any other over 35 first time mums?

Hi ladies:) I'm 35 & a stepmom to my awesome son who's 11 & who's dad I've been with of 11 years. It took a while for me to put on my big girl panties & decide it's time we had our "own". Time I figured was running out so if we were gonna do it.....well, DH did not quite share in my excitement & fought it pretty much the entire way through from my mc to ttc again and a year later out beautiful daughter was born. I love get to death. Dh says she's "great" & loves her BUT is out all the time & basically told me he resents me for hindering our lifestyle. Yes we traveled a LOT & had much freedom. Where I don't mind the sacrifices he unfortunately does & sadly it's causing issues in our marriage. I just hope & pray he "grows" up soon as he is almost 40 for crying out loud acting like a 21yr old oh well

I had lo at 37! I didn't expect...how unbelievably strong the love could be for a child! When everyone told me you just can't know until you have your own, they sure weren't kidding:) She is like a little miracle to me and not an hour of any day goes by where I am not just amazed by her and how much she has added to our lives. I am in awe of her and often wonder how I had such a perfect little girl! She is, literally, an angel:)

I will be 35 this Sunday!!!

I have 2 LOs - daughter age 2 and son 4 months.

I never dreamed of having a family until I was about 30. We were very luck to conceive within first few months both times.

I feel it has all worked out perfectly, we are financially stable and have done all our partying in our teens-late 20s!:flower:

hi again ladies :hi: I thought I'd bump this thread
and also ask:
how long did it take you to go back to your pre-pregnancy body? I'm slowly getting there weight-wise but my hips seem to have expanded at least one size - will they ever go back?!

After a year I am, unfortunately, close to my pre-pregnancy body :cry:

I did it the other way around and, due to looking after myself and controlling my diabetes better, I was three stone lighter after giving birth than I was at conception. I restricted all the tasty stuff during pregnancy and Ive certainly made up for it since :haha:

Will have to rein it all in again as we're now thinking about number two and I don't want to face another induction!

Hi ladies:) I'm 35 & a stepmom to my awesome son who's 11 & who's dad I've been with of 11 years. It took a while for me to put on my big girl panties & decide it's time we had our "own". Time I figured was running out so if we were gonna do it.....well, DH did not quite share in my excitement & fought it pretty much the entire way through from my mc to ttc again and a year later out beautiful daughter was born. I love get to death. Dh says she's "great" & loves her BUT is out all the time & basically told me he resents me for hindering our lifestyle. Yes we traveled a LOT & had much freedom. Where I don't mind the sacrifices he unfortunately does & sadly it's causing issues in our marriage. I just hope & pray he "grows" up soon as he is almost 40 for crying out loud acting like a 21yr old oh well

Men, lol ,hope he starts to appreciate you both soon :hugs:

Anyone else's back ache a lot? and hips, and legs, and arms.... Haha! I guess I'll never know if it's easier physically if you have babies young! Just started pilates so hoping that will help build up some core strength... X

Anyone else's back ache a lot? and hips, and legs, and arms.... Haha! I guess I'll never know if it's easier physically if you have babies young! Just started pilates so hoping that will help build up some core strength... X

It's much, much easier. I had my son at 23 and my daughter at 34 and 51 weeks. :haha: Things did not ache as much from carrying my son, who was heavier, than my daughter.

mine!!!
my back is killing me - there are days when my DH has to pick LO from his cot for me to BF as I can't bend! :nope: and since yesterday my knees hurt too!!:

How lovely to find this thread!! I'm a first-time Mum at 39. :hi:

I definitely wasn't ready to be a Mum until my late 30s and it took us 14 months of TTC with one m/c.

I'm nowhere near my pre-pregnancy weight and still look like I'm about 4-5 months pregnant although my tummy has gone down a lot since having my LO. I keep thinking I'm going to do something about it then not quite having the energy. More walking when the weather gets better, I reckon!!

Anyway, nice to meet you all - hope to chat soon - it's late and I need to go to bed!!! :hugs:

I am 38 and had my first baby 5 weeks ago:). When I look at him I think why did it take my husband and I this long to make a decision to have one of this cute little ones:). I had such a scary birth that we might just stick with him. But never say never:).

What a great thread this is! I had my LO 2 days before I was 36! I was never ready before and I have a 'toyboy' of 32 aswell, so was better to wait until we were both really ready. Having said that, in some ways I am still adjusting lots to being a mum. It really is hard work but really rewarding. I hear what you are saying about aches and pains - I am finding that my shoulders and back ache from picking my little boy up and when DH is about I get him to pick him up to give me a rest.

As for getting back to pre-pregnancy weight, I managed to do this at around 4 months pp. BUT, I dont' think my stomach will never be the same again! When I sit down there is this excess skin that wasn't there before. Anyone know how to get rid of this? Is it possible, especially with me being so old (I definitely feel my age at the moment)

Great to 'meet' you all here x

I'm a first time mum at 38! Trying to pursuade DH for number 2 before I hit 40!! I've only just reached my pre pregnancy weight but my tummy area will never be the same, it still wobbles!! X

Hey Ladies, can I join, great thread! I am 41 and had Avery last Nov.
I am so in love with him and wish I did this younger as i would have defo have more.
So thrilled about this thread.

As for my pre preg weight I have a very long way to go!

Those of you with journals I will start stalking tomorrow!

me :) loving it!!

had a mare getting this far but were here :)

my stitches still hurting too - got check up with consultant soon tho - marthas reflux seems to be settling touch wood! shes the bees knees - am 3lbs off pre pg weight b ut lordy everythings in a different place now!

I'm a first time mum at 38! Trying to pursuade DH for number 2 before I hit 40!! I've only just reached my pre pregnancy weight but my tummy area will never be the same, it still wobbles!! X

Ha ha - we're planning to start TTC number 2 pretty soon too because I'm nearly 40. I'm still about a stone above my usual weight and have got a very wobbly tummy!! Unless I'm making a really conscious effort to hold it in then I still look about 4-5 months pregnant. I'm waiting for someone to ask me when it's due!!! :haha:

im the other way round dh would love to ttc for another soon but i want at least a year off if not 2! been pg off and on for the last 2 years!

:wave:
Hello! nice thread,good to see some older mums! i had my Lo just before i was 38 and im due to have my second in 7 weeks, eek! Feeling not so fit this time round as i never really got back into shape before i became pregnant again :wacko: However you cant have every thing eh and im feel very blessed to be doing it again especially when we took a bit longer to have LO.

Creatingpeace i know what you mean,im sooooooooo in love with my little boy :cloud9: but i do wish we had started earlier and we didnt envisage problems when we did eventually calm down our partying!

Hi to every one,really hope this thread keeps going as it will be nice to speak to older mums xxx

I am 40 in 2 weeks and yes i do it feel it especially carrying twins, it will be so worth it when i get to meet my precious girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->