Any "plus-size", bigger gals TTC their first? :)

Yeh i have been having twinges on my right side and i must admit ive never really paid attention to my body and signs but like i said, i decided to try and forget about everything this month and i ended up noticing the strong constant twinges in my right side and really tender breasts and now with the one day spotting i think ive finally sussed out what im looking for. i guess i gave my self time to stop obsessing over getting pregnant and it really made me focus and get clued up, me and fella are really loved up at the moment after 3 years together we are enjoying each other, if im honest i completely forgot about babies, pregnancy, cervical positioning lol i just stopped thinking and i have enjoyed not having so much preassure.
Its still in the back of my mind but not as obsessive as i have been so im gonna chill out a bit more. Im here anytime you need a chat, im going to add you to my list i hope you dont mind, at least if nothing else we can rant and rave to each other :) always makes ya feel better :)

Ps im really really new to all the ttc lingo so you might have to simplify things for me a little :)

I am new too! I don't mind but what does it mean to add me to your list? I'm so used to facebook, lol. Im here to chat anytime also!
Enjoy the relaxing with your guy!

I am new too! I don't mind but what does it mean to add me to your list? I'm so used to facebook, lol. Im here to chat anytime also!
Enjoy the relaxing with your guy!

i clicked on your name and i clicked add to contacts, that way i can chat with you and see how things are going with you :)

Just jumping in to say Hi. I'm 265 and 31 yo, and TTC for #1.
I have symptoms of PCOS, but I haven't been diagnosed with anything. At this stage, I was on BCP for 11 years, so the doctor won't do anything until I go at least 6 months without getting pregnant, so we're still having fun trying, and waiting! :)

Brandy

Some of you ladies have been talking about watching other plus size women get pregnant with no problem. I totally feel your pain! My sister, although smaller than me, is still over 200 lbs. Her forst baby was an oopsie baby and now she is pregnant again and due in March. She got pregnant on the first try! Hubby and I were talking about trying for a baby before they were, but we were waiting because I'm in school. My sis and I had been talking about how fun it would be to go through pregnancy together and here she is almost done and I'm still not pregnant. It will be my time eventually, but it's hard not to feel down in this type of situation. I'm really excited for her, but why can't it be me?

Hi, I'm Jo. I'm a plus size girl too. Over 200lbs and we've been TTC for 4 years. I've been away from the boards for a while as it all just got a bit much but now I'm back as I've realised we're in it for the long haul. We've spoken about IVF to the docs and to get any assistance I have to lose weight, so that's not something that's going to happen quickly.

There are so many things I worry about that I doubt more average sized women worry about so it's good to know there are others out there like me!

Hi Jo, hope u don't mind me jumping in, I'm Jo too and am in exactly the same Boat as you, me and my OH have been ttc #1 for over 5 years now, and not even a hint of a BFP, we have had tests and everything came back fine we were juat told it was unexplained fertility :growlmad:
We cannot go any further or even on the IVF waiting list because I am overweight @ 190 lbs !!!
I feel so let down and alone, I don't consider myself obese as they phrase it, I wear a size 14/16 clothes, I eat a healthy diet and I go to Zumba classes 3 times a week ..... but I do have an under active thyroid. I know this isn't an excuse but having read up on this lots of times I'm wondering if this is a contributing factor to my infertility, is anyone else in the same boat ???

Lots of luck to all of us xxxxx :flower::thumbup:

I can commiserate with you girls. I am 34 and I wear a size 18. Some of this weight is due to the fact that I have lipedema, which is largely untreatable. It also is virtually impossible to lose lipedemic fat...the doctor told me I could be anorexic and that fat would remain. I am also old to be TTC #1. I know the statistics are stacked against me...which is evident after 9 months TTC without any success. I am getting quite down about it and frustrated too. It does help to know there are others out there and I hope that at least some of us (if not all) will find success eventually.

Hi guys.

I am so glad i have found this thread. Im quite a large girl. Um bout 165cm tall and approx 116 kilos sorry dot know stone and feet measurements lol. We are WTT/NTNP and TTC # 1. Only because i have PCOS and have had some hard times coming to terms with the fact that i nearly never get AF. Im on CD 50 somethin i have honestly given up counting. Our friends have just announced to us that they are pregnant and while im extremely happy for them i have a little bit of the green eyed monster coming out.. I have tried to loose weight and want to start metformin but am worried about the side affects. Is anyone else on it? My doctor had said basically nothing can be done until i loose 15 kilos...

So yeah guess hi guys and baby dust to all

Xxoo

Hello Ladies!

I too am a Big Beautiful Lady! I'm 280, this time last year I was well over 300. I wear a size 22 and I'm 5'6". I also have PCOS and take 500MG Metformin twice a day. Right now DH and I are on a break from TTC because of my recent back surgery (huge family history of weak backs, but not being heavy for the most part. Go figure! LOL).

It is such a challenge TTC while being heavy. Most women, unless they have been there, don't understand. I actually saw a gyno once that told me I was SELFISH for even considering getting pregnant while being heavy. Like it's a choice to be heavy. Before my back got bad with the pain and before the surgery I was hitting the gym at least 3 times a week, 45 min each time dedicated to the elliptical machine and was eating less than 30 carbs a day and after 6 months had only lost 20 pounds.

Some people are just meant to be heavy in my opinion. It does not make me selfish or a future bad mother because I happen to be heavy and want a family. Just makes it a bigger challenge is all.

Both of my SILs are heavy and have 5 kids between them and I knew one lady that was 5'2" and close to 400 pounds and had 2 beautiful boys with no complications. Both times being by complete accident.

Hang in there Ladies! We will get our BFP's one day soon and it'll be a plus-sized amount of spectacular when it does! :)

Hello to the ladies who just joined the thread. I can't believe some of the things i am reading. I think that any practioner who would talk down to you should not be practicing medicine. Although they know the medical side of things, they have no idea what we go through. Some probably think we sit around and eat twinkies all day. Losing weight is easier said than done, as we all know! We just have to support eachother! Lots of Baby Dust for all and someday soon BFP!!!

Hi, I'm Jo. I'm a plus size girl too. Over 200lbs and we've been TTC for 4 years. I've been away from the boards for a while as it all just got a bit much but now I'm back as I've realised we're in it for the long haul. We've spoken about IVF to the docs and to get any assistance I have to lose weight, so that's not something that's going to happen quickly.

There are so many things I worry about that I doubt more average sized women worry about so it's good to know there are others out there like me!

Hi Jo, hope u don't mind me jumping in, I'm Jo too and am in exactly the same Boat as you, me and my OH have been ttc #1 for over 5 years now, and not even a hint of a BFP, we have had tests and everything came back fine we were juat told it was unexplained fertility :growlmad:
We cannot go any further or even on the IVF waiting list because I am overweight @ 190 lbs !!!
I feel so let down and alone, I don't consider myself obese as they phrase it, I wear a size 14/16 clothes, I eat a healthy diet and I go to Zumba classes 3 times a week ..... but I do have an under active thyroid. I know this isn't an excuse but having read up on this lots of times I'm wondering if this is a contributing factor to my infertility, is anyone else in the same boat ???

Lots of luck to all of us xxxxx :flower::thumbup:

Hiya. It's nice to find someone going through exactly the same thing. I feel like they've said "there's nothing wrong, we don't know why so goodbye, go and loose weight and come back to us"
We're like, thanks for that, now we're on our own! And not getting any younger!

So depressing:sad1:

I'm not sure about the thyroid thing, I have heard something before about it possibly affecting it but I'm no doc. Can they give you anything to make it more active?

Hello Ladies!

I too am a Big Beautiful Lady! I'm 280, this time last year I was well over 300. I wear a size 22 and I'm 5'6". I also have PCOS and take 500MG Metformin twice a day. Right now DH and I are on a break from TTC because of my recent back surgery (huge family history of weak backs, but not being heavy for the most part. Go figure! LOL).

It is such a challenge TTC while being heavy. Most women, unless they have been there, don't understand. I actually saw a gyno once that told me I was SELFISH for even considering getting pregnant while being heavy. Like it's a choice to be heavy. Before my back got bad with the pain and before the surgery I was hitting the gym at least 3 times a week, 45 min each time dedicated to the elliptical machine and was eating less than 30 carbs a day and after 6 months had only lost 20 pounds.

Some people are just meant to be heavy in my opinion. It does not make me selfish or a future bad mother because I happen to be heavy and want a family. Just makes it a bigger challenge is all.

Both of my SILs are heavy and have 5 kids between them and I knew one lady that was 5'2" and close to 400 pounds and had 2 beautiful boys with no complications. Both times being by complete accident.

Hang in there Ladies! We will get our BFP's one day soon and it'll be a plus-sized amount of spectacular when it does! :)

I too promise myself to get BFP this year...
so.. We will get our BFP's one day soon and it'll be a plus-sized amount of spectacular when it does!

Hey Jo Bean, I currently take 150mg of Thyroxine every day and will do for the rest of my life, whilst this regulates things it hasn't miraculously cured me
or made me fertile:nope: and it certainly doesn't make me thin, Im following slimming world and have lost 8lbs in about 5 weeks which is good but very slow
I want miracles and I want to lose it all now !!!!!
How's things for you are you following any diet plans ???
I am doing the BBT thing for the first time this cycle and am
Currently in the TWW so I'm very nervous/excited :happydance:
Lots of luck and baby dust to everyone as always xxxx

I can commiserate with you girls. I am 34 and I wear a size 18. Some of this weight is due to the fact that I have lipedema, which is largely untreatable. It also is virtually impossible to lose lipedemic fat...the doctor told me I could be anorexic and that fat would remain. I am also old to be TTC #1. I know the statistics are stacked against me...which is evident after 9 months TTC without any success. I am getting quite down about it and frustrated too. It does help to know there are others out there and I hope that at least some of us (if not all) will find success eventually.

Hang on in there Sombra, your deffo not on ur own on this thread, I think from reading other posts we're all feeling pretty frustrated and down, all we can do us be here for each other with any help and advice we can give and send lots of PMA to each other and wish each other lots of luck xxxx

Hello Ladies!

Some people are just meant to be heavy in my opinion. It does not make me selfish or a future bad mother because I happen to be heavy and want a family. Just makes it a bigger

Hang in there Ladies! We will get our BFP's one day soon and it'll be a plus-sized amount of spectacular when it does! :)[/QUOTE

Mandapanda27 - I completely agree with this quote I have been lighter than I currently am and sometimes for my build I just think I would not look right if I lost too much weight I'm not meant to be light I'm a naturally curvy person
"Some people are just meant to be heavy in my opinion. It does not make me selfish or a future bad mother because I happen to be heavy and want a family. Just makes it a bigger challenge is all. "
:happydance::thumbup:Love and luck to all xxxx

Hey Jo Bean, I currently take 150mg of Thyroxine every day and will do for the rest of my life, whilst this regulates things it hasn't miraculously cured me
or made me fertile:nope: and it certainly doesn't make me thin, Im following slimming world and have lost 8lbs in about 5 weeks which is good but very slow
I want miracles and I want to lose it all now !!!!!
How's things for you are you following any diet plans ???
I am doing the BBT thing for the first time this cycle and am
Currently in the TWW so I'm very nervous/excited :happydance:
Lots of luck and baby dust to everyone as always xxxx

Hiya.
Slow is technically better though - it's more likely to stay off that way. Plus we have to get in the mindset of just changing our eating habits, not dieting - so if we lose weight, then it's a bonus, but the aim is to fill ourselves with lovely clean, green healthy food and make our bodies nice and clean and healthy for potential sticky beans :)

I am doing slimming world too. I did it a year or so ago and lost 2.5 stone. Then put it all back on! This time I've lost 8lb in 5 weeks too. 8.5lb in 3 weeks then had 2 bad weeks, well in fact, it's weigh in tonight so I am assuming that this week wasn't good as I was convinced I had early symptoms last week and ate some rubbish! Lots of rubbish!

I am currently late with no sign of AF but a pile of about 20 :bfn: s
It's not the first time though lol!

Good luck to you!! the TWW is hell on earth - I am working on a time travel device for all of us ladies where we can transport ourselves through the TWW just to know the outcome, then back again - as if we knew we weren't then we could go out on a nice drinking binge to pass the time and if we knew that we were, we could start shopping and preparing and detoxing and all the lovely things we say we will do if we get that :bfp:

LOL!

Hi :) I'm 18 years old, diagnosed with mild PCOS, 170lbs and 5ft tall. I'm currently on a diet (slimfast) AND TTC#1, will stop dieting as soon as I get that BFP, just start to eat a little healthier!

Anyone else been told they have mild PCOS and can give me any insight to how long you've been TTC? xx

I am just hoping to ovulate this month. I am on 1500mg of Metformin now and I've been going to the gym three times a week and trying to drink more water. It's the small things right now. I'm also trying to be positive which is the hardest thing to be right now.

I feel like it is utterly hopeless. Nothing seems to be working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->