great we can be ivf buddies :happydance:just done a shot...i do it at 10 every eve and if i get any side effects hopefully they wear off by the morning hows u?

Another IVF buddy! I started on 3/31

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->