any plus size mummies to be?

Wish me luck ladies. Got my 1st gtt at 1015 this morning then my anomaly scan at 1115. Seeing the anaesthetist at 1300 to discuss my section so going to be a long morning and I'm already hungry lol :) Actually I can live without eating but could murder a cup of tea, waking up to plain water just isn't right!! ;)

good luck hun!

hopefully have my gtt in a few weeks.

i had my anomoly scan on wednesday but it was a complete fail.. back on the 7th october to try again. x

i couldnt hold me bladder ( i was literally almost in tears from trying not to pee myself) and baby was being extremely stubborn. I had to make her stop eventually before i did literally pee on her bed. Im at the gp this morning as i think its a UTI so hopefully ill get anti biotics and should be ok for the re-run and holding my bladder! Things like this make me hate being a bigger woman.. if i was slim i wouldnt need a full bladder at this point :( xx

Aww hun that's rubbish. At least baby will be that much bigger so easier to get measurements next time xx

I don't think not having a full bladder will be an issue for me this morning since I will have drunk half a litre of bloody lucozade an hour before lol :) x

yeah thats what the tech said as ill be 25+5 by then.

haha oh man i just hope you dont end up like i was and completely desperate as thats simply no fun at all xx

Scan has not quite gone to plan. They have measured most things and have confirmed he is definitely a boy :) What they did see is all good but we have to come back.in 2 weeks just to check a couple of measurements they couldn't get. I don't think it helped that I had all the lucozade for the gtt because he was bouncing all over the place and wouldn't stay still long enough to get what the sonographer needed lol :)

Awww, glad it all went well.

I gave next last gtt on Wednesday as well as a midwife appointment on Monday.

Worst thing about the gtt, having to sit in the waiting room for over 2 hours, starving with an aching arm.

im glad it all went well hun! wish we got lucozade for our GTT's lol

Same here, the stuff I have makes me feel really sick when you drink it, and the after taste, it's just as worse

Sethsmummy, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Not looking forward to the GTT! Are you really not allowed breakfast that day? I feel like crap if I don't eat something every two hours...

Sethsmummy, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Not looking forward to the GTT! Are you really not allowed breakfast that day? I feel like crap if I don't eat something every two hours...

Thanks hun, i got some anti biotics when i was at the gp today so hopefully that should clear it right up :D

It depends where you are hun. In the uk in most places no you cant eat from like 10pm the night before. but some places in America let you have certain things for breakfast. xx

Oh, I hope they let me eat something! I can't imagine going from 10pm til morning these days!

It wasn't as bad as it sounds. I struggled not having my morning cup of tea or 3 though. I did get a horrible headache though which was made worse by how long I was there. Arrived at 10am had my blood taken and given my drink. Then my detailed scan was at 1100. Further blood test just after 1200. Went and had a bite to eat then back again for appointments with the anaesthetist and consultant. It was 1430 by the time I got out and I was exhausted!

The good news is I had my elcs request approved and I am provisionally booked in on Jan 28th. That's if he stays in that long as waters went at 38+5 with dd.

Oh gosh, that sounds exhausting!

I'll suffer without my coffee, for sure. If I don't get a good cup in the morning, I crave it all day. I can handle that more than I can handle no food at all, though. I think I'd have a harder time with no food after 10 than no food in the morning, at this point. I need a bite before bed or I wake up with a headache.

Oh well. I have awhile before I get there, I'll worry about it when it's closer.

We're finding out the sex this Sunday afternoon. I'm so excited! I hope baby cooperates! I was shockingly patient for awhile - way more patient than I thought I'd be. But once I had the NT scan at 13 weeks and got past the worst of the "Is baby ok??" worry, it freed me up emotionally to get curious about the sex, so we booked a private scan.

wow 10am :o weve to be at ours at 8:30am!

thats fab youve got your section date already hun :) wonder when ill get a provisional date although i want to beat that date :haha: i would love a vbac.

oooo good luck mrsk!! i hope baby co-operates for you xx

I know! I wasn't terribly happy when they made that appointment as last time I was in with a lot of other women having it at 0830. My next one is booked for 0930 so slightly better.

MrsK good luck for the gender scan :) x

its silly isnt it really because they always tell us we have to make sure we eat and drink or we could faint etc.. then they purposefully want us to do it :S
I think most women where i am go for 8am but i cant get to the hospital that early.

how are you guys feeling today? I've just finished cleaning the living room.. kitchen is kinda almost done. :D xx

So I`m 18 weeks today and I still havent felt any movement.. my midwife did say that due to my size i would`nt feel any till later.. im a (uk) trouser size 24..

when did you ladies feel movements with your first?

I was pretty early with both. Only light flutters and not regularly but I was 14 weeks with dd and about 12/13 with this one. I am now getting regular movement and I think that started about 2 weeks ago x

Eta: I am a UK Size 22 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->