any Mommies with blue bump

CarlosMommy

Reaction score
hey ladies, any of you planning on not gettin your little boy circumcised? If not, why? especilly US moms.

Im uk and its not generally done here, but I wouldnt if given the choice after its "meant" to be there right? Why start cutting off bits that we're born with.. i dont really get it... But thats my opinion.. :) xxx

Hi- I am getting my son circumcised. I am in the US. the reason I am is because my husband is and it helps with the questions that the little boys have. We did it with my first son and its easy to explaine things if it looks like daddy's.

I'm in the UK, and we're not getting it done. It's not common at all over here - in fact, I don't think I've ever seen a circumcised penis!

I'm not getting it done - it's not done in my culture (Indian-Hindu). None of the men in my family have had it done and I don't see any reason to.

I am in the US and yes we are getting it done. It was up to my husband whether or not we were going to do it as he is the one with the penis and so who am I to argue if I don't have one! We believe in all the benefits of getting our son circ'd and also I believe that when it comes time for potty training and questions about the penis it will be so much easier to tackle that kind of thing.

Also, I like the higiene aspect of it. And I know people say "well if you teach them to clean well then they will..." But really, I know so many young children that only want to play play play and don't care about cleaning themselves well when they are at a young age and so it just makes it ten times easier!

I'm in the US and I'm not having it done. I don't see a reason for it. The statistics show the US rates are going down for circumcision, so I don't think my son will feel different from his peers. OH is also not circumcised. Cleanliness is not an issue. Son will be taught how to clean himself. My mom is pressuring me to have him circumcised, but I'm not going to. If it's medically necessary later, then I have no problem with it.

I'm in the US and I'm not having it done. I don't see a reason for it. The statistics show the US rates are going down for circumcision, so I don't think my son will feel different from his peers. OH is also not circumcised. Cleanliness is not an issue. Son will be taught how to clean himself. My mom is pressuring me to have him circumcised, but I'm not going to. If it's medically necessary later, then I have no problem with it.

Good on you for not doing it even though your mom is pressuring you. I would fold so quick if my mom was telling me to do something- one of my flaws! :flower:

thank you ladies for all your responses. im still in the air about this subject, hubby is circumcised and so is everyone we know so i think we might but at the same time i think it should be the babies choice when hes older...idk what we're gonna do :-/

We aren't having it do if I'm honest I don't really know what the procedure is or what they take away. But each to their own that's what I say xx

Personally I don't really see what difference a bit of skin makes. I would let my son make his own mind up when he's old enough. Who am I to make that choice for him?

is this a big thing in the us?
im also in the uk where its not common at all i see no need what so ever 2 have it done 2 my son infact if i being 100% truthfull with u all i dont like the idea of it being done at all
sorry if that upsets any1.

im also in the uk where its not common at all i see no need what so ever 2 have it done 2 my son infact if i being 100% truthfull with u all i dont like the idea of it being done at all

It is a big thing that is quickly on the decline. It used to be that some 90% of newborn babies were circ'd and now I think it is closer to 50% or below. Due to the fact that a lot of medical professionals have disproved the benefits to circ and also due to the fact that since it is no longer deemed as "medically necessary" most insurance companies do not cover it so most families need to pay out of pocket. :flower:

It is a big thing that is quickly on the decline. It used to be that some 90% of newborn babies were circ'd and now I think it is closer to 50% or below. Due to the fact that a lot of medical professionals have disproved the benefits to circ and also due to the fact that since it is no longer deemed as "medically necessary" most insurance companies do not cover it so most families need to pay out of pocket. :flower:

wow really i had no idea it was that big in the us
i dont no any1 who has had it done or had there son done ha amazing what u learn thanx x

I am from the US and we are NOT getting it done. I find no real difference in health issues. You just need to clean it a little better!! Which should be done anyway!! 33% of boy babies were circumcised in 2009 compared to the 56% in 2006. They say the reason is that lots of insurance programs dropped it from their coverage after the American Pediatric people claimed that there is not as much of a neccesity for health reasons. Also, DH and I are Catholic and it is more of a Jewish ritual. But so are middle names, and I loveeee middle names :D

If my baby wants to be circumcised, he can do it when he is 18 and hopefully tey will have better numbing techniques then :haha:
Have you watched a video of a circumcision? I knew I didnt want one, but watching a video made up my mind for sure!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->