• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

Lovely bumps, xxxbeckyxxx and letia 659!

I will say (I forgot who mentioned it) that I am 100% positively ADDICTED to having ultrasounds! lol I only had three or four with my daughter, but have had one every three weeks since week 9 with this baby. I had two the first time b/c they did internal and external, then had one at 12 weeks when I was too thick for them to hear a heartbeat through, then one at 15 weeks when I spotted a little, and now one next Weds at 18 weeks... I hope and pray that one will show us boy or girl! Show us your bits, baby! We're dying to know which name you'll take! lol

I am tired and breathless a lot, and my back pain has really ramped up, but I couldn't be happier. Tomorrow I see the endochrinologist again, so fingers crossed that my bloods all came back okay and I can stay how I am. :) I have a hunch she'll up my insulin again since it keeps going up at night, in spite of being well within normal range when I go to bed.

Clover, me too! I miss wine and beer and my all time favorite, rum and coke the most! It's all worth it in the end though!!!

So I'm still WTT but was being nosy. I'm quite a bit overweight (ok ok, probably a lot overweight, I refuse to own a scale and haven't been to the doc in a while so I don't actually know how much I weigh, but it's at least 300lbs...I'm only 5'2"....) but you ladies have given me hope that it is possible for overweight women to get pregnant and to even have a nice bump (post more pics ladies! You all look wonderful!), and even be healthy!

Wishing you all the best!

So I'm still WTT but was being nosy. I'm quite a bit overweight (ok ok, probably a lot overweight, I refuse to own a scale and haven't been to the doc in a while so I don't actually know how much I weigh, but it's at least 300lbs...I'm only 5'2"....) but you ladies have given me hope that it is possible for overweight women to get pregnant and to even have a nice bump (post more pics ladies! You all look wonderful!), and even be healthy!

Wishing you all the best!

It is definitely different for everyone, but not impossible! Our so-termed *mild* infertility did not come from my direction, but I still figured that my weight had to contribute. I'd read online about morbidly obese women getting pregnant and only find that either it is not possible or that it is not smart. My daughter has so wanted a sibling that sometimes I'd cry and rail to myself that it is not fair that heavy women supposedly can't conceive.

Anyway, now I am proof to the opposite and all I wanted in the world was to not be the only one. :) Granted I'm the biggest mama, so you can all feel skinny, but at least we can talk with more understanding than we maybe could to other people. :) I don't mind skinny folk, of course. Well, except the ones who feel the need to talk about how small they are. Even when I wasn't large that was annoying! lol

It is definitely different for everyone, but not impossible! Our so-termed *mild* infertility did not come from my direction, but I still figured that my weight had to contribute. I'd read online about morbidly obese women getting pregnant and only find that either it is not possible or that it is not smart. My daughter has so wanted a sibling that sometimes I'd cry and rail to myself that it is not fair that heavy women supposedly can't conceive.

Anyway, now I am proof to the opposite and all I wanted in the world was to not be the only one. :) Granted I'm the biggest mama, so you can all feel skinny, but at least we can talk with more understanding than we maybe could to other people. :)

I'm really glad you started this thread! I was feeling quite alone too! I was just having the discussion with my friend (who is ttc) her dr told her she needs to lose weight and that's why she can't get pregnant. I told her fluffy girls get pregnant all the time, and to seek another opinion! She is starting fertility treatments next month!
I wish they would look into what is really wrong rather than blaming everything on weight!

I don't mind skinny folk, of course. Well, except the ones who feel the need to talk about how small they are. Even when I wasn't large that was annoying! lol

Lol What I really can't stand is when a tiny skinny girl complains about how "fat" she is.

yeah i don't think they automatically do them here (UK) Think it could be a high BMI that makes them give you one.

is it the one with the horrible drink?

in north yorkshire if your bmi is over 30 you hve to have gtt at 24 weeks, yea its the horrible drink! had scan on monday and they say baby is alreadty weighin nearly 1lb so prob 1-2lb of water and placenta so means iv only put on 4lb!!! makes me feel better! even tho im sure my midwife will tell me otherwise! xx

i was worried about not getting a bump too. but this is me at 20 weeks. def baby bump. im a uk size 18-20. felt movement from 17 weeks. all scans have been fine although when baby has not co-operated for sonographer ( wouldnt keep still for her at 12 weeks for her to do nuchal fold measurement, then was face down at 20week scan so she couldnt check front of face, heart and brain) they put on the scan report that it was down to my size!!!! nothing to do with me being overweight. even if i was skinny if baby is face down then thats it! makes me mad that they always have to put little comments on to make you feel bad. :0( anyway i get another scan in 2 weeks and hopefully she will be face up posing! xxx

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 30
i was worried about not getting a bump too. but this is me at 20 weeks. def baby bump. im a uk size 18-20. felt movement from 17 weeks. all scans have been fine although when baby has not co-operated for sonographer ( wouldnt keep still for her at 12 weeks for her to do nuchal fold measurement, then was face down at 20week scan so she couldnt check front of face, heart and brain) they put on the scan report that it was down to my size!!!! nothing to do with me being overweight. even if i was skinny if baby is face down then thats it! makes me mad that they always have to put little comments on to make you feel bad. :0( anyway i get another scan in 2 weeks and hopefully she will be face up posing! xxx

I am so glad I've been lucky with both my scans! I was dreading having the sonographer tell me I'm too heavy for this or that, but no such thing! In fact, they couldn't get a good view of my baby's lips or heart, but said it's just because she's too small yet. No mention of my weight at all. It stinks that they have to be so rude about weight. It's different when doctor tells you you're too heavy...at least THEY went to medical school and know what they're talking about!!!

LilMissHappy, nice bump by the way! I've only taken one picture of my bump, but I'm planning on doing another this week to show the difference, so I'll post them then.

I seem to be the only plus sized mama that has put on a ton of weight :(

Since I found out I was pregnant, and gave up smoking I have put on about 2 stone (was at least 5 -6 stone overweight before) and I feel disgusting. I literally cannot stop eating though, and being hungry and having a grumbling stomach just makes me miserable. Currently about 275lbs :(

Since I found out I was pregnant, and gave up smoking I have put on about 2 stone (was at least 5 -6 stone overweight before) and I feel disgusting. I literally cannot stop eating though, and being hungry and having a grumbling stomach just makes me miserable. Currently about 275lbs :(

I've been smoke free for 5.5 years. I commend you for making this huge change for yourself and your child. I gained a lot of weight after I quit smoking, even with trying to exercise and make better food choices. It's been a difficult road, and I've struggled with losing weight for several years. I lost 20 pounds from my highest weight about 2.5 years ago, shortly before relocating which caused a 10 pound yo-yo for a while, but I've mostly kept it off for the last year and a half. You just happen to be dealing with two big things that certainly don't help with weight loss!

Try to keep an eye on the types of things you eat since you're hungry all the time. It's easier said that done, but protein will keep you fuller longer. Loading up on certain veggies will keep the calorie count low and help you feel less guilty for constantly eating. Avoid the processed foods and refined sugars, and help re-train your body into know when you're full. Smoking helps to hide the hunger pangs, and without that mask, it's hard to know what those new tummy feelings mean, especially if you were a long-time smoker (I'd smoked for about 8 years when I quit).

Also, try not to beat yourself up. Gaining a few pounds more than you'd like is FAR better for you and baby than smoking!

Hey ladies!!

What a great thread! its so comforting to know there are women out there in the same position as you and doing fine and having healthy happy pregnancies!

I about 5'7 and weigh around 239... gained over 20 pounds this pregnancy. its hard being overweight and feeling like every doctors apt is just going to be another lecture.

I just went to the dietitian yesterday and was very surprised buy how supportive she was in helping me manage my weight and eat healthy for the baby.

I left the apt feeling pretty great and still feel that way today. its very rare for me to not be bummed out over my weight. But you only get to be pregnant a very few times in your life and I believe I need to start enjoying myself and what amazing changes my body is going through.

quick question to add, have any of you noticed that your eating habits or your weight gain during your pregnancy has affected your partner? like increased weight himself?

yep hubby has put on too. He also gave up smoking but of course he has access to all the crap I am eating!

lol same we both quite smoking when we found out and the poor guy has been so stressed... he laughs it off and says if i can gain he can too, but i just feel awful cuz i know its bad for his health.

hoping the meal plans my dietitian gave me will help OH out too. :)

DH gained weight at first, when I was losing, he would eat what I left (if it was good), plus he was doing just about anything to get me to eat at all so we'd run out to a restaurant if something sounded remotely good to me lol. He's evened out now and gone back down, and I'm not craving sweets (and fast food makes me ill) so he's eating healthier with me :) Oh and he's less likely to have a beer or wine, or whiskey without me being his drinking buddy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->