any plus size mummies to be?

Ugh, I won't get a bump even at 19 weeks? UGH! I'm tired of this B belly... I look like I ate a baby cow or something. :D I haven't gained any weight but my tummy looks terrible.

I guess I'm one of the biggest girls here... I'm a 24/26 318 pounds right now. So, I feel just enormous... lol. I guess I won't have to buy any maternity clothes for many many weeks. :)

You honestly can't tell if you will or not until it happens - I swear! I did not think I was going to get one at all. Here's a comparison of me at 17 weeks and at 20. Big difference. Don't be discouraged.

Attachments

• 17 v 20 weeks.pdf
    58.1 KB · Views: 16
Amythyst it is hard not to feel discouraged when your a bigger girl and you see women who are as pregnant as you are and they have nice bumps already, i know.
While I am sticking out more now at the top of my B bump than ever before I am still waiting for it to 'round out', I do look pregnant to those who know I am but not yet to those who don't.
I am down 17 pounds on my pre-pregnancy weight but because of my weird baby distribution I look slightly fluffier than I was back then hahaha.
It will still be a little while before I am in maternity clothes too :)

For Demotivated-I use either a bonds belly belt under my clothes or a Cantaloop (same kind of thing) which can help my belly look a bit more rounded but they are great for support too for belly and back. :)

amythyst im a 304lb at 5''8 so I am too one of the bigger amongst us and totally get how your feeling my bump is starting to protrude aove my belly button but then theres still the saggy bottom belly that is still just there im just like you waiting for it to all join up to make that round bump so your not alone hunni :) x

Have any of you ladies started to feel daily movement from baby yet? I feel like I can feel him sometimes, but it's really low almost in pelvis region and I'm not so sure. I get panicky because I don't know if I feel anything some days. I was hoping I could feel something on the outside by now so hubby can enjoy, but nothing as of yet.

Ugh, I won't get a bump even at 19 weeks? UGH! I'm tired of this B belly... I look like I ate a baby cow or something. :D I haven't gained any weight but my tummy looks terrible.

I guess I'm one of the biggest girls here... I'm a 24/26 318 pounds right now. So, I feel just enormous... lol. I guess I won't have to buy any maternity clothes for many many weeks. :)
Sweetie, I get how you're feeling - I think most of us do. You are NOT alone! I doubt you look like a baby cow. (In my case I look like hippo toddler.):haha: I don't show at all...except for my upper "P" belly/hernia sticking out more. I was at my ultrasound yesterday (I'm posting an adorable "footprint" pic) and all the ladies there actually looked pregnant. So there I was...obviously the oldest, fatest and most non-pregnant looking one there. Oh what fun!

Have any of you ladies started to feel daily movement from baby yet? I feel like I can feel him sometimes, but it's really low almost in pelvis region and I'm not so sure. I get panicky because I don't know if I feel anything some days. I was hoping I could feel something on the outside by now so hubby can enjoy, but nothing as of yet.
I've been feeling the little guy since 15-16 weeks, but not daily until the past couple of weeks. And it's really normal at this point to feel the baby a lot one day and then not at all for a couple of days. My husband just finally felt him on Saturday. You're right on schedule.:thumbup:

Attachments

• 2014-09-08e Ultrasound 23w4d Measuring 23w6d Footprint.jpg
    2014-09-08e Ultrasound 23w4d Measuring 23w6d Footprint.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 5
hi ladies, I hope I can join you.

I'm 12w3days and normally a size 22/24. I have a B belly and don't look pregnant at all. I'm job hunting so I'm kind of glad I won't show for a while. Fortunately, I saved my old size 28 pants from before I lost weight because they have been coming in handy for the bloat. :thumbup:
I had my NT scan this morning and everything looks great.

hi ladies, I hope I can join you.

I'm 12w3days and normally a size 22/24. I have a B belly and don't look pregnant at all. I'm job hunting so I'm kind of glad I won't show for a while. Fortunately, I saved my old size 28 pants from before I lost weight because they have been coming in handy for the bloat. :thumbup:
I had my NT scan this morning and everything looks great.
Welcome! And great news on the scan!

Thank you for all the reassurance, that does make me feel better. :) I also a little daunted that I see pregnant women everywhere but they have no idea that I'm pregnant. Its like you want to be noticed... I just want to put a sign on my back that says "baby on board" or something. :D

@Emily3399: Yea, I am with ya. My upper belly is sticking out so much!

And don't get me wrong I'm not down on myself or being overly negative... I'm just a "realist" and I know how big I am, so just venting a little. :) I was not prepared for this "B" belly and didn't even realize what was going on till I joined this thread. It was just frustrating having lost a bunch of weight before I got pregnant and even though I've lose 2 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight my upper body just seems to stick out so much now.

C'est la vie though right? I just try to enjoy being pregnant and look forward to when I can feel the little bugger kicking... which may be a while yet. :)

On a side note, do any of you get winded more easily? I used to be able to go up and down our stairs no problem... but now when I get to the top of the stairs I'm breathing a bit heavy. We also did a big grocery store run a week ago and we were only there an hour or so but after like 45 mins or so of walking around I just got so tired and my legs felt like heavy bricks. Seems my little bub is draining my stamina! :) Which I suppose can be expected.

I am onto wearing leggings upto waist now most days... it gives a nice round bump :D
if i m in my pre-pregnancy jeans, i just look weird, with two ballls on my stomach :|

:flower:
I had been feeling 'flickers' from around about 13 weeks or so, now kung fu moves! My DH didn't get the chance to feel the kicks from the outside until 22+5 weeks when I was laying in bed after a shower and baby was being crazy :) It is an awesome moment which you both will treasure because you have had to wait a bit extra longer than usual. I hope it happens for you soon :)

On a side note, do any of you get winded more easily? I used to be able to go up and down our stairs no problem... but now when I get to the top of the stairs I'm breathing a bit heavy. We also did a big grocery store run a week ago and we were only there an hour or so but after like 45 mins or so of walking around I just got so tired and my legs felt like heavy bricks. Seems my little bub is draining my stamina! :) Which I suppose can be expected.

YES! I used to love walking around the shopping center with my mum or friends before being pregnant and could easy spend all day out doing things.
Recently mum came to visit and I wanted to take her to a new store she hadn't been to... holy crap! We were out about an hour before I decided I couldn't do it anymore and it was time to go home. Hahaha. I felt breathless walking and talking, my legs felt like wet cement!
Even going for a walk around a couple of blocks make me exhausted, and I do my housework in sections. I miss getting up in the morning and cleaning the house from top to bottom, having washing hung, dishes done, everything shiny and clean by 10am! The baby takes only what it needs I realize this but MAN.... leave some for me!!!! :haha:

I don't get winded, but my stamina has tanked. I went on a short walk today, helped DH put laundry away and packed up a bunch of stuff that doesn't fit right now, and my back is killing me. He's doing all the hard work today, and I'm the one whining :p

I definitely get more winded now. I did a big grocery shop a couple of days ago. By the time I got home I was so tired and uncomfortable I had to get oh to have dd while I had a lie down.

After being adament I wouldn't get one I relented and bought a doppler hoping it would help with my anxieties. I tried it for the first time last night. Took a couple of goes but found him pretty quickly. He has a nice steady hb of 135, I think he was sleeping :)

I have been feeling much better the last few days. I have taken a few days off work and have been trying to relax as much as I can with a teething almost 2 year old lol :) Oh and I spoke over the weekend and have decided to swap roles. So after baby arrives I will stay home and oh will go back to work. I am.so looking forward to just looking after the house and family for a few years. Even part time I have found juggling work with all of dd's appointments, which I always make sure I attend, a struggle. So all in all I'm feeling pretty ok right now. Anomaly scan on Friday so hopefully everything will be fine with our little guy and I can start counting down to maternity leave and then Christmas :D xx

I am winded now but I think it's because of my allergies being so bad that it is affecting my breathing. I am definitely having stamina issues though. I can't even walk across the grocery store without wanting to sit down. I have yet to have the can't keep my eyes open type exhaustion that it seems most people have but I do have the general exhaustion.

I was getting past that absolutely terrible exhaustion by 12 weeks, so maybe you'll avoid it! My friend's mom is a baby nurse and she swears you either get the fatigue or the morning sickness. I only got the fatigue, but I'm pretty sure a lot of ladies in my March thread have complained of both.

I'm still sore from watching DH work yesterday ;) I offered (before I was sore) to clean the master bathroom while he was at work today. He reaffirmed my decision to marry him when I woke up this morning to an email saying "If you just fold the rest of the laundry, I'll clean the bathroom so you don't have to do all that bending and scrubbing." He works mostly with women (there's occasionally one other guy), and he's been through a few work pregnancies, and they have him trained so well. I'm going to have to send them some cookies or something...

It's just so frustrating not being able to do anything. There's a 5k walk we really want to do at the end of the month, and I'm just not sure I can do it. A leisurely 3 mile was was nothing to me before I got pregnant! We haven't signed up yet, so I'm going to dust off my fitbit and take the dogs for walks with him in the evenings and see how far I can really make it before I start to get sore. I don't mind signing up for the walk and not doing it at the last minute (it's inexpensive and the fees benefit a good cause), but it'll drive him crazy, and I doubt he'd do it without me.

Oh yeah, I defiantly get winded.

I normally have no problem walking up stairs, carrying DS, etc, but I take forever now :lol:

Doesn't help I have Asthma but that's under control anyway

Another question ladies :D

How much weight gain is ideal and how much you all have gained?

I am 20 weeks today, and from my pre-pregnancy, its a total gain of 6 pounds till date :|

I'm in the "11 to 20lbs" range, I believe. My BMI is near the bottom of that range, though, so I'm not going to beat myself up if I gain 25, you know?

So far, I gained 5lbs immediately, within a week or two of getting pregnant. And I think I've gained another 2 or 3lbs in the past week or so.

I am also in the 11-20lb range but right at the top so I am guessing they would prefer if I didn't gain at all. So far I am still 11lbs down on pre-pregnancy weight so that gives me some leeway for the second half of the pregnancy.

im also in the top of that 11-20lb range and as of this morning have gained 4lb

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"