Any Over 40's Ladies TTC?

Hi Adele. I read on here that the doctors tests aren't as sensitive as some if the early tests you can buy like First Response. It may just be too early, I really hope so hun, I feel exactly the same, I think we all do, I wish we could all get our sticky beans. You still have no AF and sore nipples is a good sign! Just keep testing hunni, praying you get a bfp soon xxxxxxx

Hi Oasis,

Thanks very much. I just don't know what to think. Maybe it's the start of the menopause. Today i'm 6 days overdue and now i have to wait til sunday to test again. Don't think i'll last that long. I just want to know one way or the other. I used a First Response on Monday and obv that was neg and now the Gp's says the same so i'm thinking it probably is a big fat nothing and i'm just getting way too old. Am feeling so disheartened and thinking i'm just a stupid old woman. Get over it...... oh god rant over hahaha.

Thanks for replying anyway hun. It means a lot xxxx

Aw hunni I wish I could give you a hug:hugs: I know exactly how you feel I really do, it means so so much to me too I totally understand how you feel as I feel the same. Would your doctor consider a blood test? You would know then for sure, I know my gp's not very sympathetic but some are. At least with a blood test you'd know Xxxxxxxxxx

Aw hunni I wish I could give you a hug:hugs: I know exactly how you feel I really do, it means so so much to me too I totally understand how you feel as I feel the same. Would your doctor consider a blood test? You would know then for sure, I know my gp's not very sympathetic but some are. At least with a blood test you'd know Xxxxxxxxxx[/QUOTE

Thanks so much. Means a lot to know i'm not the only one out there trying to do this. Also, belated Happy Birthday!!!! Sorry I missed it :happydance:

No you're def not on your own hun, this place has really helped me cause people understand, and thank you I had a lovely day, my husband took me to the cinema, meal then a lovely hotel:) another year older now though! Lol. Not helped by my husband being 24 haha xxxxx

Hi ladies it has been a few months since I have posted as I decided to take a ttc break because it was just getting to hard.. I am 42 I have 3 children ... a 24, and 25 year old... after them my tubes got scarred and was told no more children NEVER used birth control 18 years later I got the surprise of my life a week after my grandson was born!! I had a perfect son , 6 months later i was pregnant but had spotting only on tp and kept telling dr something is wrong.... long story short I got pregnant and there was a pregnancy in each tube ( i am the 21st ever comfirmed of this happening) they took one tube and chemically removed the other pregnancy.... so now I am 42 with one tube that has some scar tissue....
I thought for sure I got pregnant this past Aug I went in to dr saw the midwife she told me that it wasn't my tube that would surprise her if I got pg it was my age! I was shocked i didn't realize that was more of the problem then 1 tube, so i figured I should just give up I mean what chance do I really have and I am killing myself each month with the 2ww...
So this month I knew I was ovulating cause if the egg white cm then for several days kept getting WET like i peed my pants it was crazy i have never had that before.. I looked it up and that is the BEST for making lil baby... so i figured give it my best shot ,, right after ov I got the sore boobs which i get every month for maybe a week it usually stops about 5 days before af.. well this month it stopped for 1 day then came back with a vengenance!!! my period is due earliest tomorrow and my bbs are so sore I was up all night for fear of having to roll over I can't take my bra off cause it is so bad i am almost screaming!! I have never ever had my boobs hurt like this when i get af sore bbs I can usual massage them and it actually helps maybe for only a few seconds but it is some relief this pain seems different cause the thought of touching them never mind massage has my scared! I have also had a few tugging sensations around my belly button but I brushed it off , my gums have bled a few times when i flossed and brushed and they NEVER do that, I have also had mild cramping for the past 2 ww of and on but it goes around my lower back now it is my lower middle area.... I took a hpt at 8dpo and it was neg i had no more tests but had 1 opk so i took that at 9 dpo and that was + which was weird.... but mostly I am confused about my bbs it is pure torture I can't take the bra off yet if I leave it on for the entire day by night it is bothering me!
So now I am terrified to take a hpt I can't take another - I have seen far to many and with most of my others I never got a + till after af was late... I jsut have convinced myself that I cannot get pregnant that this to me is really confusing me cause even my midwife thinks i am beyond hope.. anyone else haev this strange sore bbs with af hours away and it gets worse not better like normal?? I am so confused and could use some help!!......
oh and p.s. normally in my 2ww I am dry then a few days before af i get watery like cm, this month though for the entire 2ww i have had white lotion like cm on my underwear which NEVER happens... I know i can make symptoms appear but these are not imagination symptoms but are they pg symtoms ? with my other pregnancy's I never had sore bbs (well not that i remember) my oldest 2 I just knew... my now 6 year old I had no idea till i was well into my 2nd month and a co-worker told me that I was really late...!
sorry for spelling errors I don't have the patience to fix them! :) thanks ...

Adele1969
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member

Thanked others: 18
Currently Feeling:
7 days late. No sign of AF. Nipples not so sensitive this morning. Another bfn on test. Guess I have to face facts. Probably starting the menopause. :(

Hi Ghanagirl,

I've never had spotting at any time throughout my life so I can't really advise on this. I know nothing about it. Sorry I can't help xxx

Hi ladies it has been a few months since I have posted as I decided to take a ttc break because it was just getting to hard.. I am 42 I have 3 children ... a 24, and 25 year old... after them my tubes got scarred and was told no more children NEVER used birth control 18 years later I got the surprise of my life a week after my grandson was born!! I had a perfect son , 6 months later i was pregnant but had spotting only on tp and kept telling dr something is wrong.... long story short I got pregnant and there was a pregnancy in each tube ( i am the 21st ever comfirmed of this happening) they took one tube and chemically removed the other pregnancy.... so now I am 42 with one tube that has some scar tissue....
I thought for sure I got pregnant this past Aug I went in to dr saw the midwife she told me that it wasn't my tube that would surprise her if I got pg it was my age! I was shocked i didn't realize that was more of the problem then 1 tube, so i figured I should just give up I mean what chance do I really have and I am killing myself each month with the 2ww...
So this month I knew I was ovulating cause if the egg white cm then for several days kept getting WET like i peed my pants it was crazy i have never had that before.. I looked it up and that is the BEST for making lil baby... so i figured give it my best shot ,, right after ov I got the sore boobs which i get every month for maybe a week it usually stops about 5 days before af.. well this month it stopped for 1 day then came back with a vengenance!!! my period is due earliest tomorrow and my bbs are so sore I was up all night for fear of having to roll over I can't take my bra off cause it is so bad i am almost screaming!! I have never ever had my boobs hurt like this when i get af sore bbs I can usual massage them and it actually helps maybe for only a few seconds but it is some relief this pain seems different cause the thought of touching them never mind massage has my scared! I have also had a few tugging sensations around my belly button but I brushed it off , my gums have bled a few times when i flossed and brushed and they NEVER do that, I have also had mild cramping for the past 2 ww of and on but it goes around my lower back now it is my lower middle area.... I took a hpt at 8dpo and it was neg i had no more tests but had 1 opk so i took that at 9 dpo and that was + which was weird.... but mostly I am confused about my bbs it is pure torture I can't take the bra off yet if I leave it on for the entire day by night it is bothering me!
So now I am terrified to take a hpt I can't take another - I have seen far to many and with most of my others I never got a + till after af was late... I jsut have convinced myself that I cannot get pregnant that this to me is really confusing me cause even my midwife thinks i am beyond hope.. anyone else haev this strange sore bbs with af hours away and it gets worse not better like normal?? I am so confused and could use some help!!......
oh and p.s. normally in my 2ww I am dry then a few days before af i get watery like cm, this month though for the entire 2ww i have had white lotion like cm on my underwear which NEVER happens... I know i can make symptoms appear but these are not imagination symptoms but are they pg symtoms ? with my other pregnancy's I never had sore bbs (well not that i remember) my oldest 2 I just knew... my now 6 year old I had no idea till i was well into my 2nd month and a co-worker told me that I was really late...!
sorry for spelling errors I don't have the patience to fix them! :) thanks ...

Hi Kismet,

I'd just do another test if I was you. Where's the harm in it? Sore boobs is a common sign of pregnancy and it sounds as if you might be. Keeping my fingers crossed for you honey xxxx :winkwink:

So AF is 9 days late now. Did number 4 hpt this morning and it too is bfn. Am I too young to be starting the menopause. Everything I google says 51 is the average age. I'm only 43 for fuck sake. I think I may be losing it totally here. Just want to cry but if I start I may not stop :(

Oh hunni I'm so sorry you still have no answer, I know its so confusing you just want to know, you do seem young for menopause, have you any symptoms? If you haven't that's good. Maybe your just having a longer cycle this month? Wish I had the answer for you:( xxxxxxxxx

Oasis717,

Thank you so much for your messages of support!! AF finally arrived last night at 37 days. That's definately a first for me. Disappointment at not being pregnant but huge relief that I can now go forward and try again.

There is a blood test that can be done to test for peri menopause so I think I may get that done and see where I stand.

Don't really want to spend all day every day in here. I find it stresses me out to a certain degree although the support from everyone is fantastic. I will check in from time to time to see how you are all doing. I wish only the best for you all and hope you get your bfp's.

Baby dust to all xxxxx

Aw hunni I'm glad you got some closure this month but sorry it wasn't the news you hoped for, I know how that feels, stay in touch, here for you anytime, lots luv xxxx

So AF is 9 days late now. Did number 4 hpt this morning and it too is bfn. Am I too young to be starting the menopause. Everything I google says 51 is the average age. I'm only 43 for fuck sake. I think I may be losing it totally here. Just want to cry but if I start I may not stop :(

Hi,

I have not posted in here in a looooooong time, i mostly just lurk, but i wanted to post and tell you your not alone, i have NEVER missed a cycle since i was 13 unless i was either pg or on Depo, and now here i am and AF has been missing for two cycles now, my last AF was Oct 9th. I am only 45 myself, and i think its strange, i mean i got pg on my own in March, we unfortunatly lost it (That was our 6th loss) but still i keep thinking did someone flip a switch. Strange thing is if i did not have negative tests i would think i was pg, i have tons of CM all the time, lots of gas, and a ton of energy, which for some reason i have had every time i was pg. I go saturday to my OB, and we will see what happens. I just wanted to say though dont get too down, from what i understand its totaly normal to miss a cycle here or there, i have to say its not normal for me since i never missed one lol, but i guess it can happen. I just wanted to send you some hugs, and tell you to just relax, i am sure she will show up with your next cycle, or better yet she wont show up and you will have a bfp!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->