• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

Yah, I thought hubs would put on with this one, but since we're keeping pop and sugars out of the house he's dropped a few pounds too. He was thin to begin with (not in an unhealthy way), but I could swear he gained with my first pregnancy.

My current frustration is how all of the 'boy or girl' tricks don't actually work! lol I have heard that the string/needle, string/ring (whichever you use) test is always accurate - and it has been 100% in my family but even that is swinging both ways on me! I am definitely not having twins (too bad!), so that isn't it. lol All of this gender waiting is getting to me! We're supposed to find out a week from today. If the baby doesn't show us then, I may just lose my mind a little bit! lol

Kitcat - - don't feel badly about gaining! All of us who've lost are bound to gain as we go anyway and if I'm able to indulge cravings by then (doubt it), who's to say how much? lol That has been a struggle... b/c I eat what I can, and can still have like pasta and mashed potatoes right now since carbs help keep down keytones and I struggle with those... BUT there have already been nights when I am so, so hungry but don't eat anything before bed b/c I don't want my sugar to go up. You are right - it sucks! So eat what you need when you need it, and try to be healthy the rest of the time. I try to keep light yogurt and string cheese around. (The yogurt isn't filling but the cheese helps). Apples have been a good distraction too, and those super-skinny like half-sized bagels.

Anyway, best of the 9 months to you! :) I am loving having you all here to chat with!

i was worried about not getting a bump too. but this is me at 20 weeks. def baby bump. im a uk size 18-20. felt movement from 17 weeks. all scans have been fine although when baby has not co-operated for sonographer ( wouldnt keep still for her at 12 weeks for her to do nuchal fold measurement, then was face down at 20week scan so she couldnt check front of face, heart and brain) they put on the scan report that it was down to my size!!!! nothing to do with me being overweight. even if i was skinny if baby is face down then thats it! makes me mad that they always have to put little comments on to make you feel bad. :0( anyway i get another scan in 2 weeks and hopefully she will be face up posing! xxx

I am so glad I've been lucky with both my scans! I was dreading having the sonographer tell me I'm too heavy for this or that, but no such thing! In fact, they couldn't get a good view of my baby's lips or heart, but said it's just because she's too small yet. No mention of my weight at all. It stinks that they have to be so rude about weight. It's different when doctor tells you you're too heavy...at least THEY went to medical school and know what they're talking about!!!

the most annoying this for me was both times it was coz little girl was being too hyper and then too lazy!! and they said that then when i saw the report it said "difficult scan due to maternal habitus" making out it was my fault when she clearly got all the other measurements and it was only coz baby was face down she couldnt check the front of her face. grrr makes me cross!! xxx

well I was size 14 before getting pregnant so while that is not slim or "normal" it was once considered normal but since becoming pregnant I have gone up to a size 18 and I know by the end of my pregnancy I will be a size 22 because the weight gain has been so rapid, the midwife even told me I am now "overweight" and basically "Fat" I mean who says that to a patient? admitting I have never weighed this much before you do not call someone fat, no doctor I know of has ever said this before to me even in the days of my yo yo dieting.

anyway I just feel like swollen beach whale right now and my BMI is high now :( I also failed my first glucose test so yeah I do feel enormous and its so rude how there is stigma attached to being overweight, like people say "tsk tsk" and shake their heads like its somehow my fault, I chose to be this way and chose to let myself put on weight when I didn't. I don't know....society is lame

Ack, I just hate hearing about them being rude! And the thing is they KNOW that women are more sensitive and emotional when pregnant, so it seems like the exactly wrong time to do it!

Okay... so how do I add my bump picture? I noticed that what was my B-shaped and flat belly fat is more roundy now, so I should've done this sooner. lol

i was worried about not getting a bump too. but this is me at 20 weeks. def baby bump. im a uk size 18-20. felt movement from 17 weeks. all scans have been fine although when baby has not co-operated for sonographer ( wouldnt keep still for her at 12 weeks for her to do nuchal fold measurement, then was face down at 20week scan so she couldnt check front of face, heart and brain) they put on the scan report that it was down to my size!!!! nothing to do with me being overweight. even if i was skinny if baby is face down then thats it! makes me mad that they always have to put little comments on to make you feel bad. :0( anyway i get another scan in 2 weeks and hopefully she will be face up posing! xxx

I am so glad I've been lucky with both my scans! I was dreading having the sonographer tell me I'm too heavy for this or that, but no such thing! In fact, they couldn't get a good view of my baby's lips or heart, but said it's just because she's too small yet. No mention of my weight at all. It stinks that they have to be so rude about weight. It's different when doctor tells you you're too heavy...at least THEY went to medical school and know what they're talking about!!!

the most annoying this for me was both times it was coz little girl was being too hyper and then too lazy!! and they said that then when i saw the report it said "difficult scan due to maternal habitus" making out it was my fault when she clearly got all the other measurements and it was only coz baby was face down she couldnt check the front of her face. grrr makes me cross!! xxx

I had the same written on mine, but she got all the measurements absolutely fine - so it completely pissed me off!!

I had the same written on mine, but she got all the measurements absolutely fine - so it completely pissed me off!!

Me too all the way through they were saying that the baby was moving too much there was a trainee doing the scan as well but it was my fault for being fat that they were struggling! I was very very mad!

This is a great thread. I am 5ft 6 and about 230lbs. I was dreading my first hosp apt in case they said something to me about my weight and esp infront of my OH but suprisingly they didnt. They mistakenly weighed me as 9st and then realised that was obv wrong! My DD was over 10lbs so I am being sent for the GTT at 20 weeks.

ChimChims (and anyone else), not sure if you've come across this one:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-groups/165711-plus-size-bump-pictures.html

It's MASSIVE, but there are lots of fun pictures. Plenty of smaller girls in there, too, a wide range.

Hay gals i have a question ..i weigh right at 200-205 lbs right now (depending on the day) ((im 5'5"1/2 pre pregnancy i was around 180s.. upper 177s if i was being strict with diet and exersice.. lost alot of weight in past, used to be alot bigger..size 11 JRs after all the weightloss -now SUM jr 11s didnt fit my butt ..but some did lmao-..but its weird cuz when i see myself i see something bigger..although it hurts to squeeze in those 11s now lol)) i go for my anaomoly scan on the 12th, ill be 18+6 then .. ive had scans before never had anyone say they couldnt see baby because of my size but do you think they will have troubles measuring baby for that? i mean i had a pretty indepth scan around 12 wks for the NT testing, and i quick peek around 15wks.. but idk, it just makes me nervous! :( i do have that dreaded "apron" thing from all the weight loss in the past.. but its still full of fat a bit too ...usaully when i have scan they go to that with the prober (lol i dont know the proper word) .. when i lay down its not really a "flap" but right under neath it in the crease.. oddish but thats also where i hear babys heartbeat on my home doppler to .. no problem ever.. im so worried about gaining a lot of weight .. taken over a yr of my life to get the weight off then to watch it slowly creep up ..its kind of a mind f*** ... exscuse my language horrible way to put it, and i should be ashamed but its a bit of how i feel .. i wouldnt change this pregnancy for the world tho .. im so inlove with this lil thing growing inside me and i feel moving around now, love those little taps :) just to struggle with weight just about your entire life and then lose it, but then gain again ..idk, its just a difficult situation .. and it doesnt help i havent been making the healthiest of choices.. i ate super healthy before pregnancy.. idk what my deal is!! grrr

They're just probably trying to cover their asses in case someone gets upset with them for not getting all the measurements they need. I hope you have a better experience next time!!!

Me too all the way through they were saying that the baby was moving too much there was a trainee doing the scan as well but it was my fault for being fat that they were struggling! I was very very mad!

I KNOW
the midwife was shocked she found my LOs heart beat so fast because according to her I'm covered in layer of fat and this is why I cannot feel kicking and why she said it should be more difficult to detect a heart beat
honestly she acts as though I am the fattest person to ever be seen by her, I dunno maybe all the other women are rake thin???:growlmad:

So shocking how some of you girls are being treated by medical professionals :(

I had 2 MW's at my last appt and one was really lovely, and one kept referring to my high BMI..... hmmm..... I just pretty much ignored everything she was saying to me!

If I get her again at my 24 week appt she will be getting told exactly how I feel ! I wont be made to dread every appointment that I have with them because of one narrow minded woman!

My bump!

18 weeks: URL=https://s1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh539/acthompson1/?action=view&current=photo.jpg]https://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh539/acthompson1/th_photo.jpg[/URL]

(Almost) 22 weeks: https://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh539/acthompson1/th_photo5.jpg

WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!!!!! YAAAAY!!!

Mommy can't wait to meet you, MyLinda Rose! :)

aww, congrats Chim! We found out last Wednesday that one of our babies is a Boy.. The other had their legs crossed and wouldn't let us peak! We got back on the 28th for our official gender scan.

Here is my 15+4day bump w/ twins!

15w4d bump.jpg

Congrats Chim! We're going in for a second ultrasound, (baby girl was not cooperating at the last one) so the tech can get a better view of her lips and heart. So glad your LO was cooperating enough for a gender scan! That's the one thing our girl did the best...flash us her goods! :haha:

Should I be concerned for her as a teenager??? :winkwink:

What a cute bump! I had never thought about that with twins - being able to learn the sex of one but not the other! lol So now you have a little more surprise coming! hehe

Congrats Chim! We're going in for a second ultrasound, (baby girl was not cooperating at the last one) so the tech can get a better view of her lips and heart. So glad your LO was cooperating enough for a gender scan! That's the one thing our girl did the best...flash us her goods! :haha:

Should I be concerned for her as a teenager??? :winkwink:

Man, I hope not, b/c that means I would have to worry too! lol :bunny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"