Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

I gained about 3 stone! but 2.5 of that came off right after delivery, I was quite swollen with water. This last .5 is a bugger tho!

I loved how I was told because of my weight I would probably need epidural and intervention, (yes I am heavy, but honestly I'm not even that huge, according to the doctor I carry it well :haha: !) then I had a very straight forward birth with no complications caused by my size. Only complication was meconium... can happen to anyone.

I'm sure a lot of you ladies will be just fine too :flower:

I wish there were more women on here like us. Im on another thread, plus size and pregnant. Im the biggest there. Right now im 416, I've gained 18 lbs being pregnant. Im 27+4 weeks. Idk if that numbers huge but this my first pregnancy for the long haul and my appetite changed drastically.

I didn't have any probs with the techs but I could tell the machine was crappy.

Im gonna take a pic of my stomach soon. I dont think I have a normal bump but with clothes on, u can tell im pregnant

I am on plus size and pregnant with a bmi of 52... So don't think you are the biggest hun:)

Hey guys, I have seen the consultant 3 times due to weight....he would not even let me weigh myself at the appointments.... said it is not a concern right now. I have not been weighed since booking at 12 weeks...don't really know why I am seeing a consultant really. I was so worried about my weight but it has not been an issue....yet!

I wish there were more women on here like us. Im on another thread, plus size and pregnant. Im the biggest there. Right now im 416, I've gained 18 lbs being pregnant. Im 27+4 weeks. Idk if that numbers huge but this my first pregnancy for the long haul and my appetite changed drastically.

I didn't have any probs with the techs but I could tell the machine was crappy.

Im gonna take a pic of my stomach soon. I dont think I have a normal bump but with clothes on, u can tell im pregnant

I am on plus size and pregnant with a bmi of 52... So don't think you are the biggest hun:)

Oh .. lol. I didn't know. Everyone that usually post on there are 2 something. I just like knowing im not alone =) that's all

The hospital im at, makes sure they weigh me every time. They never make a big deal tho. I think I make a bigger deal than they do lol

My BMI is 38 too (well I think it's 37.8 but they round up). I was told I was allowed to gain no weight at all from my 10 week booking apointment, I have gained about 2lbs and I'm seeing the consultant next week and I know she'll be angry. They said if at the time of giving birth I'd gained a stone I'd be better to have an epidural which I absolutely do not want. I think it's a little unfair to tell you not to gain weight and then not give you any idea of how many calories to eat, or weigh you inbetween. I haven't eaten any more in the third trimester but have gained weight because little man has. I have no other pregnancy problems except BMI. My early scan said view restricted due to BMI, the others haven't but they've never had to rescan or not been able to see anything.

My BMI is now approx 39, and was almost 42 when I got pregnant.
I've been seeing a dietitian since week 6, and while I've actually not gained any weight (I lost 13lbs since then), she keeps reassuring me that it's ok for me not to have gained any weight, and at the same time, she also told me right from the start that it's theoretically ok (and I should expect) for me to gain anywhere between 6-11kg (13-23lbs) by the end.
I think it's ridiculous that they would tell you that you have to have an epidural if you gain weight. I've read that epidurals are less ideal for overweight women, because the recovery is far harder because there are more layers to cut through when they make the incision.

I've not had any troubles with my US scans. The doc usually asks me to pull my tummy up, and on the early anomaly scan I had he switched to vaginal part way through in order to be able to see better (which I actually prefer because it was less uncomfortable than the external scan).

When I went to the dietitian, she gave me general guidelines of what to eat, with a general menu, and told me what to steer clear of, which was a huge help. She also gave me a manual of foods and their equivalents, as well as a guide to eating healthily during pregnancy. They're amazing here, and want to do everything they can to help you.
I've been going to her every two weeks, and she weighs me and puts it into the computer, so they can keep track.

Im currently BMI 39.5 I think it is. 18st 12lbs anyways. I was 18st 8 when I got my BFP and I havent had any comments from MW on my weight yet. I've no appetite though, and I admit that I have been watching my weight. I am actually eating LESS than I did before, so I think I am losing weight a bit, but putting on baby weight.........if tha tmakes sense. I did try to do more excersize, but my pelvis is really painful and to be honest, I have no time!

I went to the nurse today in my local clinic and one thing I asked her about was when/whether I should expect to start gaining weight, and she said I'm guaranteed to gain, some weight, but that it will be baby rather than me who's gaining. She said what I've heard before - 11-12kg is expected.

So... is it just me or does everyone except the U.S use kg instead of lbs? Lol

How does pounds work? I was told but can't remember much lol

I just realised I promised I'd upload my bump pic when I had it, and then I forgot to!

Here it is :) From today and from a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).jpg
    photo 1 (1).jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 26
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 36
Awww yoshy your bump looks nice. Def more rounded than mine. Its like I have a line in the middle and my bump hasn't connected right lol. Something like that. I gotta get someone to take a recent shot of me. The mirror thing dont act right with me

Hehe, it really depends on what I wear. Those pants disguised the clearly visible line between top of belly and bottom when I'm not wearing anything.

Doctors claim I am obese with a bmi just over the line. Size 16 pre pregnancy. Been warned about gestational diabetes but so far nothing has come up. I had to get referred to a dietician and an exercise mentor. Been ok so far. Between my first and second appt (9 wks) I only put on 2.2lb n that was over Xmas. Good luck with all ur bumps x

hi ladies, another large lady joining in :) im a size 18/20 UK on bottom and 22 on top (big boobs :blush: ) BMI at 20week app was 39.7 and i've not gained any weight since 8week app :)

Currently 23weeks now :D here's my latest compare pic :)

Attachments

• 12v22weeks.jpg
    12v22weeks.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member