Any October babies to be?

good to hear you've found some reassurance Caro :hugs:
Hope scan day comes round quickly for you xxx

Welcome Caro!

I had barely any symptoms..I can understand the fear it's very normal. Glad to hear you got better news!

I did a pre-natal yoga class yesterday and it was nice to meet other mothers and hear there stories. Feels good to have a sense of community. Really great class I'm a little sore but I need it!

hope everyone is well!

thanks Jaymes, and how inspiring to hear heartbeat at 10 weeks! Wow!
I had a quick look online - what kind of doppler did you get?

I got the Sonoline B 2 MHz. I had problems with it at first, I didn't shove the probe into the unit enough and had no sound from it. Once that was figured out though, I love it!

Welcome Caro!

I had barely any symptoms..I can understand the fear it's very normal. Glad to hear you got better news!

I did a pre-natal yoga class yesterday and it was nice to meet other mothers and hear there stories. Feels good to have a sense of community. Really great class I'm a little sore but I need it!

hope everyone is well!

I've always wanted to try a prenatal yoga class... Alas, I live in Podunk USA, and there are none to be found within a 30 minute radius. I'm also still on pelvic rest (BOOOO) and haven't been cleared to go back to my regular workouts. :(

Jaymes - Bummer about the class.. and pelvic rest. When you're able to.. I actually found some cool stuff on youtube.. did my own prenatal yoga at home! It's pretty awesome.. don't need to go anywhere!

Awesome idea, maybe I'll even try looking on Netflix... I'm hoping she'll take me off rest at my next appt on Thursday. If I have no more bleeds, that may be the case!

I saw some prenatal yoga vids on youtube. Does anyone have a favorite DVD?

My husband and I are over the moon and relieved. We went for our dating scan yesterday and all is well. Our bean has a strong heart beat - all limbs there and all!

At first our bean was reclining with their feet crossed at the ankles. Then little bean turned around on side.

Here is the photo of our darling bean. Does anyone want to take a guess at gender? It's not obvious at the moment, but thought it would be fun. See attached (not sure how to embed)

Attachments

• Baby Bean 30.03.120002_2.jpg
    Baby Bean 30.03.120002_2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 7
Babinogi - how exciting! I'm glad the scan went well, I reckon it's a boy he he

I am absolutely useless at guessing baby genders .... at least until after they are born - I'm not too bad at it then :haha:

Yeah, I have no clue when looking at an ultrasound. This is my first baby so I have no experience whatsoever. Sorry!

Ditto! But I went on all the Chinese calendar gender guesses and it looks like I'm having a boy! Lol

Yay for being a peach :dance:

One more week until our scan! Can't wait. My symptoms are disappearing too, well the ms is. I'm still really tired a lot of the time but I have more good ms days than bad now.

I have a doppler too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SONOLINE-F...KR9A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333393612&sr=8-4

Had the same problem, couldn't hear them and then pushed the probe cord in and voila. One baby on the left and one on the right :D

That sounds lovely Traskey :D
I am deliberately not getting a doppler as I think it would be more likely to worry than reassure me!

I've been debating the doppler.. I don't know if it will make me more insane or what! My friend said she'd lend me hers. I dunno

I love mine! I wake up and listen to baby for about 5 minutes, and I usually try again in the evening. Just more reassurance. I've also found that it is easier to find the HB when I have a full bladder. :thumbup:

When is it possible to hear the baby's heart beat with a stethoscope I wonder? There are other safe methods of hearing the Heart Beat - the Pinard Horn and the Fetoscope that your husband can use (you won't be able to use them yourself unless you can stretch your ear to your belly ;-0
I prefer avoid the use of a doppler. I don't want to upset anyone who may be using them, but I would be cautious using them every day. Here is an article that may be helpful so that you can use them wisely.
https://www.ehow.co.uk/about_5347776_dangers-fetal-doppler.html

Well doppler ladies, just checking in after my booking appointment yesterday. It was PANTS!! The midwife barely looked at me for more than a minute and spent the rest of the hour and a half (yes you read that right) looking at her computer screen. I had to strain to see the questions over her shoulder as she was too lazy to read half of then out. She'd never booked in IVF before and ended up not putting in a EDD as she couldn't get her head around me not having a date of last period! She kept wanting to put donor eggs and I had to keep correcting her. The donor is north American and that took 10 minutes to figure out how to put that in. She was not a first time or young lady, she wad just rubbish!!
It was not a conversation, it did not address any of my concerns, hopes etc. She didn't talk about scans or what to expect or anything.
At the end she asked if I had any questions and a said yes, I was concerned about loosing symptoms from week 8, she said normally you loose symptoms around week 12, I said yes that's why I was concerned, she said yes well you will find out next week at the scan if something is wrong with your baby!! And that was that.
I was outraged at first but now I've decided I am not letting her get to me, I'm going to stay positive and hope I have a good scan next Wednesday. It was just a waste of time that's all. A missed opportunity.

Oh no Caro, that doesn't sound very helpful at all :( I'm sorry that she wasn't very informative or reassure you about the pregnancy. Hopefully you won't have to see her too much and will just see someone in the hospital.

My midwife calculated back 14 days from the day of egg collection as the last period date but wrote that it was IVF and we knew the conception date. They were happy to go with the clinic date.

Hi Caro,
That does sound like a rubbish booking appointment. I felt that the booking appointment was just to get you into their system. Once you go for your dating scan, things pick up a notch. But perhaps you can just call to speak to another midwife if you have concerns. Good luck with it all! I'm sure you will be fine. In the first trimester, I found it more helpful to read some good pregnancy books than to talk with a midwife as there is not much they can do for us early on.

Question to any moms out there. This is my first baby - was wondering if anyone thinks that joining the local NCT group was worth it. They charge 40 pounds for 12 months and 48 pounds for 18 months. Any advice on that anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->