any plus size mummies to be?

Love the scan Crimson, very cute! I love the ones where they are doing things like that :)
Even though this scan she was breech doesn't mean anything thank goodness- they still have plenty of room to move around and will do a spin every now and then and wind up the wrong way :) Mine has done that a couple of times, I am sure your girl will be in the correct position when the time is right.

Welcome to the new ladies :)

Zombie your bump looks lovely! You are not giant at all. You look very pregnant now and not a B in sight :) xx

Crimson that scan photo is so cute.

Nothing really to report here. Still not getting proper kicks or anything just tickles and flutters a few times a day. Although I was in bed with dd the other night and she did a huge shout and it must have shocked him because he flipped right over lol :) I have a bump and Oh insists I definitely look pregnant now but I still think I just look fatter, it's all at the top where everything has been pushed up. Anomaly scan is 2 weeks today and I am.getting quite nervous. I am so afraid they will find something wrong. I know it is probably just anxiety after dd but I can't shake the feeling. I just hope once I have had the scan I can relax and start to enjoy the pregnancy.

Thank you ladies.

I guess t explains why I've been having powerful kicks :lol:
Told DH when he came in from work this morning and he was understanding.
Fingers crossed MW can feel if she's turned by the time I see her :D

proxy bump that's such a lovely neat bump :)

We are sooo excited to be announcing that after 3 beautiful girls we are officially team blue..... we had our gender scan yesterday where out little man and his legs wide open and all his bits on show .... im lost for words and really feel like weve won the lottery :)
Emily!!! Wow that is SOOO exciting! :happydance:Have you told the girls yet?

Hi all. I'm from the March thread, as I see a couple others are, too. I am a bigger person, about a size 12-14, which is bigger than I would like. I am about 5'4" and around 200lbs. I think I have gained about 3 pounds since I've found out I was pregnant. I'm 13 weeks now, which isn't too bad. I don't have some of the same issues as some seem to have (pcos, thyroid, etc), but I think it might be nice to hang around with some other fluffy gals.

It's exciting to see your bumps, because that is a worry for me. I don't want to look fatter, I want to look pregnant. Hope to see you guys around!
Welcome to the group!

Anyhoo, to quote the genetic technician lady she said my ultra sound was "awesome". The NT measurement was 1.5 and yay for nasal bones. I am assuming they didn't see any soft markers or anything cause she said everything looked great.

So, I was really impressed with them... I like them a lot better than my OB, heh. I'll be going back to my OB on the 20th and back to the MFM on the 24th.

This is so exciting! How is everyone feeling? I still don't really "feel" pregnant.
So glad things went so well Amythyst! Yayy!

I don't have a bump :cry:

Had my 20 week re scan today (they couldn't see her spine properly and my placenta was lying low so they wanted to re check that), and her spine is fine and my placenta has moved up out of the way :happydance:

Only down side, she's breech :(
I just hope she turns around by the next time I have my growth scan or it means c-section.

I got some lovely photo's (for free) and there's one of her sucking her thumb.
I'll post it later when DS is in bed.
I don't have a bump either Crimson, but don't worry - we'll have one soon right?!

Sounds like you had a good scan. I don't think breech at this point means too much...but I'm not 100% about that. The thumb sucking scan pic is ADORABLE!!

Welcome to the new ladies :) Nothing really to report here. Still not getting proper kicks or anything just tickles and flutters a few times a day. Although I was in bed with dd the other night and she did a huge shout and it must have shocked him because he flipped right over lol :) I have a bump and Oh insists I definitely look pregnant now but I still think I just look fatter, it's all at the top where everything has been pushed up. Anomaly scan is 2 weeks today and I am.getting quite nervous. I am so afraid they will find something wrong. I know it is probably just anxiety after dd but I can't shake the feeling. I just hope once I have had the scan I can relax and start to enjoy the pregnancy.
My husband thinks I look pregnant now too, but I don't see it at all. All I see in the mirror is just a bigger "P" belly.

I don't blame you at all for being nervous after what you've been through. It doesn't help to worry, but I have no idea how to stop doing it myself so I'm no help really. But remember, we're here for you. :hugs:

Sorry if I've missed anyone. My brain doesn't work since getting pregnant.:shrug:

AFM, I've lost another 2 pounds, that's 18 total. I don't feel particularly great about it though because I keep worrying that I'm hurting the baby. I eat really well, just not often enough.

The little guy is really kicking up a storm at this point. He really starts in just as I'm starting a meal or having a big drink of cold water. It's amazing.

I'm still in denial about being pregnant at all. Anyone else feel this way? We bought one little outfit and 3 Onesies...THAT'S IT! And my husband had to force those on me.

One friend brought over some adorable things. Another gave us a new bouncy chair and one of my husband's clients gave us a baby carrier. My friend's sister said she would loan us her Italian crib (I don't even know what she means by "Italian" lol). I keep having images of us bringing home a newborn to house with almost no baby stuff in it.:dohh:

I'm not alone then haha, I hope so, I just look like I have really bad water weight o_O

Hopefully it doesn't and she'll be the right way around before we know it.

Thank you ^.^

Hi ladies! It's been a while since I've been on this group! I had to go back and catch up on everyone's posts :)
Just a little update on me and LO. We did find out that we are having a little girl. We are just over the moon. And also exciting to me is that I didn't gain anything between my 12 week exam and my 18 week! I'm pretty shocked. I've gained, maybe, 3-4 lbs the whole pregnancy so far. It's so different from my first, where I gained about 45lbs and never lost it. I can still fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans!
LO has been kicking up a storm, and unfortunately likes to sit on and kick nerves :( I've been having some pretty nasty headaches lately that spread down my neck. I'm guess a lot of it may have to do with stress, which stems from a toddler in his terrible 2s and a DH who works long hours. I seriously need a break, just an afternoon would be fabulous.

Morning ladies.. sorry iv been MIA for a few days. so much to catch up on :haha:

congratulations to the new ladies on your pregnancies and i hope you find the support you need in here.

and congratulations on team :pink: and team :blue: ladies. :D

Maisie im sorry your scared about your anomoly scan :hugs: I have my fingers crossed that all is well with this bubbs.

im jelous of the weight loss of some of you ladies :haha: I need to do my 20 week weigh in but ill do that tomorrow as i always do it first thing in the morning. Im guessing ill have thrown on a few lb this time as iv been eating more and not drinking as much water *smacks own hand*.. i really need to keep on top of my water intake i really do.. but all the peeing bugs the hell out of me :haha:

I had my anaesthetic appointment where i was told i have to watch what i eat :haha: but i shut him up when i said id only gained 1lb as of that day!

Only another 11 days until my anomoly scan.. i am excited... i really want to know properly what im having!!

LOL Mummy - I must be doing something wrong cause I lost another .2 pounds this morning. I don't think I'm actually eating over 2,000 calories a day... am I supposed to be? I do eat regular meals (and most of the time its carbs) and I have small snacks throughout the day like Fiber One bars, crackers and cheese, or fruit... so, I'm still a little weirded out that I'm losing weight. Maybe its my Metformin... dunno.

sounds like your just naturally loosing hun which is perfectly fine :) I had lost 2lb the other morning making my total loss 7lb whilst being pregnant. id love to loose some more though.. although the pie and peas im going to be making for tea wont help that ;) or the chocolate cake i want to bake haha xx

I was down 2lbs at my last appointment (I think it was just a big lunch or bloating, but the midwife treated it like weight loss). She said at this point, as long as it isn't intentional weight loss, not to worry about it. I'm sure you're fine :)

Mmmm sounds yummy! I'll be right over!

We are going grocery shopping today and if we go to Costco, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist their Strawberry Cheesecake. I don't like chocolate and I don't usually crave crazy sweet stuff but I die for cheesecake. :D

Thanks for the reassurance ladies!

well done mrsk :D

haha there will be enough to feed an army lol. Its a shortcrust pie though.. not a puff pastry one. going to use the hairy bikers recipe.. then a victoria sponge with strawberry jam and buttercream filling and chocolate melted on top with sprinkles mmmmm xx

hehe want some cake too? Im going to have to really behave after this though! ill have put on a stone in a week if im not careful :haha: dreading my weigh in tomorrow morning x

:rofl: me too ;) theres just something about home made cake... especially licking out the bowl lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->