Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

Hi ladies I have a bmi of 37 and still no visible bump. I had my scan last week so saw my wiggly little boy on the screen but I'm still not really feeling him and have no bump. Just wondering when you started to show?

Depending on the weight, I think showing is subjective. Nobody else would've been able to tell it, not knowing me, but to my family I was 'showing' at 17 weeks. It will definitely happen, though. One day you'll be in this place you are now, and the next you'll be waddling around wondering where the rest of your body went, for all the belly you've got going on. lol

Congrats on team blue! :)

I have a relatively flat tummy so I was actually really showing to myself and some friends at about 10 weeks this time. I was showing to myself around 18 weeks the first time.

At this point this time, I feel hugely pregnant (same size I was at about 28 weeks with my first) but considering I carry the majority of my weight in my hips and thighs, I could also just easily have a fat belly and be a regular ol' fat person so I wouldn't expect a stranger or someone who doesn't know me well to think I was pregnant at this point. :thumbup:

I started feeling movement with my first around 14 weeks. I started feeling this one at 11 weeks 6 days. I feel her multiple times a day every day now. I really don't think size has too much to do with that despite what people say. :shrug: I think it may have more to do with how early OTHER people can feel baby, but not how early mom can feel baby. There are other factors that play into that like placenta position and just knowing what feeling you're looking for and stuff like that.

For those who dont have flat tummies, who are over 300lbs... if any of u all, did your stomach form to look pregnant or at least harden or anything? Just curious cuz someone told me I'd show but I dont believe it cuz im already so big

For those who dont have flat tummies, who are over 300lbs... if any of u all, did your stomach form to look pregnant or at least harden or anything? Just curious cuz someone told me I'd show but I dont believe it cuz im already so big

I was 275 pre pregnancy and my tummy is hard now and you can tell I am pregnant. I still have a B shape but less and less everyday. Someday I will be brave enough to post a bump pic!!

I was 275 pre pregnancy and my tummy is hard now and you can tell I am pregnant. I still have a B shape but less and less everyday. Someday I will be brave enough to post a bump pic!!

Awww u should post one. Im way bigger than u lol and if my stomach hardens I'll post one.

My friend was very large with her second baby and she had a bump from around 20 weeks which was more of a b but by 30weeks it was an obvious pregnancy bump... Don't worry you will show

I was 194lbs pre pregnancy and a BMI of 29, UK size 16.

I still have a flabby section at the bottom of my bump which puts me off posting a pic too. I'm 31 weeks now and have a nice round bump, its just saggy at the bottom :blush:. Bump is measuring 32cm which is spot on!

saying that, I've had no issues with bloods, blood pressure or diabetes but have had trouble with SPD.

I've not been weighed for weeks because im terrified really of seeing how much weight I have actually put on.. I'm gonna wait to get weighed until after the birth and then come up with a plan to loose the extra lbs :thumbup:

When I started this thread (and especially the pregnancy) I was well over 400 pounds (closer to 500, yikes!), and my belly did round out. It will do everything you expect it to. People who aren't our sizes like to guess, but generally they guess wrong about how it will go for 'us'.

Hope you guys don't mind me popping back in!

I agree with ChimChims, people, medical people, like to tell you how things will go or how things will happen due to our size... take it with a pinch of salt :flower:

With my daughter, I had a BMI of about 35 or 36 and I started getting a bump at around 22 weeks. It was still questionable to other people though, whether it was a baby bump or just fat! It was unmistakeable that I was pregnant by about 28 weeks.

When I started this thread (and especially the pregnancy) I was well over 400 pounds (closer to 500, yikes!), and my belly did round out. It will do everything you expect it to. People who aren't our sizes like to guess, but generally they guess wrong about how it will go for 'us'.

Hope you guys don't mind me popping back in!

I get excited when u pop back in because I feel like you're closest to where I am, well u were. Prepregnancy I was 390 now im 4 even. I weighed myself today. I always have questions and even though these women understand being obese, im bigger lol

So I appreciate u

When I tried out BNB I was a little nervous, but I've found it is a great site for information, support, and connecting with like and like-minded individuals. :)

Hi there ladies :) I am 5'6", 235lbs and i think my little lower belly bump is very cute :) lol I am sure to everyone else I am just fat, but to me, it is wonderful!
photo.php

Ok so im 16 weeks and feeling pressure in my lower abdomen. It isn't an all day thing, I just noticed it today. I did some research and saw a lot about ligaments stretching or something. Anyhoo have anyone experienced this and is it something to worry about. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow but im still curious

My bmi is 45, im a size 22. If my midwife brings up slimmers world to me again I think I might punch her, thank God im consultant led, I don't have to see her till 24 weeks now :)

Ok so im 16 weeks and feeling pressure in my lower abdomen. It isn't an all day thing, I just noticed it today. I did some research and saw a lot about ligaments stretching or something. Anyhoo have anyone experienced this and is it something to worry about. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow but im still curious

Pressure is completely normal...I had it alot :D

Okay here goes nothing. This is my first bump pic. I am 29+4 in this pic. I am not sure what my BMI is or was but starting weight was 275 lbs. Size 24 US.

2012-11-13_19-53-00_978.jpg

ok here is me, this was in August, around conception time, im a size 22 and bmi is 45

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/jenchandler/427277_10151101437752140_1224890463_n.jpg

And this is now, 16 weeks.

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/jenchandler/18091_10151120021605264_1739578172_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->