any plus size mummies to be?

So I`m 18 weeks today and I still havent felt any movement.. my midwife did say that due to my size i would`nt feel any till later.. im a (uk) trouser size 24..

when did you ladies feel movements with your first?
I was thin when I got pregnant with my son, but I didn't feel him until around 23 weeks or so.

This time I was sure I felt movement around 16 weeks - but probably sooner. And I'm a lot bigger than I was with my son.

You might be feeling him/her and not even know it!

i think i got my first flutters around the 18 week mark hun but no proper movements until 24ish weeks. Although i was only a size 16/18 at the time. This time round im now going into a size 30 (i refuse to pay for maternity pants.. jsut rather buy a size up) and i felt movements from 13/14 weeks. xx

Mrs Lemon I felt flickers at about 13 weeks, and we didn't feel bubs kicking around in there from the outside until 22+5... and that was laying down. I still can't feel the kicks while standing due to extra cushioning but have no probs feeling them now still by laying down.
I am a size 22 which I believe is still a 22 in the UK :)

I finally got my NT results back and everything is low risk :) One less thing to worry about!

I'm hoping to feel movement soon, but at 15 weeks with my first, I'm thinking it's unlikely. I think I'll feel a lot more real and a lot less worrying when I can feel him/her swimming around in there.

I'm in trouble with weight - we stopped at Trader Joe's and alllllllll the pumpkin things are out. We ended up with pumpkin croissants, pumpkin yogurt, pumpkin pancake mix, pumpkin ice cream, and pumpkin ravioli. The only thing DH put in the cart was the ravioli, I prefer my pumpkin in dessert. I think I'll have a bowl of ice cream for dessert.

I hope everyone is feeling ok this weekend.

'MRsK thats fab news :D

It is possible that your feeling movements.. most women the only reason they dont say they feel them till later is because they dont know what they are looking for so miss the first movements and think they are gas etc.

haha i dont want to step on the scales either! we had a take away last night and i had sausage and chips.. it was yummy but i bet its put a few lbs on me!

One more week or so, and then I'm in the last trimester.

Getting closer to seeing her.

Just have to say what my midwife says tomorrow :)

Where are you lovely ladies buying your maternity jeans from? I've got 2 pairs from Next(20&22) but I spend all day pulling the bloody things up :-(
I had lots of nice clothes with my first but got rid because "I'd be thin next time.".....now I can't find anything I like. Boohoo :-(!

I dont buy maternity clothes.. i just get a new pair of pants the next size up. Im going to be looking at things with stretchy waists soon.. atm i wear black pants xx

Hey ladies! So much to catch up on, been a bit lazy with reading lately! Ugh the gtt test.... We have ours at 24 weeks so still have a couple weeks to go but am not a fan of it either!

I felt movements from about 16 weeks but only in past week have they become more regular :)

I have moved across to maternity skirts and tops for work, was finding other stuff too uncomfy. Reckon I look way bigger this time around, will have to take a bump pic for you all soon since you ladies have all been putting them up! They are all lovely too by the way!!

We're having a boy!

I got all my pants secondhand. I think the ones I'm wearing most currently are from Old Navy. I don't remember the other brands.

Congrats MrsK! I can't wait to find out the gender next month!

As far as pants, I still have my old size 26 and 28 from before I lost weight (Currently about a 22/24 depending on cut) and I plan to use those as much as possible.

We're having a boy!

I got all my pants secondhand. I think the ones I'm wearing most currently are from Old Navy. I don't remember the other brands.

Congrats :D

I use either Leggings or Jeggins, but if I use jeans, I attach a bobble or something like that so then I can wear them.

I managed to fit into a pair of new jeans but I didn't see how I could.

Went to the midwife check up appointment today, heard her heartbeat, it's nice and strong.

Got weighed and I've lost about 8 pound since I got my booking appointment after the doctor confirmed I was pregnant. :happydance:

I have no idea how that happened but me and DH are over the moon.

Awwww A boy congratulations how lovely!!!

My 20 week scan is 2 weeks today, everyone is convinced baby is a boy so ill probably be joining you in the blue bundles club :)

Congrats on the blue bumps!
:)
Looks like a mini army is prepping. Loads of boys in my area, aha

A week or two ago, when I weighed myself, I'd gained 3lbs. I hopped on the scale today and the 3lbs is gone. I have no idea how I'm managing to hold steady at just the 5lbs I gained the second I got pregnant, but I'm pretty happy about it. I'm happy to gain anything I need to keep baby healthy, but I hope I can get through the rest of the pregnancy without ballooning.

A week or two ago, when I weighed myself, I'd gained 3lbs. I hopped on the scale today and the 3lbs is gone. I have no idea how I'm managing to hold steady at just the 5lbs I gained the second I got pregnant, but I'm pretty happy about it. I'm happy to gain anything I need to keep baby healthy, but I hope I can get through the rest of the pregnancy without ballooning.

I know how you feel, I felt like I put on weight and I got weighed on Monday by my MW, lost 8lbs :happydance

I've put about 1lbs back on since then as I got weighed yesterday but it's mostly all baby.

Got my last GTT yesterday and I'm bruised really bad ._.

21.5 weeks today! Super popping at this point, YAY!! M B belly is still there but I can tell it is filling in. Maternity pants rock!!!

Attachments

• 21.5 weeks.jpg
    21.5 weeks.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom