• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

Cute bump pic Lamont!

You're around the same size as me... I also tend to wear 18-20 in bottoms and 20-22 in tops.

Ps we're also same age ;)

Aw your bumps are so cute .
I'm under the morbidly obese category according to docs. Luckily apart from being under OB care and one us tech telling me I was difficulty to US I've not really had any negativity off the doctors. I have to admit lately my eating has gone awful. Im just so hungry all the time Before pregnancy I lost three pounds , then gaining it back going up to 17.3 stone just before I found out I was preg at 6 weeks(went on a holiday and completely took advantage of the break lol). I weighed last night at my partners and I'm coming up at 17.10 , so 7lbs gained all in all so far and I'm 22weeks and five days. Any idea what the recommended pounds to gain during pregnancy are?. I meant to be so healthy before baby but then he came and I'm so nibblish all te time- if I don't eat it makes me feel ill. I'm only 5'3 that's why my weights bad at my height. I originally wore size 18/20tops, and 20 bottoms but I've been delegated to only leggings these days because of my tum growing .

Been seeing this come up a lot lately and I am considered obese I wear 16-18 and am 22 weeks atm with my third I have not really gained anything yet I have lost 5 pounds gained some back lost it never going over my orig weight. I look a tad frumpy as I was in my house clothes and just bumming around but bump picture included anyway. :flower:

Attachments

• baby 22 weeks.jpg
    baby 22 weeks.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 11
Aww, USAF, your bump is so cute and round! I love it!

Do you ladies mind if I late join? I'm still obese although I have no bump :( Ob is watching baby and I very closely because i've gotten smaller since I got pregnant. I really want a bump, I know it's dumb it tears me to pieces. I was backed up one day and it pushed me tummy out a little and made me think I was getting a bump and the next day it was gone.

Both OH and I lost a lot of weight when I got pregnant...

The pink tank top picture is actually the day before I conceived

and the white tank top picture is 2 weeks ago.. Nothing's changed so I haven't taken new pictures.

Attachments

• 192585_10151207372954249_514564941_o.jpg
    192585_10151207372954249_514564941_o.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 740451_10151207373234249_1126346552_o.jpg
    740451_10151207373234249_1126346552_o.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 29
Hangin-On, you don't actually look any bigger than I am in real life.

I've got a friend who's skinny as a rake who is also around 31 weeks at this point. I talked to her about a week ago, and she said she's still not showing! But everything is fine, and she's doing great.

Lol thanks, I just still have a fairly flat stomach, this pregnancy has just been weird as heck for me. I actually got to throw away my fat pants and dropped down from a size 18 to a size 14/15. I bought a whole bunch of maternity pants that don't stay up cause they are too big now. I finally just started gaining weight 2 weeks ago but lost a majority of it again this last week so now i'm working on gaining it back. just weird

Wow... if u have no bump I guess that's proof that a woman really can be pregnant and not know. Like that TV show. I've never known anyone like that. I think it makes u unique. Although im sure u still want a bump. I know the feeling

Well, look at it this way, once that baby is out you're gonna have a whole new smaller you! :) I was 479 going in, 430 coming out, and 368 a couple of weeks later. My belly was hard and round with the bit of flab hanging off the bottom by the end, so chances are you are all more than definitely going to get there in the last month for sure. If not, it could be positioning. Apparently babies can hide closer to your spine than out the front. Enjoy the weightloss - losing easily w/pregnancy doesn't last forever. And I've put back on 21lbs, so now if I want to drop more I'm going to have to work my butt off. lol

Lol thanks ladies!!

I'm convinced that I would have been one of those women to find out half way through my pregnancy. I have endo and pcos so I was told the chances of me ever getting pregnant were slim to none. I sometimes miss a month or two of ovulating so I don't always get a regular period. I got sick around the same time I got morning sickness could have easily put the two together. I lost weight not gained it.

The only reason I found out I was pregnant early was because When I don't ovulate they give me progesterone pills to restart my cycle but I have to take a pregnancy test at home and tell them I know i'm not pregnant yadee yadee.. Well when I went and asked OH to check the test to make sure it was negative so I could call the doctor it wasn't...

Chim my ob and I laugh about that how tiny i'm going to be. Because she's weighing just about right and my fluid is perfect my internal size is perfect so He puts money on me deflating and being pretty darn tiny compared to what I was before hand. Now my big thing is going to be to keep up being active and not let myself gain it back. Thankfully breast feeding should help with that.

I am medically "obese"......210 pounds at 5'5. Most people think lower though. I carry most of my weight on my hips and thighs, and I hide it pretty well. It was stupidly easy to get pregnant; just two cycles and we didn't even try to time it. So far baby is doing well, as per two US and hearing the heartbeat. I'm very vigilant about what I eat so that hopefully I gain very little to no weight during the pregnancy (if I manage to lose some fat, I could offset the weight of baby and placenta.)

good luck 9jawife and welcome!

You're the same height as me, and at the weight I'm hoping to get to within about a year of giving birth...

Had a growth scan today and little man is perfectly normal still, so that's all good. I'm having DH come with me to the horrible consultant tomorrow. I'm going to try to be assertive but I think I need the back up. I really do not want an overly medicalised birth but because of my BMI I will have to give birth in labour and delivery. She went on a bit about epidural last time, which I am against for me, the idea of being told to just lie there with IVs in scare the hell out of me. My midwife says there is no reason why I can't have a normal birth withour intervention but the consultant seems to think it wouldn't happen. My antenatal class instructor is a trainee midwife and she said that if things didn't go as I would like with the consultant I can ask to see the normalizing midwife, who is able to make recomendations as to what is safe for me during birth. Both her and my regular midwife don't think my weight should be an issue so if it goes badly at least I have another avenue to explore.

Good luck tomorrow! As my mother would say it's time to put your iron clad panties on and stand up for what you need.

Has anyone else had an obese doctor tell them they need to lose the weight? I look at them and laugh and think how am I suppose to take you seriously.

My dad has at various points in his life been obese, and he's a GP. I imagine that he has told people they need to lose weight, and it's more because the insurance mandates that he has to tell them.

Also, you can't judge someone on their weight (as I'm sure all of us know). Maybe the doc is battling with weight problems that you don't know about, and he's been working on it his whole life (I know my dad's definitely in that category).

You should try and take them seriously because in the long run they're telling you what's best for you. Obviously if they say to you "you need to lose weight", without giving you any help or suggestions as to how to do so, that's pointless and useless, and they shouldn't be saying it. But they should be telling you to go to a dietitian for help. That's what my (not overweight) doc told me when I first got pregnant.
He didn't tell me to lose weight, but rather that I should go to a dietitian so that my weight gain could be monitored, to help reduce the danger of GD during my pregnancy.

Your right, the doc I picture in my head is the one who I often bump into buying an economy box of king size candy bars every time.

Hi ladies just a quick question. I keep hearin about ladies seeing baby's feet, hands or elbows coming out o their bumps. I'm presuming because I'm bigger I won't be able to make these things out but its my first so i hve no idea. just wondered if anyone on a second or third etc pregnancy can tell me if I will get to experience this or not?

Uh, I can see butts pushing out, hands, feet, my belly button out.. I can't see fine imprints of a foot or toes w.e but can tell when its body versus limb. Pictures added from my last babeh as this one ive not snapped when she pushes my belly out yet. haha

Attachments

• 221.jpg
    221.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 223.jpg
    223.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads