Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

:)

Attachments

• 283610_376480052418684_453107391_n.jpg
    283610_376480052418684_453107391_n.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 11
Hi ladies. I had my consultant meeting about my weight, no problems at the moment but apparently I am at a higher risk of several things due to my weight....she didn't nag me just said I had to eat healthily. Does everyone in the UK to a GTT? They haven't mentioned it to me but my blood sugar was normal at 12 wk appointment.

If you have a high BMI here you get 2 GTT one at 18 weeks and another at 24 wks. I think it's if your BMI is higher than 30

I have high BMI and I only had one GTT at 27 weeks, Im in the UK.

My results showed that I handled the sugar amazingly, so much so my test after the drink was loads better than before :haha:

Ive a BMI over 30 and I only get 1 GGT at 24 weeks! I passed with flying colours last time! and hope to do the same again! ^^

Mines way over 30....havingmyfirst-where are you from? Seems lie its later in in the UK (so I havent escaped lol)

Yes I had to have GTT due to raised bmi at 28 weeks but it was fine. Also anaethetist and consultant, I have lost weight through hyperemesis and my bmi has gone down by 7. Consultant was funny wrote down a wrong much lower bmi I said no its not that its this he said are you sure, lol, he also said I didnt look big enough to see him! Done me a favour though as means consultants are dealing with my anemia and hyperemesis! Anaethestist said I had lost so much weight I was on the border of not needing to see him lol, said no problems with anything in labour no worries dont have to have an epidural and said he never says it but try and not loose anymore weight lol (tell bubba that!)

I really dont get the point of these appointments but on plus side with the two extra growth scans at least baby is being monitored well :) x

Oh and a 36 week bump piccie x

Attachments

• 423480_334355803323012_1137055134_n.jpg
    423480_334355803323012_1137055134_n.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi, I have been following your thread for months, 12dpo today got a very faint cross on the clear blue test. Really really worried about what is going to be said about my weight...I am huge! We were not going to try till I lost some weight, but I guess it has happened sooner :). Any advice, i am from uk.

I am in the US and everyone here gets the GTT around 25-28 weeks. My BMI is about 35 but my Dr. has mentioned nothing about my weight. (I am kinda thankful about that.) So far everything has been smooth with my pregnancy. I only took the GTT yesterday so I don't know the results yet. I hope I pass!

My BMI is 36 at starting weight. It gets mentioned at the beginning and had to be under consultant car (seen them twice) both times is just like a midwife appointment and the second time she wondered why I was there :haha: I have not been weighed wince the beginning. And the only time I've had my weight mentioned really is on my notes for my scans, says restricted view. But my midwife says thats unfair as it would be more restricted by my anterior placenta

I've seen the dietitian & been told to try & maintain my weight rather than gain. So far I've only gained 1kg, which I think is about 3lbs, and to be honest, I haven't really been trying. So this week I'm *trying* to monitor what I eat & making sure I get enough fruit & dairy.
Nothing else has been said. I've not been told I'm getting a GT test, I have no family history of diabetes, and I see the consultant & get scanned at 36 weeks.
Someone mentioned epidurals? You don't have to have one if your overweight do you? No one has told me this.

I saw an anastetics woman who checked me over for an epidural for labour. when i went into labour, i found out she had put on my notes, " Will need early epi line and drips in my hand, as WILL struggle with labour, WILL have issues" When midwife wheeled the drip needles in and i refused she lookd worried! Then after id had my baby litturaly 30-40 mins later she thankd me for listning to my body and not to a Dr because I had a perfect birth and the call for drips and epis were wrong! So no, you dont NEED one! at all! xx

Hi, I have been following your thread for months, 12dpo today got a very faint cross on the clear blue test. Really really worried about what is going to be said about my weight...I am huge! We were not going to try till I lost some weight, but I guess it has happened sooner :). Any advice, i am from uk.

Listen to your body hun! you will be fine! you can be big and healthy! healthy is better than skinny! =) xx

I saw an anastetics woman who checked me over for an epidural for labour. when i went into labour, i found out she had put on my notes, " Will need early epi line and drips in my hand, as WILL struggle with labour, WILL have issues" When midwife wheeled the drip needles in and i refused she lookd worried! Then after id had my baby litturaly 30-40 mins later she thankd me for listning to my body and not to a Dr because I had a perfect birth and the call for drips and epis were wrong! So no, you dont NEED one! at all! xx

Ugh, I can't believe she didn't even discuss it with you! (well i can actually, but im being dramatic!) I really want to avoid having an epidural & will be making this clear to midwives & consultant. I'm at peace with not having a water birth but I would much rather try a natural birth (with gas & air) first before even considering an epi.
Why do they think it's even necessary? Why would an overweight person be able to cope less well than a slim Jim?

Dunno hun, something about us being less fit! (compleatly untrue! As I walk up to 6-7 miles a day! and my skinny "healthy" friend cant even cope with a walk down the road!) Wanted to put an early in, because im too big for them to get it right in an emergency situation because theres too much fat! >.< so wanted to do it while I was calm and able to sit still!

Im refusing any consultant care this time around, and im haveing a homebirth so they can stay away from my fat, unhealthy body with there drugs and needles!

So, because were less fit i supose? Aparently

Go for it hun! you can do it! xx

Aahh, that old chestnut! Well they can keep their needles away from me too. What's the point in them giving us birthing options & allowing us to write a birthing plan if they're just gonna override with sneaky comments in our maternity notes. Grrr... Thanks for replying though :) x
All the best with your home birth! This is my first pregnancy so I think I'd be too scared at home. Who's going to be with you?

Everyone keeps inviting themselves lol! My silly other half, my baby and my aunty wants in! lol. =) but shes being given things like. note takeing! and photos of baby after born. ect. makeing teas =) She missed my first birth by about an hr! lol. And so now, She wants in ^^ Id of never had a homebirth with my first, you dont no how your body responds and to me the idea of haveing some support if something goes wrong seem'd right =)

Yeah, that's how I feel too, but all the best with home birthing! Very exciting xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->