Any other October mummies?

We don't do timed feedings either. Sometimes she eats every 3 hrs but can go 6 hrs in between feedings but that's at night. I know when she's hungry bc of cues and it's the only time she fusses other than bath time. Hannah hates pacifiers and barely uses one.

We do on-demand feeding here, not timed. We look for feeding cues (putting hands in mouth, sucky face, etc.) and try to feed him before he starts crying. Some days he's attached to my boob what feels like 24/7 (uses me as a pacifier) and other days he's much more efficient about it. We do use pacifiers, it saved our sanity. When he got light treatment for the jaundice, he was knocking the mask of his face, trying to self-soothe by hand-sucking. The pacifier stopped him. There's zero nipple confusion, he knows there's no milk in that one! He goes between the breast, bottle with expressed milk, and pacifier.

And with a ton of effort, despite his hurdles due to jaundice treatment- we've made it through a solid month of breastfeeding, which has been a challenge but finally think we are OK! I have already started back at work this week, only half time in the office, but have pumped enough at home and there too have a small freezer stash. KMFX we can keep this up

Wish we could do on-demand but unfortunately Alexander's ongoing jaundice is still making him sleep a good deal so neeed to still wake him for the most part, otherwise he could go for many hours without a feeding! But now that his jaundice is finally going away, we can hopefully stop with timed feeds and let him take over soon. Think we'll still wait with the pacifier until he's a bit older and the bf'ing is more established as I don't want to chance anything. I think I'd also prefer to avoid using a pacifier and actually try to understand why my baby is crying though, I'd be afraid that a pacifier can be misused and used as a quick fix just to get peace.

Glad that you can do on-demand with your LO though and that everything is going so well!

Smille good that you can do that as well.

Does everyone understand here that Alexander still has jaundice and it's making him super drowsy so he still needs to, 3 times out of 4, awakened for feedings? This has been the advice also of numerous medical professionals. Feel like I'm being judged here.

I don't think anyone is judging you Kat. We're just sharing our experiences.

Kat - I don't think anyone is judging you but I can see how you'd be a little defensive. I just wanted to mention to you that my son also had jaundice - granted not the kind your son is thought to have - and we were also on timed feedings for 2 weeks because of weight gain issues (my babies were also premature which also warranted the timed feedings). I know how tough the timed feedings can be and I wish you all the luck in getting your son off of the timed feedings. It wears on you really fast having to get up every 2 hours and that doesn't even count the time it takes to feed the baby.

We had our newborn and family pictures done today and my partner snapped this one of Maddie and me, ii love love love it! I added the so in love :)

1477728151248.jpg

I don't think anyone means to judge you Kat, they are just sharing their experiences and offering tips that might help you :) You are not doing anything wrong, definitely not. Nobody is implying that, don't worry.

Afm: sorry I'm not on much.. My oversupply knows no boundaries and Thomas' poor system can't handle it. It's so sad. I am back on blockfeeding, sage tea and have a consult with the lactation consultant on Wednesday. It causes him a lot of cramps and gas, it's horrifying. I can't pump anymore because even a little ramps up my supply. Not getting your breastmilk in sucks, but I feel like no one thinks how the other way around works.. this is just as bad, trust me.

This thread has gone very quiet! Hope everyone is going well with their bubbas ☺

:cloud9: Our little pumpkin, Indie. https://i.imgur.com/3HXSQhZ.jpg

Awww congrats Twicky!!! Way to close out the official October births!!!

Who else is still waiting?

Hi!

We are doing great actually! THomas is such a doll, always laughing. The little monster wants to stand and take steps already but obviously he isn't allowed to put weight on his legs/back yet so I have to hold him up and let him 'pretend-walk'.
He sleeps very well at night, either sleeps through the night (10PM-7AM) or wakes up once.

How are you doing?

Gosh this seems like a old thread! OMG blablamana r u expecting again? I had a scare a few weeks ago but was OK thankfully don't think my body could take another pregnancy so soon! My baby is now 15 weeks she is doing fab she goes to bed at, 9 n wakes around 5am for bottle n goes back til 9.she really coming on now too x

Hi hopefullys, yes cautiously so. Wasn't planned at all, we wanted to wait 2-3 years. Guess my body had other plans, but I'm still nervous. I'm currently just tentatively waiting to see if it's sticky.
And wow, such a good sleeper! That's amazing!

Aww fingers crossed for u im sure it be fine how far are you? Seems like ages ago since the birth of my daughter I'm bloody again lol x

aww Thomas is so cute ...

Schylar is such a gem and becoming cuter by the day ... she tries to sit unassisted but that only lasts 5seconds lol ... she is also teething now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->