any other over 35 first time mums?

So sorry it took so long to answer you, my dear kosh! I kept meaning to and then got side tracked and forgot. :blush: But I have time now.

I didn't remember as such when I joined the thread but had a nostalgic browse through our early posts and realised the date then :)

We think of you often too and I am always delighted to come across posts of yours on BnB as it is like a little update on you too. But of course your last post here is even better!

People keep telling me that both my boys look like me but I don't see it. I have a picture of my OH as a little boy and he looks just like Dominic apart from the nose. I have no idea who Sebastian looks like. I suppose he has my big eyes but the shape is different. Here is a recent picture of Dominic and me and one of my friend exclaimed that he is a mini me. But :shrug: I don't see it.
https://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s313/Angelique_the_Mage/Dominic%20and%20Sebastian/IMG_7616_zps6310035f.jpg
And here is a recent one of my OH
https://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s313/Angelique_the_Mage/Dominic%20and%20Sebastian/IMG_7508_zpsfac9c842.jpg

Am still hoping for a piccie of G too! In another thread you mentioned he has quite long hair. Have you never cut it yet? Over summer we let Sebastian's grow out a bit too but it really hangs in his eyes now and I am not sure it suits him to have it quite so long over the ears. What do you do to keep it out of his face?
https://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s313/Angelique_the_Mage/Dominic%20and%20Sebastian/IMG_7929_zpsd82f30f9.jpg

G sounds so lovely and loving! It is amazing to watch them grown into proper little persons isn't it? Dominic and Sebastian always ask me or command me to be happy! I really need to get the frown line on my forehead botoxed as I obviously look angry a lot! lol

Well this is all from me a the moment but will try and be better with answers from now on.
Hope you are ok and less stressed with the job etc. And as always wishing you and G great sleep ;)

xxx

ETA: How is G's fungal infection? Or was it not that afterall? Hope he doesn't suffer too much with it? Sebastian has eczema on his poor little bottom and it is really difficult to stop him from scratching it and making it worse!

missing you, too - kosh - please consider coming over to the dark side (of FB)....

Finn is in good spirits, not quite a big boy yet, but talks up a storm, etc.

wait, I was in Durham at the end of July - mea culpa, I should have contacted you via private message (hits head in annoyance), I even flew out of Newcastle to Dublin

oh, well..........glad that G recovered from chicken pox (I never had it, so am hoping that if F does get it, it won't affect me)

hugs and best wishes

missing you, too - kosh - please consider coming over to the dark side (of FB)....

Finn is in good spirits, not quite a big boy yet, but talks up a storm, etc.

wait, I was in Durham at the end of July - mea culpa, I should have contacted you via private message (hits head in annoyance), I even flew out of Newcastle to Dublin

oh, well..........glad that G recovered from chicken pox (I never had it, so am hoping that if F does get it, it won't affect me)

hugs and best wishes

nooooooooooo!! you were in Durham and you flew out of Newcastle....??!! :sad2:

Hey kosh, all good here, LJ is 6 months now and such an easy baby, she's started sitting up on her own the last few days and is just a delight

L is as nuts as ever, now toilet trained and was dry overnight too last night. She never shuts up and is incredibly hard work. Please come to Fb as we have loads of pictures of our LOs there.

We miss you xxx

Hi kosh!

As ever, we miss you! :cry: J is still J, just older. He talks up a storm, and we have no idea where he gets half of what he says from. He's full of energy and happiness, when he isn't throwing a tantrum over not being allowed to watch Mighty Machines.

Here is a recent picture of him. His hair is also getting long. I don't want to cut it because I love the curls, but comments are coming right left and centre from family... I think I'll wait until my mother comes in the fall to do it--she knows exactly what to tell the hair dresser to do.

14722028078_84d519dcf1.jpg

I haven't seen the picture of G, but he sounds lovely, and so kind. How is his Spanish and English coming along?

I'm sorry that work is still so tough. Not fair is putting it mildly, I suppose. I also remember just when our little group came together, because I remember J was 7 months, and he just passed two years and 7 months. I so wish you would join us!

With love,

Eva

Hi Kosh, lovely to hear from you and hear all about G. He sounds wonderful. A photo would be lovely when you get a moment.

Sophia is now 21 months and keeps me busy as she doesn't stop, like most toddlers I guess. But she's happy and chatty. We are taking a bit, recently 2 words...today it was black car, it was blue but hey :dohh:

Come to FB land, it would be so lovely to have you there, even if just occasionally.

Here's one of S about a month ago, I'm stalling on a hair cut but getting more pressure to do so, hair in eyes and refusal to wear hair clip, but I just love messy toddler hair!

image.jpg

Here's some pictures of Blakey as promised after his big park compliment :)

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to turn them right side up, they looked right side up on my computer?

Tried to post a few so you could see his curls...and one in his jammies so you could see his bedhead! Lol!

Also added a few selfies I took of us in our raccoon outfits together just before we went to the park last week (it was almost like autumn here last week!) The second one shows his curls from the side. I know you haven't seen many pics of me either :)

Hi kosh!

So happy to hear from you:)! First I want to say congratulations to your guys for the second place in the World Cup:)! At least you didn't loose 7 x 1:dohh:!!!
Anyways, thiago will be 2 1/2 years old sept. 1st. He is still momma's boy :kiss:. He is very smart and can read some words from a book and probably knows up to 100. He loves the microwave and the washer and dryer ( countdown). His language is still not there though:nope:. I only hope that he will be one of those kids that just start talking when he is 3 otherwise we will be looking for a speech therapist by then.

Here are a couple of pics of him:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1
Oh wow Blakey is adorable! His curls are to die for! Just beautiful! I loove his racoon tshirt! And you are a very pretty lady!

OMG all your LOs are sooooo big now!

clio/eva - I can't believe how tall and big J is!! how is he doing doing? still a chatter box?

kitty - I don't think I'd ever seen a pcture of B? my goodness, those curls!!

charlie - love sofia's hair too!

borboleta - thanks for the congratulations :winkwink: I actually felt really bad for brazil...
and thiago is gorgeous as always!
what is the issue with his speech? does he not have many words or you think he's not making enough progress?

storm - I'd love to see a picture of L too.

angel - please keep seb's long hair, it really suits him!

gael's infection turned out to be something called pityriasis rosea. it looks awful as google will show you. it's been over two weeks and there i sno sign of improvement :nope:
but apart from that he's fine in himself. he's done 3 wees on the potty and was extremely pleased with himself :thumbup::blush:
I didn't think he was ready to be potty trained so hadn't tried much, but a couple of days ago he asked for it, so we;ll see what happens
anyone else potty trained apart from L?
was it difficult storm?

he's grown soooo much in teh last couple of months. mainly his speech/comprehension. he's constantly asking 'why'? and when you ask him why he comes up with the best stories/excuses/explanations.

his spending more time with his dad, which is good. and I think is doing him good too. teh other day we were waiting in the waiting room, as you do, and there was a little girl 1-2 who suddenly started crying, so Gael asked me why. I said I don't know, do you know why? he said (in Spanish): 'the girl doesn't want mummy, wants daddy, but daddy is working'.......anyone familiar with the concept of 'transference'? :winkwink:

he's actually doing that quite a bit, which I find very interesting. the other day he told me that the 'monkey was scared of the red light' (one that we have in the hallway).

it's embarrassing but I do not have a recent picture of him in this computer promise I will come back to post!

hugs to all
xxx

I havent been on BnB since Jan. Cant believe it. Kosh - hope all is ok. Has G's sleep improved at all? Please come FB. Set up email address in psyeudoym if you need to. Xx

I havent been on BnB since Jan. Cant believe it. Kosh - hope all is ok. Has G's sleep improved at all? Please come FB. Set up email address in psyeudoym if you need to. Xx

leeze! :hi:
yes, Gael's sleep is much better. he still wakes up but nothing compare to what he used to, so we are slowly (very slowly) getting there :thumbup:

Gael yesterday :cloud9:

Attachments

• rasta.jpg
    rasta.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 10
Oh gosh what a cutie! And he looks like a cool dude in his little outfit :D Thank you for posting this :)

thanks angel, he's into Bob Marley these days :winkwink:

Kosh

I love love his jacket!!! And he soooo cute! His skin is flawless!!! He looks Argentinian to me and not Mexican.

Thiago says some words and comprehends everything we say in Portuguese and English, but sometimes I think he is just lazy! But again I am going to wait until he is 3 to see what kind of progress he has in the next 6 months since he just now turned 2 1/2.

hi all, I know no one is reading this thread anymore but I need a place to vent so I thought of coming here anyway.
why am I so f**ng depressed? I can't take it anymore :nope: I have a couple of good days a week and then I'm back to square one.
I'm crying at my desk at the moment :cry:

I still come and read!
I am so sorry you are feeling depressed! How long have you been feeling this way? Is there anyway this could be a form of PND? Or maybe a lack of vitamins? I read that lack of vit D can have all sorts of effects like that. Or is it still related to your new job?
I wish I could help. Sending you tons of :hugs:

oh, kosh - I am so sorry - please join us on fb - there is almost always somebody on the private group and we can give you loads of support...

please don't despair, we've all been there...

hugs,

P

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"