any plus size mummies to be?

aww no that must have been horrid hun im glad your feeling a bit better!!

omg i cant believe people were mean about your age!! for goodness sake i am getting so sick of some people lately... why on earth they think its ok to slag someone off is beyond me! i want to slap them all. seen a few on this forum lately who think its ok to be horrible! xx

HI!!! I'm a little early (I took a sneak peek at the second trimester board) but I will (hopefully) be "in this crowd" in the next few weeks! :D

I am also "fluffy". A bit fluffier than some of you... I dunno what my BMI is but I'm 319 pounds right now. At my worst I was 365 and over the last 5 years or so I was able to get down to where I am now. Back in May, I had started doing weight watchers and doing weight training and had taken off about 20 pounds when oops, I missed my period! :D We had been TTC for quite a number of years so, I wasn't really expecting to get pregnant quite this soon after starting weight watchers.

I've had two ultra sounds so far and I am due for my 12 NT scan I guess in the next week or so. After reading your stories about evil technicians it made me a little nervous. :) I have had 2 ultra sounds so far and one really awesome one today where I got a beautiful 3d picture: https://www.cputrwz.com/images/Baby3d.jpg

So, I'm hoping I'll be ok when they do my scan. The tech today did vaginal pictures as well as on the tummy pictures and didn't seem to have any issues. She did push kinda hard a few times but nothing that was painful. The funny thing was that one time she pushed and the baby actually jumped and we saw it on the monitor, like we had scared it. :D

Hopefully you don't mind me joining your thread a tad early. :D I'm jealous of your bumps ... right now I just look and feel really fat. I'm at the smallest weight I've been in many years but I just feel so huge. I don't have an official bump yet but my upper stomach is getting pushed up from my uterus expanding, so my upper tummy is sticking out and it makes me look really bizarre.

My only worry is getting pre-eclampsia as I already have high blood pressure (controlled with meds) and they found protein in my urine ...but my OB nurse didn't seem to be concerned about it at all.

Anyhoo, I enjoyed reading a lot of your stories and hope to share with you guys going forward. :)

HI!!! I'm a little early (I took a sneak peek at the second trimester board) but I will (hopefully) be "in this crowd" in the next few weeks! :D

I am also "fluffy". A bit fluffier than some of you... I dunno what my BMI is but I'm 319 pounds right now. At my worst I was 365 and over the last 5 years or so I was able to get down to where I am now. Back in May, I had started doing weight watchers and doing weight training and had taken off about 20 pounds when oops, I missed my period! :D We had been TTC for quite a number of years so, I wasn't really expecting to get pregnant quite this soon after starting weight watchers.

I've had two ultra sounds so far and I am due for my 12 NT scan I guess in the next week or so. After reading your stories about evil technicians it made me a little nervous. :) I have had 2 ultra sounds so far and one really awesome one today where I got a beautiful 3d picture:

Hopefully you don't mind me joining your thread a tad early. :D I'm jealous of your bumps ... right now I just look and feel really fat. I'm at the smallest weight I've been in many years but I just feel so huge. I don't have an official bump yet but my upper stomach is getting pushed up from my uterus expanding, so my upper tummy is sticking out and it makes me look really bizarre.

My only worry is getting pre-eclampsia as I already have high blood pressure (controlled with meds) and they found protein in my urine ...but my OB nurse didn't seem to be concerned about it at all.

Anyhoo, I enjoyed reading a lot of your stories and hope to share with you guys going forward. :)

Congrats and Welcome Amythyst!

ADORABLE ultrasound pic!!

I don't show at all yet, but I have the same upper stomach sticking out thing. I look pretty weird - or weirder than usual I should say. :winkwink:

Jane I can't believe people on this forum have been rude about your age, how awful for you :(

Welcome amethyst and congratulations :) That picture is awesome!!

Jane I can't believe people on this forum have been rude about your age, how awful for you :(

Welcome amethyst and congratulations :) That picture is awesome!!

I agree! Jane some people are so moronic they have nothing better to say than insults...and of all the things to pick on! Your age!? :growlmad:

Amethyst what a great scan of bubs! Congratulations on your pregnancy, and welcome to our thread! :) I hope you continue to get great ultrasound techs :thumbup:
Here is an image of our baby's face from our last ultrasound (bubs eyes are closed, its a bit blurry but I love it!!!)

Attachments

• 20weeks 1003.jpg
    20weeks 1003.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20weeks1004.jpg
    20weeks1004.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 9

I've had two ultra sounds so far and I am due for my 12 NT scan I guess in the next week or so. After reading your stories about evil technicians it made me a little nervous. :) I have had 2 ultra sounds so far and one really awesome one today where I got a beautiful 3d picture:

Congrats and Welcome Amythyst!

ADORABLE ultrasound pic!!

I don't show at all yet, but I have the same upper stomach sticking out thing. I look pretty weird - or weirder than usual I should say. :winkwink:

I have the weird upper stomach thing too, mainly because it's a pain to shift from having my DS but I still love him and he's worth every bit of it.

I think they always find something about us to have snide little comments about, it's annoying after a while :growlmad:
But, I find it weird, if our weight is such an "issue" how come we have some pretty amazingly clear ultrasound pictures between us?

Congratulations and welcome Amythyst, that ultrasound picture is so cute ^.^

MollyNorwood: Awww! How cute are those pictures? :3

welcome Amythyst!! That scan picture is just amazing! I hope they manage to keep your bp under control hun. :hugs:

Molly your also are amazing.

urgh now i really hate the woman who did mine! seeing your pics just proves she couldn be bothered! xx

welcome Amythyst!! That scan picture is just amazing! I hope they manage to keep your bp under control hun. :hugs:

Molly your also are amazing.

urgh now i really hate the woman who did mine! seeing your pics just proves she couldn be bothered! xx

Sounds a lot like the one who did the ones with DS, blaming my weight for the problem.
Funny thing is, I'm slightly bigger now than what I was when I was expecting my DS, and the sonographer had no problems getting pictures.

Seems like a lot of them don't want to bother because of our body weight :growlmad:

Hi ladies, I had an absolutely horrific day yesterday I woke up to find I was bleeding I was horrified spoke to my mw who referred me to the hospital...everything has turned out ok my cervix is closed and heard babies heartbeat on a Doppler which was amazing even more so under the circumstances... turns out I have a really bad infection and my deltaparin injections just made the bleed worse... so on a course of antibiotics and praying for no more scares like that again. Really looking forward to feeling my little tink so that at least if anything does happen again il be able to feel baby moving. Now im on bedrest for a few days so going to enjoy chilling out and trying to relax x

Hi ladies, I had an absolutely horrific day yesterday I woke up to find I was bleeding I was horrified spoke to my mw who referred me to the hospital...everything has turned out ok my cervix is closed and heard babies heartbeat on a Doppler which was amazing even more so under the circumstances... turns out I have a really bad infection and my deltaparin injections just made the bleed worse... so on a course of antibiotics and praying for no more scares like that again. Really looking forward to feeling my little tink so that at least if anything does happen again il be able to feel baby moving. Now im on bedrest for a few days so going to enjoy chilling out and trying to relax x

I had bleeding with this current LO, it's really scary :(
By the time I got the the hospital, the EPAU was shut so I got sent home with an appointment, spent a while night hardly sleeping, being worried to an extreme extent and my DH, bless him, he was getting it all.
Had a scan, LO was fine, turns out I have a low lying placenta (which remained undiscovered) until my 20 week scan.

I know what you went through.

Glad everything is okay for you though :)

How terrifying! I'm glad you and baby are ok. It's good they caught your infection and are treating it.

Take it easy!:hugs:

oh my gosh hun so sorry you had this scare. I am glad you and baby are ok :hugs: xx

Eek!
Im so sorry! I would of had a mini stroke if that was me. Im so glad they caught it and baby was fine. Everything becomes so scary when youre pregnant.

I was almost hit by a car while walking to work myself as I was halfway through a cross walk because some guy decided I wasnt walking fast enough. -_-

That must have been terrifying Emily. I had a lot of bleeding at the beginning with this baby too and I remember that feeling when I first saw the blood so big hugs xx Glad everything is fine with baby and I hope the antibiotics get to work quickly xx

I was almost hit by a car while walking to work myself as I was halfway through a cross walk because some guy decided I wasnt walking fast enough. -_-

What a moron!! Hope you are ok xx

Yes, im ok. SO is a little mad at me. He used to worry when I went on walks before I was pregnant and now more or less forbids it due to our lovely lack of sidewalks and a**hat drivers.

Personally I was furious at the man. If I hadnt been pregnant or on my way to work I would of turned around and keyed his car. But I just looked over and kept going at the same pace I was going at.

Hi ladies, I hope nobody minds me sneaking in a few days early. Everyone in the March due dates thread is great, but it's nice to have a more focused group that's likely to face the same things I will. I'm pregnant with my first :) I managed to lose about 40lbs before getting pregnant, but of course now that's on hold. I'm about 60lbs over my ideal weight still.

Everyone has been nice so far. The midwife mentioned my weight at my first appointment and we discussed weight gain goals, but she wasn't a jerk about it. I'll be cycling through four midwives and I don't even know how many ultrasound techs, so I hope the trend continues. Even my mother hasn't said anything about my weight, which is some kind of miracle ;)

Right now, I'm just trying to keep healthy and stick as well as I can to the weight gain suggestions for my weight. I'm a pound or two over where I should be, but that's all from the first few weeks and things have leveled off now, so I'm not stressing about it.

Hi ladies, I hope nobody minds me sneaking in a few days early. Everyone in the March due dates thread is great, but it's nice to have a more focused group that's likely to face the same things I will. I'm pregnant with my first :) I managed to lose about 40lbs before getting pregnant, but of course now that's on hold. I'm about 60lbs over my ideal weight still.

Everyone has been nice so far. The midwife mentioned my weight at my first appointment and we discussed weight gain goals, but she wasn't a jerk about it. I'll be cycling through four midwives and I don't even know how many ultrasound techs, so I hope the trend continues. Even my mother hasn't said anything about my weight, which is some kind of miracle ;)

Right now, I'm just trying to keep healthy and stick as well as I can to the weight gain suggestions for my weight. I'm a pound or two over where I should be, but that's all from the first few weeks and things have leveled off now, so I'm not stressing about it.

Welcome and Congrats! You'll love this group - SUPER supportive! Glad people are being nice to you, especially your mom!

Welcome! I sneaked in a bit early too from the March due outs. ;) I can't figure it out... I actually lost 2 pounds as of this morning. I am eating all through the day and most of the time we're going out to dinner, so I know I'm eating a good amount calorically. I guess I can't complain... I'm in the same boat and had been trying to lose weight before getting pregnant but had to put it on hold. :)

Welcome! I sneaked in a bit early too from the March due outs. ;) I can't figure it out... I actually lost 2 pounds as of this morning. I am eating all through the day and most of the time we're going out to dinner, so I know I'm eating a good amount calorically. I guess I can't complain... I'm in the same boat and had been trying to lose weight before getting pregnant but had to put it on hold. :)

Hey ladies, of course we don't mind you two joining a little early :D

We're all here for you to talk too ^.^

Urgh, I'm sure LO enjoys kicking and punching, my stomach hurts a lot. She's powerful when he punches/kicks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->