any plus size mummies to be?

I hope everyone starts to feel better! My heart doesn't race but it pounds really hard in my chest when I lay down to sleep. Its gotten a lot better now that first trimester is pretty much over with but I still feel it some times. It drives me bonkers and actually keeps me awake. Funny how the sound of your heart pounding in your head keeps you awake.

I should get the results of my Harmony test this coming week... so excited! Other than that, I still don't feel pregnant. I did have 1 episode of nausea the other day before I left for work... I woke up, went downstairs, and had just taken my BP medicine, my Synthroid and my Progesterone pill with some water when WHAMO! You need to barf... I only made it to the kitchen sink. :( The most annoying part was I lost my pills! So, I had to take them again! Grrrr! lol.

My appointment with the Dr went ok. Nothing physically wrong which is great news and a big comfort. I did tell him about all of my anxieties, first time I have said them all out loud. He was sympathetic but not very helpful to be honest but then I guess there's not a lot he can do, I wouldn't take tablets even if they were offered. We have been offered some counselling through a blind charity so I'm going to chase that up and the Dr told me about a website called mind gym that gives exercises to help deal with stress and anxiety so I will have a look at that too x

I'm sorry he wasn't more helpful, but I'm glad there's nothing physically wrong. I hope the counseling place can help.

Just found out today we're team blue... blah. Wanted a girl so badly but the baby seems perfectly healthy and no genetic problems....so I guess that's all that matters. :)

Congratulations hun xx I was a little blah too after finding out baby was a boy as really wanted a sister for dd but I am getting used to it now. Glad there are no problems. A healthy baby is always a cause to celebrate :) xx

Aww I understand why you feel blah, I may as well when we find out but everyone seems to think we will have a boy, and my cousin is pregnant and having a girl 4 months before me so I'm sure I'll have a boy lol. But we've fought so hard to have a baby anything will be good. I'm sure you will get used to the idea, especially when you have a name!

My husband's family I think just has like mega boy sperm or something. One of the reasons we really wanted a girl is that my husband has 2 brothers, 1 brother had 2 sons and the other brother had 1 son. So, there's like boys everywhere!

The name will be the hardest part. We had the perfect girl's name lined up but we can't seem to find that one boy's name that's like "AH HA!"

Same here, we have a girls name but can't find a boys, which tells me I'm having a boy. Plus my MIL wants a girl and so does my dad and DH so I'll have a boy lol.

Aww, I was sad when we found out. We wanted a baby girl for so long, I never imagined I'd have a boy. But I kept having a panic type feeling it was a boy, so we had to decide on a name just in case. Sure enough at the 18week scan it was confirmed. It was a hard at first but now I'm totally in love with my boy and wouldn't change a thing. We ttc for 8 years and I can't wait until he gets here. :hugs:

Just found out today we're team blue... blah. Wanted a girl so badly but the baby seems perfectly healthy and no genetic problems....so I guess that's all that matters. :)

Congratulations hun xx I was a little blah too after finding out baby was a boy as really wanted a sister for dd but I am getting used to it now. Glad there are no problems. A healthy baby is always a cause to celebrate :) xx
We really wanted a girl too. And I still tend to look at girl baby clothes instead of what I should be looking at. I let myself feel as disappointed as I wanted, but it really didn't last that long.

My husband's family I think just has like mega boy sperm or something. One of the reasons we really wanted a girl is that my husband has 2 brothers, 1 brother had 2 sons and the other brother had 1 son. So, there's like boys everywhere!

The name will be the hardest part. We had the perfect girl's name lined up but we can't seem to find that one boy's name that's like "AH HA!"
I had the perfect girl name picked out too. We've decided on a name, but I'm not sure I get the "AH HA!" with it yet. :dohh: My MIL nixed my first choice for a boy name (that doesn't make her sound too good, but she's wonderful).

Aww, I was sad when we found out. We wanted a baby girl for so long, I never imagined I'd have a boy. But I kept having a panic type feeling it was a boy, so we had to decide on a name just in case. Sure enough at the 18week scan it was confirmed. It was a hard at first but now I'm totally in love with my boy and wouldn't change a thing. We ttc for 8 years and I can't wait until he gets here. :hugs:
I felt/feel the same way!

Ladies,

I have a question on the dreaded B-belly.

Not sure if most of you are going through the same, but at 19 weeks, i still have a B shaped bump..

Any ideas on when it gets smoothened out to a round bump or it will always be B-shaped bcz of the fat around? :|

Mine is more of a P bump lol. Everything has been pushed up and I am already getting movement up by my belly button so I think he is lying high too. In my last it did round out by about 23-25 weeks. I'm avoiding maternity wear even though I need to go on to them because of the P x

I am. I was a 20 pants size and 22/24 shirt size pre-pregnancy. Here is me 20 weeks :) Finally getiing a proper bump!! I have gained no weight in my pregnancy, so still same size.

Attachments

• 20 week bump.jpg
    20 week bump.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3
Cute bump! Makes me feels better as I'm so afraid when I get a bump I just won't look pregnant lol. I'm a size 16/18 closer to an 18 mostly.

Nice bump, Harlan!

Dini, I'm a 16ish, and mine is coming along bump shaped so far. It's not a perfect round bump, and I do have an apron that makes it look like I'm carrying weirdly low, but it's better than I anticipated. You never know what you'll get! Over-bump maternity pants really help. I'll post a photo from yesterday (14+4) so you can see.

I'm up a couple pounds two mornings in a row, so I'm thinking it's real weight gain and not just bloating or something. I'm a little annoyed, but I'm not gonna beat myself up over 2lbs. Especially since I went through another breast growth spurt. If it keeps up I'm going to have to really reassess what I'm eating, though. My midwife's goal for me was to not gain any more til 20 weeks, but I don't think she'll be super concerned about a small gain. 7-8lbs in 20 weeks would be pretty good, in my opinion.

Attachments

• 14 weeks.jpg
    14 weeks.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 13
Cute bump! Makes me feels better as I'm so afraid when I get a bump I just won't look pregnant lol. I'm a size 16/18 closer to an 18 mostly.

You will be adorable!! Every woman is different. I literally just popped in the last week and a half and before that I just looked fluffy :) It will happen and believe me I know it is not easy to be patient. Good luck mamma!!

I am. I was a 20 pants size and 22/24 shirt size pre-pregnancy. Here is me 20 weeks :) Finally getiing a proper bump!! I have gained no weight in my pregnancy, so still same size.
You look great!

Nice bump, Harlan!

Dini, I'm a 16ish, and mine is coming along bump shaped so far. It's not a perfect round bump, and I do have an apron that makes it look like I'm carrying weirdly low, but it's better than I anticipated. You never know what you'll get! Over-bump maternity pants really help. I'll post a photo from yesterday (14+4) so you can see.

I'm up a couple pounds two mornings in a row, so I'm thinking it's real weight gain and not just bloating or something. I'm a little annoyed, but I'm not gonna beat myself up over 2lbs. Especially since I went through another breast growth spurt. If it keeps up I'm going to have to really reassess what I'm eating, though. My midwife's goal for me was to not gain any more til 20 weeks, but I don't think she'll be super concerned about a small gain. 7-8lbs in 20 weeks would be pretty good, in my opinion.
Adorable! You look great! :thumbup:

Ugh, I won't get a bump even at 19 weeks? UGH! I'm tired of this B belly... I look like I ate a baby cow or something. :D I haven't gained any weight but my tummy looks terrible.

I guess I'm one of the biggest girls here... I'm a 24/26 318 pounds right now. So, I feel just enormous... lol. I guess I won't have to buy any maternity clothes for many many weeks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->