Any Other December Babies?

I've finally found our baby's HB with my Doppler! So relieved to know there is a little someone growing away in there. Ran downstairs to let hubby hear but took me a few mines to find it again, but eventually there it was beating away nice and fast. Feels a little more real now :)

Hi Ladies, im now 10 weeks and have my booking in appointment on thursday. Can't wait to have my scan :)

Could i ask what doppler you use? Im wanting to get one but didnt have one for my first so not sure which are the best ones.

Hope everyone is feeling well xx

I use a Hi Bebe one which is what the midwives use in the UK.

Enjoy your booking in appointment, mine isn't until the 31st.

Hi Ladies!

I haven't been on for a while - life just gets in the way sometimes!

I am 10 weeks pregnant today, got my booking app Fri with midwife. I rang hosp today to try and book scan but got to wait for a number on Friday!

I had a "chemical pregnancy" beginning of Feb so quite paranoid about this one. It will be baba number 3 for us.

I am a larger lady so wondering if that's why I am not having much luck with doppler so going to pay close attention on Friday to see where she gets HB! or maybe I'm just not doing it right?! lol!

How's all the MTB's today??

TC:flower:

Hi I had a scan at 5 weeks pregnant, I didn't think nothing of it at first but theres 2 circles, some have said its the yolk sac and the baby but they rnt attached I don't think but 2 of my friends with twins said it looks like 2 sacs. I'm confused can anyone help? Thanks lianne. Scan picture attached x

Attachments

• IMG-20130422-01747.jpg
    IMG-20130422-01747.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 9
Hi Ladies!

I am 10 weeks pregnant today, got my booking app Fri with midwife. I rang hosp today to try and book scan but got to wait for a number on Friday!

I had a "chemical pregnancy" beginning of Feb so quite paranoid about this one. It will be baba number 3 for us.

I am a larger lady so wondering if that's why I am not having much luck with doppler so going to pay close attention on Friday to see where she gets HB! or maybe I'm just not doing it right?! lol!

I just got my doppler today and so far haven't had any luck finding the heartbeat. (I'm only 8 weeks so I know that it's rare) I'm also wondering if it's because of my weight. I have some excess skin from my previous pregnancies so I'm sure it's going to be harder to find. I have an appt for my first scan on the 28th so two more weeks and I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the hb easier once I see where they find it too. Good luck I hope you find the little heartbeat soon!!

Hi I had a scan at 5 weeks pregnant, I didn't think nothing of it at first but theres 2 circles, some have said its the yolk sac and the baby but they rnt attached I don't think but 2 of my friends with twins said it looks like 2 sacs. I'm confused can anyone help? Thanks lianne. Scan picture attached x

I don't know if I can be of much help but when I had twins in '08 at my 7 week scan it looked different from yours. I know that each scan can look different but mine were identical so they were in the same sack however they were separated by a very visible membrane which made it look like there was two different sacks.

Single baby. The sizes are too different. The big one is the yolk sac, and baby is the one next to it. They don't have to be attached, my baby was half an inch away from the yolk sac in my ultrasound. The yolk sac is just the food, it's not what they must be against.

I just got my doppler today and so far haven't had any luck finding the heartbeat. (I'm only 8 weeks so I know that it's rare) I'm also wondering if it's because of my weight. I have some excess skin from my previous pregnancies so I'm sure it's going to be harder to find. I have an appt for my first scan on the 28th so two more weeks and I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the hb easier once I see where they find it too. Good luck I hope you find the little heartbeat soon!!
first off, I've never used a Doppler myself, so my advice might not be accurate; I have no experience, BUT this is my third pregnancy and in both my previous pregnancies the midwives have had problems finding the baby's heartbeat at my 16 week appointments. They've admitted that even at that gestation they're hard to find, and they're well-trained in using dopplers. They say it doesn't mean anything if you don't find a heartbeat with your Doppler in the first trimester

I think the ability to find the hb also depends on the location of the placenta...also the babies move around so it can be hard to tag them down....with my DD I found her at 8w6d...I am probably going to start looking soon since I have 4, so I feel like the chances of catching one are pretty good. :haha:

that looks like a yolk sac and a baby.

Oh wow quads!!! What a blessing!

I'm good , getting so many ligament pains, my scan is a week away! Every day seems so so slow!

Hi Ladies!

I finally found ours at 8 weeks 5 days I think it was. It's still hard to find now, have to search a bit although DH is very good at finding it for some reason! Hit a nice 30 second recording on my phone last night :happydance:

Three weeks today till my scan!

That's wonderful squeal! I can't wait to hear the heartbeat. Unfortunately the gel or something really irritated my c-section scar :( even though its been almost 5 years its really sore today from trying to find the hb yesterday. I only tried for about 30 minutes total but I think I better wait a few days to try again :(

The first scan is what I'm really looking forward too though :)

first off, I've never used a Doppler myself, so my advice might not be accurate; I have no experience, BUT this is my third pregnancy and in both my previous pregnancies the midwives have had problems finding the baby's heartbeat at my 16 week appointments. They've admitted that even at that gestation they're hard to find, and they're well-trained in using dopplers. They say it doesn't mean anything if you don't find a heartbeat with your Doppler in the first trimester

This is my 4th pregnancy (one mc before 8 weeks) I have three daughters though and with each pregnancy they've always found the heartbeat at around 8 weeks (even with twins they were able to find both). I'm just more overweight this time and I'm not as experienced with the Doppler so I wasn't really getting my hopes up to find it this soon. :) I also know that the baby is still very low in the pelvis so that could be why. Not too much longer and I'll get to see my little one :happydance:

Hi Ladies,

Been for my booking in appointment today, been classed as a high risk pregnancy due to having pre-eclampsia with my previous pregnancy. Also been told that i will probably be induced 2 weeks before my due date just incase :/.

Midwife took my blood pressure and she said that it was on the high side of normal it's made me panic as i didnt get it with my little boy until i was 31 weeks but im only 10+4. Can anyone else tell me what there bp's were at their booking in.

Hope your all doing well today ladies. x

I had mine taken today and it was 126/78 I have never had a problem with high bp though.

Hi Ladies,

Been for my booking in appointment today, been classed as a high risk pregnancy due to having pre-eclampsia with my previous pregnancy. Also been told that i will probably be induced 2 weeks before my due date just incase :/.

Midwife took my blood pressure and she said that it was on the high side of normal it's made me panic as i didnt get it with my little boy until i was 31 weeks but im only 10+4. Can anyone else tell me what there bp's were at their booking in.

Hope your all doing well today ladies. x

I wouldn't worry too much, you might have just been a little nervous with it bring your first appointment. Whenever I go to the Doctors and they do my blood pressure I can feel my heart start to race! If you do keep worrying it may have an impact on your blood pressure.

Has anyone informed work yet? I'm dreading it. We are already short staffed and struggling so they aren't going to be happy as I will be restricted straight away.

I haven't had to tell work as I'm my own boss ;) I'm a SAHM lol!

12 weeks tomorrow!! It has gone so so fast!! My scan is on Tuesday, ill let you all know how I get on.

Feeling good, sore nipples but that's it. Seriously showing, but I have a layer of fat already from having kids lol!! So it's mainly bloat and water retention.

I haven't had to tell work as I'm my own boss ;) I'm a SAHM lol!

12 weeks tomorrow!! It has gone so so fast!! My scan is on Tuesday, ill let you all know how I get on.

Feeling good, sore nipples but that's it. Seriously showing, but I have a layer of fat already from having kids lol!! So it's mainly bloat and water retention.

Wow Tuesday will soon be here! Hope all is well with your scan and enjoy seeing your little baby for the first time. Can't wait to see a picture. X

yay squeal for finding the hr!

chelsey...what was your BP??

My BP is super low... WHich is some ways is good, since my pregnancy is already high risk enough..it was 102/56....

yay Jakesmummy for a scan...my next scan is in a week...really anxious...I have a feeling one of my babies died...

Will be gone for a while dh has been arrested and I need to take care of him and my family

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->