any plus size mummies to be?

I was almost hit by a car while walking to work myself as I was halfway through a cross walk because some guy decided I wasnt walking fast enough. -_-

What a moron!! Hope you are ok xx

Yes, im ok. SO is a little mad at me. He used to worry when I went on walks before I was pregnant and now more or less forbids it due to our lovely lack of sidewalks and a**hat drivers.

Personally I was furious at the man. If I hadnt been pregnant or on my way to work I would of turned around and keyed his car. But I just looked over and kept going at the same pace I was going at.

oh my gosh what an idiot. we were almost hit a couple weeks back because someone reversed without looking behind them in a car park. He was so so close to hitting one of the boys.

Hi ladies, I hope nobody minds me sneaking in a few days early. Everyone in the March due dates thread is great, but it's nice to have a more focused group that's likely to face the same things I will. I'm pregnant with my first :) I managed to lose about 40lbs before getting pregnant, but of course now that's on hold. I'm about 60lbs over my ideal weight still.

Everyone has been nice so far. The midwife mentioned my weight at my first appointment and we discussed weight gain goals, but she wasn't a jerk about it. I'll be cycling through four midwives and I don't even know how many ultrasound techs, so I hope the trend continues. Even my mother hasn't said anything about my weight, which is some kind of miracle ;)

Right now, I'm just trying to keep healthy and stick as well as I can to the weight gain suggestions for my weight. I'm a pound or two over where I should be, but that's all from the first few weeks and things have leveled off now, so I'm not stressing about it.

glad everyone is being nice to you hun! congratulations on your pregnancy :D Thats fab your mum hasnt said anything.. my mum makes it her duty to tell me every time we see each other that i cant afford to gain any more weight :dohh: gee thanks mum lol

Welcome! I sneaked in a bit early too from the March due outs. ;) I can't figure it out... I actually lost 2 pounds as of this morning. I am eating all through the day and most of the time we're going out to dinner, so I know I'm eating a good amount calorically. I guess I can't complain... I'm in the same boat and had been trying to lose weight before getting pregnant but had to put it on hold. :)

hey hun! congratulations on your pregnancy! and congratulations on your 2lb loss :D I love seeing the scale go down. not too keen on seeing it go up though :haha:

Welcome! I sneaked in a bit early too from the March due outs. ;) I can't figure it out... I actually lost 2 pounds as of this morning. I am eating all through the day and most of the time we're going out to dinner, so I know I'm eating a good amount calorically. I guess I can't complain... I'm in the same boat and had been trying to lose weight before getting pregnant but had to put it on hold. :)

Hi ladies, I hope nobody minds me sneaking in a few days early. Everyone in the March due dates thread is great, but it's nice to have a more focused group that's likely to face the same things I will. I'm pregnant with my first :) I managed to lose about 40lbs before getting pregnant, but of course now that's on hold. I'm about 60lbs over my ideal weight still.

Everyone has been nice so far. The midwife mentioned my weight at my first appointment and we discussed weight gain goals, but she wasn't a jerk about it. I'll be cycling through four midwives and I don't even know how many ultrasound techs, so I hope the trend continues. Even my mother hasn't said anything about my weight, which is some kind of miracle ;)

Right now, I'm just trying to keep healthy and stick as well as I can to the weight gain suggestions for my weight. I'm a pound or two over where I should be, but that's all from the first few weeks and things have leveled off now, so I'm not stressing about it.

Hey ladies, of course we don't mind you two joining a little early :D

We're all here for you to talk too ^.^

Urgh, I'm sure LO enjoys kicking and punching, my stomach hurts a lot. She's powerful when he punches/kicks

eek glad im not the only one! This bubbs seems to LOVE kicking my bladder or cervix... it hurts like hell. Either that or he catches a nerve... that makes dh laugh because whichever body art flies up and i shout out haha last night it was my arm :haha:

As of yesterday I'd gained another lb.. which i guess isnt bad after a few weeks of staying the same. Still feel gutted though :haha:

Glad I'm not alone haha.

She just helps herself to which ever part she wants; hips, ribs, you name it, she kicked or punched it.
Even worse when I'm falling asleep, poor DH, was cuddling me the other day and his hand got kicked out the way :haha:

It was :lol:

It was the first time we've felt her really kick, amazing but funny at the same time.

I cant wait to get to that point as it would mean the boys will be able to feel it too :) ds1 is always asking what baby is upto lol x

It'll be here sooner than you think, I can't believe I have 1 more week until V-Day :happydance:

DS, has felt her move a few times and does nothing but smile and say "Baby move".
Warms mine and DH's hearts up.

awww thats so darn cute <3 i dont think my youngest knows whats going on although he does keep chucking my doppler at me or he puts it on my tummy or his tummy.

ooo yey what a fab milestone to reach! <3

I'm excited, means I can calm down a bit more than I am know, especially with the way it's been for this trimester so far.

He's super excited, every time we go shopping, he always wants to pick something up for her :D

sounds like someone is going to be a doting big brother. ds1 is like that this time round :) he wants to pick things for baby. once iv had gender confirmed at my anomoly scan we will start clothes shopping properly and let him pick clothes out x

It's great fun.
Me and DH agreed he could pick her first out fit for her to wear once she's born before we introduce her to everyone.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies :) All these excited older siblings sound so cute!

Hi ladies! I decided to cruise the 2nd tri boards tonight since tomorrow I am officially 2nd tri. I see my fellow March-mallow MrsK is here too. I have to agree with her, it's nice to find ladies in similar situations.

Question. I was planning to do a private gender scan at 16w5d to make sure hubby and my mom could be there. The private scan place says they see women as early as 16 weeks so I figured I was good. Plus placenta is in an excellent position for pictures from what the sonographers have said. At my last scan, had their been much to show we would have easily known boy or girl as the sonographer got a great between the legs shot. So my question is, do you think because I am overweight they will have trouble getting good pics? It's only 2D at the private scan place until you are past 25 weeks. I am 6 foot tall and have lost 20lbs this pregnancy. I am down to 305. I have been able to find baby with my doppler for a week now.

I have no clue when my OBGYN will schedule my gender scan. My next appointment is at 16w2d and I am sure we'll discuss it then.

I am very paranoid about my fatty belly so it would be mortifying to be judged by the sonographer. My RE and OBGYN as well as their nursing staff and sonographer have never made me feel bad but I have read the horror stories of the judgmental medical professionals of plus size pregnant women. I have actually lost 20lbs by getting my blood sugar/A1C under control since finding out I was diabetic shortly before finding out I was pregnant. I don't eat garbage now and have lost weight pretty steadily. (Never had much morning sickness, so my appetite has always been good)

Do you ladies think it will be okay to stick with a 16w5d scan or a waste of money?

All the private scan places here will let you come back for free if they can't figure out the sex. Maybe your place is the same? This is my first baby, so I have no experience with scan quality to offer.

Hi ladies! I decided to cruise the 2nd tri boards tonight since tomorrow I am officially 2nd tri. I see my fellow March-mallow MrsK is here too. I have to agree with her, it's nice to find ladies in similar situations.

Question. I was planning to do a private gender scan at 16w5d to make sure hubby and my mom could be there. The private scan place says they see women as early as 16 weeks so I figured I was good. Plus placenta is in an excellent position for pictures from what the sonographers have said. At my last scan, had their been much to show we would have easily known boy or girl as the sonographer got a great between the legs shot. So my question is, do you think because I am overweight they will have trouble getting good pics? It's only 2D at the private scan place until you are past 25 weeks. I am 6 foot tall and have lost 20lbs this pregnancy. I am down to 305. I have been able to find baby with my doppler for a week now.

I have no clue when my OBGYN will schedule my gender scan. My next appointment is at 16w2d and I am sure we'll discuss it then.

I am very paranoid about my fatty belly so it would be mortifying to be judged by the sonographer. My RE and OBGYN as well as their nursing staff and sonographer have never made me feel bad but I have read the horror stories of the judgmental medical professionals of plus size pregnant women. I have actually lost 20lbs by getting my blood sugar/A1C under control since finding out I was diabetic shortly before finding out I was pregnant. I don't eat garbage now and have lost weight pretty steadily. (Never had much morning sickness, so my appetite has always been good)

Do you ladies think it will be okay to stick with a 16w5d scan or a waste of money?

My gender scan was at 20 weeks and I was terrified that they would have a hard time seeing through all my extra fluff but first thing the tech seen was little boy bits! She wasnt even trying, lol.

So relax. The only way theyll have any issue is if baby keeps their legs crossed. :)

Elphabaa I was 16+3 when we had our private gender scan with dd and had no problems getting the right shot. There was NO mistaking her gender :) x

Agreed with PP, they had no problems seeing her bits at 20+2 weeks so I doubt they'll have a hard time at 16+ weeks.

I found that they have an easier time most of the time finding out the gender with us ladies that have a bit more padding than those who don't.
So, all is good :)

Elphabaa77 - If its a good sonogropher you should be fine hun. I had the opposite.. mine couldnt be bothered.. she told us its a boy BUT we have to have it checked at our anomoly scan as she couldnt be 100% sure as she didnt put any effort into looking properly. xx

Thanks for the responses ladies! I just got a little nervous. I do believe that if they don't get a good scan they let you come back, but there is no claim that if you don't get to see the gender you can come back for free. I am planning to do a value bundle that costs $189 and that's a lot of money to waste if they can't see anything. It includes the 2D gender at 16-20 weeks and then a 3D scan at 25-30 weeks. You get 10 pictures at each scan and even a 4D (video) peek. So a pretty decent value package that my Mom wanted to buy me for my recent birthday.

Thanks again for the help!

Are any of you dealing with any sort of complications? (Complications sound so bad, so perhaps issues is a better term)

I am dealing with diabetes that we probably wouldn't even know about if I didn't have a blood panel done for a life insurance application in May. Then I have borderline high blood pressure. It's been normal the entire pregnancy so far but I guess that's due to the baby. They will have to watch it closer once I hit 20 weeks.

My biggest issue has been low progesterone. Even at 10 weeks it was only 7.3. I was on prometrium 2 times a day, vaginally for the first 7 weeks as instructed by the RE. Then my OBGYN wanted me switched to injections twice a week at 7 weeks since my number was still low. So at 10 weeks when it was still low, they added the prometrium back in once a day vaginally. I had the another test last Thursday but since it's mailed to some fancy institute in Nebraska I don't have the results yet. I was told I would likely be on at least the injections for the rest of the pregnancy. It's hard to believe my progesterone is so low because I have had no bleeding or cramping. Plus baby is active and measuring spot on, always wiggling around on ultrasounds. I just don't understand how the pregnancy can go so well when my progesterone is so bad. My old OBGYN told me that if the egg was viable the progesterone would be fine. Guess she is my old OBGYN for a reason. This egg was certainly viable.

(I am also 37 with a history of female and male factor infertility which just adds to my high risk diagnosis)

Just wondering if anybody else is dealing with any worrisome complications that most doctors would attribute to being overweight.

I would go for it hun :D Really if the person is good then you will have no problems at all. I was 18+2 but i could tell from word go (before i even got in the room) that she couldn't be bothered. Thats a really good deal you are getting. I paid £85 for my 3d scan where i got a few pics printed and a disk of pics. but if i want to go back for a 4d one its going to cost another £150 when im further on.

sorry to hear your dealing with so many complications hun! I end up with high BP a bit later on so am being watched for that. with DS2 i was having bloods drawn 2/3 times a week to keep an eye on everything. Hopefully didnt turn into pre-e but it could happen this time as it did with DS1. I know someone else who is on progesterone shots for the rest of her pregnancy too :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->