Any names you love that everyone else hates?

See, you are like me. If my baby is a boy I am planning to go with "Cornel" for "Cornelius" a la A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Still looking for other peoples' opinions on that. It seems people either like it or hate it. lol. I would think if you called a girl Wilhemina that everyone would just call her Mina anyway. Mina is definately cute and Leo is pretty cute too. I love Lily Rose.

See I thought Wilhemina was pretty but a little old fashioned for me so I had just wanted to use Mina the shortened version. I love love love it! My next girl will be Lily Rose but if I were ever to have another I'd put my foot down and her namr will be Mina. And my next boy name is Leo but if I were ever to have another boy after that his name will be Dimitri no ifs ands or buts about it! I love Dimitri its such a strong romantic name. It puts me in mind of anastasia which is a delightful movie. And Tatiana I like that name as well but I could never use it, my name is Tiana and its way to close to use for one of my girls :(

I went through a phase in my pregnancy where I loved a certain name; it was short lived because everyone stomped all over it.

The name was Mable. I still think its so cute!

I quite like Maybelle but the pronunciation sounds the same and its just associated as such an old name :nope:

I like Tallulah, Tatiana and Ophelia - unfortunately nobody else likes them....

I really wanted Phoebe for my last daughter, I absolutely loved the name and still do, but DH hates it with a passion and was adament we wouldnt name her it :growlmad:

That's such a shame, wonder why he hated it so much.

Must admit we do sometimes get some funny looks from people when they ask her name :haha: x

Everyone hated Frazers name but I stuck to it and now couldn't imagine him with any other name. I love dotty and dolly for a girl this time but have been getting some strange looks whenever I tell anyone, but my baby my name lol

i love the name Aubrey for a girl.. but no1 else liked it. haven't heard it a lot in the uk yet just the usa. luckily im having a boy! xx

We really liked India but MIL badmouthed it so much, saying "they'll call her Pakistan or Nepal in school" and other such idiotic comments, we didn't talk to anyone about names after that.

We really liked India but MIL badmouthed it so much, saying "they'll call her Pakistan or Nepal in school" and other such idiotic comments, we didn't talk to anyone about names after that.

Oh goodness I think India would be a very pretty name for a girl! I never really thought about it as a name before but it would make a very pretty one. I think you guys should stick to your guns. I know here in the states India is in no way associated with pakistan or that area and honestly theres a difference between India and Nepal. I think what she said is just ridiculous!

A lot of people gave me the screwy face with our name choices. But all I care about is both hubby & I loving the name. Most people usually come around though and end up loving the names.

I love the name Leo!

I also love Darwin, but everyone hates it for obvious reason - name of the German scientist.

I also love Raiden and Jax - of course, no likes because people associate it with Mortal Kombat.

If I have a girl again, I would be at a lost - again. Took me a long time to fall in love with a name for my dd.

I love the name Jonah for a boy, but oh is not on board at all. He didn't like Noah at first either tho and DS is called Noah, so there's hope yet.

I love Blake and Emerson for my little boy but my mom is not a fan lol. So I'm keeping the name under wraps from family until the birth!

Personally, I'd keep names under secrecy. I learned my lesson the first time around when I told family and a couple of friends the name for dd. EVeryone loves playing judge/critic. Next time around, if it will happen in the future, I'm keeping the name inside my head.

I also love Darwin, but everyone hates it for obvious reason - name of the German scientist.

I LOVE the name Darwin, and that's the first time I've heard if it as a first name!! Totally going on my name list, what s great idea. BUT, if you are religious I would definitely avoid it, because people will assume you are athiest I'd bet.

I really like the name Jean-Luc, as husband has French background, it's almost a family name, and I'm a Star Trek fan. I'm not sure how it would go over here in English only southern Alberta, the Texas of Canada...

I LOVE the name Darwin, and that's the first time I've heard if it as a first name!! Totally going on my name list, what s great idea. BUT, if you are religious I would definitely avoid it, because people will assume you are athiest I'd bet.

Even if I was religious, it wouldn't faze me at all. And really, I could care less of what people think lol.

Not many people even heard of the name Darwin. I immediately loved it in grade school when studying evolution and life of C. Darwin.

If anyone care to know the meaning and origin of it, it's an old English name and it means "dear friend".

I love the names Luke and Leia but, being a Star Wars geek - everyone thinks I wold be mad to use these names :-(

I am having a girl and I think we are going with Emily, which I love. My other loved names (that no-one else likes) are Phoebe, Talia, Ailish & Imogen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->