any plus size mummies to be?

Well, I had an episode of light bleeding today. It only happened when i went to the bathroom and nothing got on my underwear but i have been lightly brown spotting since. The initial blood was pink/red but i am uncertain if it was rectal or vaginal. I had a bowel movement at the same time and the bloody paper seemed to be from both sides.... Sorry for the TMI. I did have a bit of rectal bleeding about three weeks ago... So i am prone to believe that the fresh blood was from my rear.

Nonetheless, i have been having the brown spotting all day but only shows up on the toilet paper when i wipe. I already knew i had a small SCH, so i am assuming it finally ruptured or something. I did see a tiny blood clot looking thing on the paper earlier with the brown spotting. I have known i had an SCH since 7 weeks, but as of my 11 week ultra sound it was still there. My OB said that it hadnt gotten any bigger and was pretty small.... So i dont think i have anything to panic about.

It still bugs me but at least I am informed enough to know that i shouldnt panic and brown blood is old blood. I am feeling totally fine otherwise and i just had my NT scan last week and all was well.

Ill probably call the OB on Tuesday and let them know but she did warn me this might happen at some point. I just hope it only keeps doing what it is doing now. :)

how is the bleeding today hun?

I had some bright red blood yesterday too but i always try be a bit crafty.. i get a fresh bit of toilet roll and hold it upto the rectal area and check that... then i will wipe the front properly again (with a fresh bit). then get another fresh bit and hold it against my labia to see if that is where its coming from.. and then one last peice held just inside the vagina.. that normally helps me figure out where it is coming from. (mine was labia so i think irritated by toilet roll).

I would definitely ring your ob just to let them know unless the bleeding continues and then maybe get checked if it goes back to bright red blood? But i know you can irritate your cervix is you have to strain to pass your bowel movement :hugs: xxx

It seems to have stopped almost completely today. There was nothing on the paper late last night and when I went to the bathroom at 7AM this morning. I saw a small tint on the paper when I went to the bathroom a few minutes ago at 10AM.

I usually do check myself similar to how you described but I guess I got complacent and hadn't really been checking... so when I saw the red blood in the toilet the one time yesterday, I didn't see until I stood up. I did another check afterward but I had wiped too well and all the evidence was gone. :)

And on another note... I did buy that cheesecake at Costco yesterday and had a lovely piece. We also went out to eat at Applebees for dinner. And guess what the scale told me today? You have lost another pound! Oye!

And what the heck is a V-day?

It's officially my V-Day today :happydance:

congratulations hun!!

It seems to have stopped almost completely today. There was nothing on the paper late last night and when I went to the bathroom at 7AM this morning. I saw a small tint on the paper when I went to the bathroom a few minutes ago at 10AM.

I usually do check myself similar to how you described but I guess I got complacent and hadn't really been checking... so when I saw the red blood in the toilet the one time yesterday, I didn't see until I stood up. I did another check afterward but I had wiped too well and all the evidence was gone. :)

And on another note... I did buy that cheesecake at Costco yesterday and had a lovely piece. We also went out to eat at Applebees for dinner. And guess what the scale told me today? You have lost another pound! Oye!

And what the heck is a V-day?

im glad its stopped hun!

and omg well done on loosing another lb! i need to behave for the rest of the week and try get my 4lb back off!

V-Day is viability day so when you hit 24 weeks xx

Ah ok thanks! I kept thinking it was like vagina day or something... :D

VAGINA DAY!!!
OMG i am laughing so hard! That is brilliant! well you could consider the very beginning and the very end of a pregnancy 'Vagina Day'! PMSL :)

It's confession time.:blush:

I've been eating nonstop for 3 days. :nope: I know I must have gained about 203742093749273 pounds, so I'm NOT going to get on the scale for at least 3 days.

My husband and adult son both went out of town for the holiday weekend and I've been LOVING it. I love being on my own and not having to cook. And when I clean up, it STAYS clean!! I love my boys, but they're messy creatures. And here I am having another boy.:help:

I've had lasagna and mac and cheese. And White Castle burgers. And sourdough toast. And pizza. OMG! I can't believe I'm admitting this even to myself, let alone to you guys.:blush: I never eat like this. We don't really eat any processed food, grains or carbs other than fruits and veggies so my body is probably in shock right now.

I hope I haven't hurt the baby by binging like this.:sad2:

I feel like a total oinker/loser right now. I've actually eaten so much the past few days that I think I actually show now.

But on a more positive note and TMI, I've finally been going to bathroom normally since eating the entire house! :rofl:

Oh, and I've been shopping all weekend. I've spent quite a bit of money...and aside from three outfits for the baby, I can't even remember what else I got. I must have been on a food-high when I did it.

I was also staying up till all hours watching movies and sleeping all morning.

Apparently I can't be left alone when I'm pregnant. :haha:

Haha! Maybe the regular bathroom trips will make up for the junk ;)

Honestly, though, if you're eating healthy food most of the time, a few days of utter crap won't hurt anything. You may end up gaining a few pounds just from salty bloating, but I don't think you'll do any permanent damage. Everyone needs an occasional free-for-all.

Haha! Maybe the regular bathroom trips will make up for the junk ;)

Honestly, though, if you're eating healthy food most of the time, a few days of utter crap won't hurt anything. You may end up gaining a few pounds just from salty bloating, but I don't think you'll do any permanent damage. Everyone needs an occasional free-for-all.
Thanks, I needed to hear that.:hugs:

Ah ok thanks! I kept thinking it was like vagina day or something... :D

ahaha well that sure got my day off to a good start :haha: just what i needed since being up since 1am! Its known as the mark where most babies have at least a chance of survival if they arrive, and in some places the time when they would intervene to help a baby survive if they come early.

JanetPlanet dont worry hun! sounds like you had a fab time! I also had a way over the top munching week last week and gained 4lb in 5 days :haha: So now im just behaving again to try and drop it back off xx

Amethyst glad there has been no more spotting. I know how scary that can be xx

Vagina day!!....:rofl:

Janeplanet you made me chuckle. Sounds like you had a party for one (well 2 really ;) ) I wouldn't worry too much about what you ate we all have binges every now and again. I think I'd be more concerned about your bank balance lol. Internet shopping is dangerous when on a high :)

Oh just realised it's exactly one month until my baby's 2nd birthday. Where did 2 years go???

Vagina Day, haha, I love it :lol:

It's okay, I think we all have the days where we just pig out, I mean, we all deserve a day off the healthy stuff now and then don't we?

Oh just realised it's exactly one month until my baby's 2nd birthday. Where did 2 years go???
How exciting, are you going to have a big party for her?

How is she doing? She sure is a cutie!

How exciting, are you going to have a big party for her?

How is she doing? She sure is a cutie!

It'll just be a family do. She doesn't really understand what other children are and doesn't interact with them very much yet so we will wait until she is older and has friends at nursery/school before we have kiddie parties. I think next year will be easier as her brother will be 9 months old and she will understand about interacting with children by then. It'll still be nice though. We'll take her to a soft play place first and then probably go for a pizza with family as she has recently started eating that and really likes it :)

I thought V-Day was Valentine's Day until I remembered it's only September. :haha:

I am down 25lbs since the start of pregnancy, and 7lbs was just this past week. :wacko: It really makes me nervous, but my Mom (who is a nurse) told me I worry too much. As long as I am getting my daily calories I am fine. I am not really calorie counting, but since I am diabetic my carbs feel close to nonexistent from what I used to eat. Talking about that cheesecake from Costco had me DROOLING!!! :haha: I have a list of all the wonderful foods I am eating as soon as baby is born, when I don't have to be AS careful. My goal is to keep the diabetes under control after I have the baby, but if I want a piece of cheesecake I am certainly going to have it! :thumbup:

I am hungry all of the time now. I had a pretty decent size meal at lunch, and an hour later I am starving again. This is quite difficult when you're trying to manage your blood sugar and avoid too many carbs! :dohh:

Well I'm glad I made everyone laugh. :)

I got plenty of cheesecake still, so ya'll come on over if you want some. :)

I got some good news today! My first trimester screen came back as 1:3802 for downs and trisomy 18 and 13 were 1:6600. So, that made me happy. Will get the results of my harmony and genetic screenings next week. Can't wait to know the sex of the baby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->