Any names you love that everyone else hates?

I love the names Luke and Leia but, being a Star Wars geek - everyone thinks I wold be mad

I don't think it would be crazy to use one of the names, just not both!!! I know kids named Lex (from superman), Saffron (firefly), Conner (Angel, Buffy the vampire slayer), and Corbin (fifth element). Geek names are the best names!!! 50% of the names on my list are from geeky movies, including Luke!!

to be fair though i know quite a few Connors and its nothing to do with Angel/Buffy its a common name that might just happen to be in something geeky, i think same with Luke

although some of the others are quite specific you could go all out like that celebrity that named there daughter Harley Quinn lol

I love the name Serena. I first heard this name from the anime cartoon "Sailor Moon" - immediately fell in love with the name Serena. And....I guess I'm a huge Sailor Moon fan still, for being OLD! It came out when I was 10, I think. You're all like..."what is she talking about"

I totally loved sailor moon when I was a kid! Made me wish I was a blonde ma whole life lol

to be fair though i know quite a few Connors and its nothing to do with Angel/Buffy its a common name that might just happen to be in something geeky, i think same with Luke

although some of the others are quite specific you could go all out like that celebrity that named there daughter Harley Quinn lol

The Connor I know was definitely named after Angel - so awesome! Love geek parents :D

I also love Jemima but everyone I mention it to immediately says "puddleduck"! I don't care though, if we do have another girl I'm going to wear hubby down until he agrees, lol.

I also love Jemima but everyone I mention it to immediately says "puddleduck"! I don't care though, if we do have another girl I'm going to wear hubby down until he agrees, lol.

Years ago I got chatted up by a guy in a pub. Tried to get rid of him so when he asked my name I told him Jemima - Jemima Puddleduck. OMG - he totally bought it, obviously never heard about Beatrix potter! And I still couldn't get rid of him without just leaving the pub!:dohh:

My daughter is Lily Rose and she suits it beautifully :)

No-one likes my name-choice of Eric for this LO. Its bizarre, sure its mostly older men who have it here (in UK) but I know its more common in North America, still used in Scandinavia and is a Norse name which I think is pretty damn cool. I decided on the name by week 20, but got so sick of people slating it Ive decided not to tell people its the official name choice (Seth was a close second).
:flower:

Our DD is called Teagan, and a lot of people said when we suggested it that they didn't like it so we just never told anybody until she was born what the name we had picked was.

Names I like that OH hates are Caleb, Elliot and Jake. I don't know why he hates them, I love them! We do agree on most girls names though.

I thought of another name that I like, besides Darwin. It's Phoenix. For either boy or girl. OH doesn't like it so I don't think I'll ever get to use it.

I like the name Brynn for my baby girl, but nobody else does. I also like Ivy, but again nobody else does. So now whenever anybody asks her name I tell them I don't know. I'm not discussing names with anyone anymore...get tired of all the opinions.

I quite like Dain for a boy, but when I told my sister, she didn't like it. It's still currently my top baby boy name though.

As for a girl name... I haven't even bothered to look at girl names because I really don't want a girl!!

I quite like Dain for a boy, but when I told my sister, she didn't like it. It's still currently my top baby boy name though.

As for a girl name... I haven't even bothered to look at girl names because I really don't want a girl!!

Be careful what you sayyyyy :haha:

We have picked Leo for our boy and he will have daddy's name as his middle name Leo Gregory... but we are still tossing up some other names; Nixon, Jaxon, Pheonix.

We had Elyda for our girl and everyone loved it!

Be careful what you sayyyyy :haha:

:haha:

Don't say that!! Knowing my luck, I will have a girl. I mean, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but since I have a bad relationship with my mother, I'd rather skip the whole mother-daughter thing and give my little boy a best friend, ha.

Hazel. I love love Hazel. I don't know why but I always loved it for a little girl. Hubby, friends, family everyone HATES it. And they tell you they hate it too! Rude. Haha.
So yeah, I guess my favourite name is scratched.

I absolutely love the name Tallulah but everyone hates it and I love sonny fr a boy but that was the name of my sister in laws ex husband so that's a definite no no! :nope:

i love the name Blythe for a girl and everyone HATES it!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->