Any October babies to be?

I get all those tests at my next appt. 11 vials!?! Wow. My Dr wants me to be checked for a fibroid, but honestly I think my uterus is just high, about 2 inches below my belly button. :shrug: No wonder I feel like I've been showing for awhile.

Yes, 11 vials and they pricked my finger and squeezed out blood to make 5 blood spots on a card. Not the most comfortable experience but hubby was there to distract me. LOL And yeah, your uterus may just be high. Even with my fibroid, I am not showing or poking out yet.

Sounds like a great appointment Leikela! Interesting about the fibroid hope it's not painful...
I know they took so much blood out I had a little bruise on my arm a few days later! I couldn't believe it! Im doing the Aneuploidy screen on Monday which I believe is to check baby markers...and also listen to heart beat..and get results from all that blood they took. Jeez lol

Hope everyone is well..I've been sick all weekend trying to rest..have a slight cold with cough really annoying. My nieces were all sick and I got it from them :( I guess I have to be more careful hanging out with them now.

Lucky7's, so far the fibroid isn't painful. I am hoping later on it doesn't cause any problems but you never know. And yes, I have a bruise on my arm too from all that blood work! LOL I have to get stuck again on Tuesday for my endocrinologist since I have hypothyroidism. I will be using my other arm! :) And kids are quite the germ carriers! Being pregnant actually decreases our immune response so we are prone to getting ill easier. I try and wash my hands as frequently as possible. I just got over a cold and it isn't fun. Feel better soon! :)

Morning all!

I'm not too bad lucky ta! MS is back with knobs on - but I can live with it lol
Scan day tomorrow and am blummin nervous :wacko:

Oh, good luck with your scan tomorrow!!! And I hope you feel better! I have MS with no vomiting but the nausea is killer. I hoping by week 10, once the placenta takes over, that it lessens!

Fxed for your scan Urchin! So many people here on bnb to be with you in spirit! :hug:

Thanks leikela and jaymes - scan is the back end of the afternoon, so should be able to report back in the evening

One sleep - squeeeeeee!

Yay Urchin tomorrow's the day! I can't wait...my appointments are bright and early at 9am so by lunch I'll let you all know how it goes!!

Oooo lucky - I wish we were in for 9 ... you should see the list of mundane chores I have written for myself to keep me occupied (mind you #1 is Piddle around on the internet lol

Urchin, how was the scan today?

US ladies, I am almost jealous of all your testing. We get hardly any at all!

It all went brilliantly Traskey :D

Eenie was measuring 12+2 with a good strong heartbeat. Most of the time s/he was just chillin out but then woke up and had a little wiggle of arms and legs before going back to sleep.

We said no to the NS test, but the scanny lady said they still look to see if everything looks ok - and Eenie has nothing showing wrong with him :D

We are both so very happy :D

389256_10150744085906023_519771022_11944696_91146633_n.jpg

Wow Urchin! Little bean looks so cute!! I am so glad that everything went very well for you!! Congrats to you and Hubby!! :)

Aww Eenie looks absolutely gorgeous. So pleased all was well x

Urchin adorable!!! You're so lucky... mine was not staying still! It was moving, and jumping.. they said probably the hiccups.. so the pictures were horrible!

https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/vjorge2002/BP9.jpg

heartbeat was fast and healthy and strong.. everything looks great!

posted this on youtube for my friends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZfgRYVDSGA

Hey Lucky :D
Eenie did do a bit of a dance for us, but then he settled back down for a good rest.

I do like your video though - very cute!

Great news Urchin and Lucky7s - nice to see those little bean images! I go for my first scan this friday. I'll be starting my 13th week. I'm a bit nervous as I had a missed miscarriage in August. I'm feeling very pregnant though and showing a nice little bump.

hello ladies

I'm a bit late joining this thread but you all seem like such a nice bunch...
I'm 42 and pregnant with my first through first time IVF (own eggs donor sperm). Due 22 Oct.

However I'm a bit worried after catching up with your posts, as almost all my symptoms have gone :cry: I had a scan at 7 weeks and had strong heartbeat and good size and plenty symptoms - lightheadedness, exhausted, very hungry, bigger sore boobs, peeing in the night, and even a bit of nausea if I didn't eat every few hours. But symptoms started fading around 8 weeks, and just today I'm not sure I feel much any more except hungry regularly. I'm still on 2 x 400mg progesterone everyday and so was a bit worried as didn't know if the symptoms were from pregnancy or that, but now I don't know what to think. :nope: I know MS threads say it should be ok if no bleeding or cramping (got neither) but worried that doesn't count in my case as could be MMS or just progesterone that is keeping me from expelling.

I'm not at home (on holiday for 2 weeks go home this weekend) so have been waiting it out but not even sore boobs any more today is really freakeing me out and i think maybe i should just head to the A&E of my local hospital?

My boobs are not sore anymore either, and my MS is deffinantly easing up! I just had a scan in Thurs, (due to threatened MC) and everything is going very well in there! I hope this helps you a bit. As the placenta starts working a bit, your symptoms ease up. :hugs: It can be hard, but try to keep some PMA! :dust:

Great news Urchin and Lucky7s - nice to see those little bean images! I go for my first scan this friday. I'll be starting my 13th week. I'm a bit nervous as I had a missed miscarriage in August. I'm feeling very pregnant though and showing a nice little bump.

Thank you Babinogi = it certainly is reassuring. I was feeling the same - had a mmc last time I was pregnant and was worried that it could have happened again :hugs:

Welcome Caro -
Losing your symptoms doesn't really mean an awful lot - as the placenta starts to take over, a lot of women find that the symptoms start disappearing (even my MS has reduced greatly - still have days when I am sick a lot, but now can go 2-3 days feeling absolutely fine!)
And not losing them doesn't mean anything either! with a MMC, because everything remains, your body still thinks you are pregnant and behaves accordingly (at least it did with mine)

I also worried that the progesterone I was on would mean that I wouldn't expel if I MC - and I think there is some truth to that.
However, as I said above, losing your symptoms (or not!) doesn't actually indicate anything :shrug:

As far as A&E goes - that's a tricky one. Getting a scan won't alter anything, so it's down to whether you will find it easier to cope with bad news, than with not knowing? (not that it won't be good news, but nobody has difficulty dealing with good news!)
Good luck chikkie, fingers crossed that it all works out ok
Let us know what you find out when you find it out :hugs:

thank you ladies.

Well I've had an interesting day as I ended up crying to my mum on the phone last night and so I decided to go to A&E locally (as I'm not in London) to see if i could get some reassurance. Of course they couldn't say much.. they did an HCG urine test, which was positive.. so that's something i guess Smile anyway i took it as a good sign. But the process to get a scan would have been a lot of running around and taken much of today and tomorrow and then I'm back in London at the weekend, so I ended up going to see a friend (who's no2 is 10 months now) and she reassured me loads saying that lots of her friends lost their symptoms at 9-10 weeks, so it was perfectly normal. So I'm feeling a lot less anxious and will try and stay that way until first midwife appointment next week. My 12 week scan is the week after.. I cannot WAIT! Bring it on!

Caro, I was a bit nervous last night as well, so I got out my Doppler and searched for a few not expecting to find anything as it is still a bit early... I found it! 144! Yay! Try not to worry, and if you can afford one get a fetal Doppler, it can be very calming to be able to hear babes HB.

thanks Jaymes, and how inspiring to hear heartbeat at 10 weeks! Wow!
I had a quick look online - what kind of doppler did you get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->