any plus size mummies to be?

Cute bump Harlan!! Sorry I'm still stalking you ladies, and hoping to join you in a few weeks ;)

lovely bump harlan

I weighed myself this morning.. back down to 20 stone 5lb :wohoo: only 1lb up on pre-preg weight!

Size 18/20 before pregnancy. 210lbs. 5ft 3.

Attachments

• collage.jpg
    collage.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 15
lovely bump harlan

I weighed myself this morning.. back down to 20 stone 5lb :wohoo: only 1lb up on pre-preg weight!

Wow well done you!! :thumbup:

Lovely bumps Harlan and Paula :)

Dini it's jot a rule that you have to be in 2nd tri, all are welcome so feel free to join in :)

Some people are just rude,

I had a late night meeting yesterday, and my pregnancy came up. In the evening i tend to become bloated and look really pregnant instead of my can only tell if you know me baby bump..and a woman looked at me and said wow your only 4 months your going to be so massive at 9 months... i was in shock didnt know what to say...

I weighed my self this morning and I,ve put on 4lbs since falling pregnant and now feel really big :(

Try to ignore them MrsLemon. People always have an opinion and it is rarely flattering. I have lost count of the number of times I have been asked if there are 2 in there. I just laugh it off. I am 11lbs lighter than pre-pregnancy but I did pop early this time. At least people can tell 'm pregnant ;)

Cute bumps Harlan and Paula!

Good job on the weight maintenance/loss Sethsmummy and Maisie!

MrsLemon, I'm sorry you got a rude comment. People can really be so stupid! And good job on only gaining 4 pounds!

Everyone's pregnancy is different. Some people are going to gain more weight than others. Some will lose weight. As long as there's some healthy eating going on, that's all that can be expected of us right?

25w1d. I CANNOT believe I'm posting this ugly picture in my hideous house clothes. :haha:

I guess I sort of look pregnant...but to me, I look exactly the same as I did before. My husband says I totally look pregnant. I guess I was expecting my whole belly to be round, not just the part above my belly button. My herrnia does stick out a lot more...I can feel it.:shrug:

I felt ok-ish before I took this picture...but now I can see that I'm ENORMOUS. :cry:

Attachments

• 20140919g Copy 25w1d.jpg
    20140919g Copy 25w1d.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 10
Janet you have a gorgeous little bump, in fact you are not huge at all! I am surprised you are 25 weeks here! :D Funny you should say that you are surprised you pop more above the belly button, i am in the same boat. I feel pressure behind my belly button so I think I will pop right out pretty soon, but only the top half of my tummy looks pregnant- i still have the B belly but the bottom isn't as noticable :)

Janet you have a gorgeous little bump, in fact you are not huge at all! I am surprised you are 25 weeks here! :D Funny you should say that you are surprised you pop more above the belly button, i am in the same boat. I feel pressure behind my belly button so I think I will pop right out pretty soon, but only the top half of my tummy looks pregnant- i still have the B belly but the bottom isn't as noticable :)
Thanks hun, very kind of you. Isn't it weird how everyone "pops" differently? And this pregnancy is so different from the one I had with my son....of course that was 90823497239472 years ago.:haha:

This is me now at 27 weeks :)

Attachments

• todayyy 003small.jpg
    todayyy 003small.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 11
  • todayyy 006small.jpg
    todayyy 006small.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 11
I had an appointment today and the scale said I was up SEVEN pounds. I honestly don't believe it, I was holding steady a week ago, and I haven't gained a pound a day.. Their scale is one of the really old manual ones, I'm guessing it was feeling spiteful today, and that combined with my clothes and stuff in my pockets made me look like I gained a lot. The midwife didn't mention it, though.

Here's my latest bump pic, at 16+5. I think I'm starting get to the pregnant end of the "Is she pregnant or fat?" stage.

Attachments

• 16 weeks.jpg
    16 weeks.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 6
I had an appointment today and the scale said I was up SEVEN pounds. I honestly don't believe it, I was holding steady a week ago, and I haven't gained a pound a day.. Their scale is one of the really old manual ones, I'm guessing it was feeling spiteful today, and that combined with my clothes and stuff in my pockets made me look like I gained a lot. The midwife didn't mention it, though.

Here's my latest bump pic, at 16+5. I think I'm starting get to the pregnant end of the "Is she pregnant or fat?" stage.
You look great! Don't worry about those seven pounds, it's probably all water and extra clothes.:hugs:

Thanks, hon. I'm not too upset about the weight gain - it just doesn't seem realistic. I've been weighing in regularly, and there's just no way I gained that much, that fast. I'd believe a couple pounds, but not seven.

I'm heading to my MFM doctor tomorrow. First time seeing an actual MD since I got pregnant... lol. Only thing going on with me now is my feet swelling when I commute to work. Other than that, feel fine. :) Hope everyone else is doing well.

Id happily trade your seven for my total of 19 lbs. But thats total so I guess its not too terrible. I can still see my feet just cant always reach them!

I went for my second 2 Hr GTT test the other day (urgh I HATE THEM) and got results back yesterday, all good news thankfully!
Dr said I passed with no sign of GD, and when I asked what the numbers were I was told 123. I read somewhere that if you have a score of 140+ you have GD. I don't know if that is right?
She also checked my blood pressure (which normally ranges from between 120/70-140/80) and it was 110/70 which I also believe to be good?
I should have asked more questions but they were flat out at the hospital :(
Anyway I have my next growth scan on Thurs next week (29 weeks) and I will book in my very last scan for 34 weeks too :) so exciting!

Edit: Just found this online for anyone who isn't sure either re. GTT test-
How is the oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) done?

The OGTT usually requires that you have the fasting glucose test first. Then you take a dose of high-sugar (glucose) solution to challenge your body to clear the glucose from your blood. After two hours, another blood glucose test is done. The final test results indicate whether you have a normal level of blood glucose or may have prediabetes or diabetes:

Normal: Normal blood sugar levels measure less than 140 mg/dl after the oral glucose tolerance test.
Prediabetes: Blood glucose levels of 140-199 mg/dl after the OGTT is diagnosed as prediabetes. People with these results are considered to have impaired glucose tolerance (IGT).
Diabetes: Diabetes is diagnosed with blood glucose of 200 mg/dl or above.

Ha! You've also got nine weeks on me! If that gain is for real, it brings me up to 12. I'll weigh in at home in a couple days and see where I stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->