any plus size mummies to be?

Great news Amythyst!

Maise- how exciting your daughter is turning 2! I almost prefer small family parties vs big ones because they are more intimate.

I had to laugh at the cheesecake, my MIL loves to bring cheesecake when she comes and now I can't even look at it! :haha:

Mmmm, cheesecake. I could use a slice of cheesecake right now.

I thought V-Day was Valentine's Day until I remembered it's only September. :haha:

I am down 25lbs since the start of pregnancy, and 7lbs was just this past week. :wacko: It really makes me nervous, but my Mom (who is a nurse) told me I worry too much. As long as I am getting my daily calories I am fine. I am not really calorie counting, but since I am diabetic my carbs feel close to nonexistent from what I used to eat. Talking about that cheesecake from Costco had me DROOLING!!! :haha: I have a list of all the wonderful foods I am eating as soon as baby is born, when I don't have to be AS careful. My goal is to keep the diabetes under control after I have the baby, but if I want a piece of cheesecake I am certainly going to have it! :thumbup:

I am hungry all of the time now. I had a pretty decent size meal at lunch, and an hour later I am starving again. This is quite difficult when you're trying to manage your blood sugar and avoid too many carbs! :dohh:

Wow, that's a lot of weight! I noticed you also have PCOS...are you still taking your Metformin? I'm thinking that my weight loss is being facilitated by our little wonder drug... lol.

Amethyst great news! :)

Elphabaa 25lbs wow you're doing great. As your Mum says as long as you are getting your calories and baby is measuring fine that's great news. You'll be a skinny Minnie when baby arrives :) xx

hi ladies not been on since last week so just been having a quick catch up on previous posts.... weve told the girls they are having a baby brother and they are all absolutely over the moon as are we all :)

I have just had my 16 week checkup appointment and all went well bp a little high and a trace of protein but not a concern as im not symptomatic :)

im now at a loss of 9lb :)

Im a plus size (16). I was like this with my son 6 yrs ago. This is my 2nd one.
Can't even tell that im pregnan. It upsets me. :(

Lots of people of all sizes don't show at 16 weeks, hon. My skinny SIL wasn't showing even a tiny bit until 18 or 20 weeks. I bet you start to pop out soon.

I also see a lot of women (especially plus sized women) who don't think they're showing, but if you look at a before and after photo of them, they totally are. We're our own harshest critics.

Grats on the weight loss Emily! Good luck with the BP and protein. I had a protein level of 351 at my first 24 urine test ... so, I'm hoping its just my "baseline" and nothing more. I don't have any symptoms either.

I stepped on the scale again this morning, and I'm still holding steady. My midwife would prefer that I not gain before 20 weeks, since I already gained 5lbs in the first couple weeks of pregnancy, and I'm really hoping I can meet that goal. I'm not dieting or anything - I eat when I'm hungry, and usually eat what I want - but I suspect as I start getting big, I'm going to have to be more careful in my choices. This is the first time in my life that I've eaten whatever I've wanted and stayed the same weight!

I've been super worried about weight gain. I've been trying really hard to keep it in check, though. Light fruits like melon, trying to cut down on my bad for you snacks. I've tried not to let myself get too hungry so I don't eat anything in sight. Weight gain is probably inevitable over time, especially as baby puts on weight, but I can do my best not to just get fat(er). I tried yoga the other day, and it went well, so I would like to do it every couple days or so.
I am determined not to be one of those first time moms that go overboard (except maybe on Thanksgiving and Christmas :haha:)

Thanksgiving and Christmas calories don't count ;) And think of all the calories you won't be getting from alcohol on family holidays! Or maybe that's just my family...

How's it going for you so far? It seems like some women gain during pregnancy no matter what they do, and some can't gain during pregnancy no matter what they do. I want to be proud of myself for not gaining beyond that immediate "No more Weight Watchers!!!" 5lbs, but I think it's honestly just good luck. I hope the good luck holds, I'm only about 6lbs away from what I'm "allowed" to gain, though I don't think the midwives would ride my ass too much over a few extra pounds as long as I don't explode. They do have a strict BMI limit for waterbirth, though, and I'm about 35lbs under it, and I'd really like to have that option open to me.

What is their bmi limit? I was hoping to have that as an option.

40 at my office. I don't know if that's typical, though. You're allowed to labor in the tub at any weight.

Emily great loss :) I bet your girls can't wait to have a baby brother he will be so well mothered lol :)

Well done to you other ladies on your weights too. Seems we are all doing pretty well at either losing or holding steady so we should be proud :)

I'm off to the Dr first thing tomorrow I have been having quite bad dizzy spells especially in the morning and a few heart palpitations. Then today I have been so unbelievably tired and headachy. Hoping I am just a bit run down looking after dd and trying to work. I am concerned I might have the dreaded gestational diabetes or even worse the starts of pre-e :( I didn't get GD with dd but was starting to get protein in my urine and my BP was on the rise by the time I had her. Just got something inside me telling me this is not going to be an easy pregnancy but just hoping it is just anxiety after dd.

On a plus note I still haven't put any weight back on and so am still -10lbs on pre pregnancy weight :)

I hope everything is ok, Maisie. I wouldn't be surprised to hear you're just overdoing it. You have so much on your plate.

40 at my office. I don't know if that's typical, though. You're allowed to labor in the tub at any weight.

I wonder what it is here in Australia? I don't want to give birth in a tub, just I read somewhere a lady sat in the tub while her DH squirted warm water onto her back during labor and she swears it helped get her through the pain and the distraction was good.
I wouldn't mind doing that. As a matter of fact I don't even know if the hospital I am giving birth has tubs as an option at all. They are too understaffed to give birthing suite tours any more apparently :(

Oh, that's too bad that you don't get tours :( Is there someone you can ask? The tubs definitely aren't standard here, I only know of a few hospitals that have them. They're one of the reasons I chose my midwife office.

Maise I hope all is well. Maybe you are anemic. I am having the same problems exactly, but not really heart palpitations but it does seem to race. I had to stay home from work today because of the fatigue and dizziness. I thought I was coming down with something but now I am wondering if it's due to the pregnancy. May call the Dr tomorrow.

A little moan from me

been away for a few days here and there over the past 3 weeks... and because i was away food was in plenty supply.. like fish and chips on the beach and one weekend away food was provided with lunch and dinner been 3 courses each :( finally weighed myself a few days ago and id put on nearly half a stone :( ive already lost 2lbs just by eating normally at home.. but i hate how easily i put on weight :(

Im probebly just feeling extra sensitive somebody at work is 2 weeks behind me and has the most beautiful baby bump already... I look o different :(

Hope you are feeling better Maise and it turns out to be nothing :flower:

Mrs Lemon- I am sure you have a beautiful bump! it is so hard not to compare ourselves to other women when pregnant, I know I do the same, but you are beautiful no matter what your bump shape because you're growing a little miracle in there! Try not to kick yourself for putting on weight, as long as you are back on track eating healthy then no reason to stress out about a few pounds. Baby needs to eat after all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->