any plus size mummies to be?

There are days im glad I dont have a scale at home, lol

Ugh, I have my glucose test in three weeks. The drink is just sitting in my fridge....taunting me. Ive heard its not terrible just flat and mega sweet.

Ok, I got on the scale at home this morning (we only have one because DH wanted it), and it has me up about 5lbs. Still not thrilled. I wouldn't mind gaining 5lbs in the second trimester, but gaining it all at once is kind of worrisome. Then again, I gained my first 5lbs all in one week, too. Maybe I'll just keep gaining 5 at a time every 16 weeks ;)

There are days im glad I dont have a scale at home, lol

Ugh, I have my glucose test in three weeks. The drink is just sitting in my fridge....taunting me. Ive heard its not terrible just flat and mega sweet.

Yeah hun the taste is ok, kind of like flat lemonade and a bit sweeter. They will warn you though that you can feel ill headachy or faint in the hour after drinking it. The first time I did the test (about 18 weeks) I did feel faint for a bit afterwards but i was already sitting down and it went away eventually.
The second time it didn't effect me at all, hopefully you will be fine too :)

I had my 16 week appointment yesterday and they want me to do my 1 hour glucose test whenever I'm ready. I have PCOS and I'm on 2000 mg of Metformin, so she wants me to stop taking it for 3 days and then take the test and then I can resume taking it again. I guess they want to see if my Metformin is managing my blood sugar properly and if I actually have GD being masked by the Metformin. Luckily she didn't have a problem with me continuing to take it the rest of my pregnancy but she didn't think it was a benefit. I then asked well if I had GD, what would the treatment be? She said Metformin... so I was like... ummm hello? :D

But it was a great visit, she said despite all my conditions the baby looks great and he's measuring perfectly and she was actually able to see quite a bit of the anatomy already. His heart was great and they were measuring bone lengths and stuff. I posted another thread in the forum cause we got the funniest ultrasound pic of him doing a "facepalm". Laughed so hard!

Was the first time I had seen an actual doctor this whole time so it was nice to get an "official" status ... she gave me the run down of all the scary stuff because of my weight and my issues but of course she had to tell me those things. She was very nice though and reassured me that as of right now she sees nothing to worry about and nothing that doesn't indicate I can have a perfect pregnancy. :)

The only thing she did find is when I asked if I still had the SCH that I was told about at 5 weeks she was like huh? I don't see anything... she said they might have mistaken an SCH for a fibroid ... she looked around and thought she saw 2 fibroids on the upper part of my uterus near the placenta. She said they were very small and even while she was poking around the shape of them sorta changed so it could just be a weird part of the placenta. She assured me that it was nothing to worry about and didn't see any reason why they would negatively impact the baby at this point. So, I hope she's right.

im glad you had a good appointment hun :D I see my consultant again at 30 weeks and im sure ill get all the "downs" of weight then. I LOVE your ultrasound picture... it is so damn cute!

im glad all you other ladies are doing well :D

Theres been no mention of my GTT yet although i fully expect the midwife to mention it next week. I weighed myself this morning and I am 20 stone 6lb so 2lb up from pre-preg weight.

V day today :D Its flying past so quick! 25 week midwife appointment on the 2nd, anomoly re-scan on the 7th :D fx for a good scan this time and finding out the gender properly!

Glad you had a good appointment, Amythyst!

Hooray for V-Day, Sethsmummy! I can't wait for V Day. My nephew was premature (doing great now!), and even though that has no bearing on my pregnancy, seeing it happen firsthand has probably made premature labor my biggest pregnancy fear. I'll breathe easier when I know he has a chance on the outside.

aww im glad your Nephew is ok hun! im not surprised its your big fear after seeing it happen to someone close to you! :hugs:

not long till you hit V day too hun! it all seems to be going so fast this time. with my boys it went soooo slow! but now im starting to panick that iv not bought anything yet lol. need to know gender first :dohh: xx

Thanks, hon :) It was a scary couple months when he was born! We're damn lucky he doesn't seem to have any lasting issues, besides being a bit behind on some baby milestones (which I hear is totally normal for a preemie his age). I guess I should find that reassuring, if anything.

Did anyone's appetite drop right around when they started to really show? I figure it's probably the baby squishing my stomach. I was constantly starving up til the past week or two, and now I have to remind myself to eat breakfast, and it's all small meals. I drank a quart of chocolate milk a few nights ago (oops) and completely spoiled my dinner.

yep! i have only just kind of got my apetite back (hense how im managing to keep my weight under control :haha: ) i rarely have a nightime meal or breakfast and im lucky if i can fit in lunch. a sandwich and im full! x

I'm always hungry these days!
Some cute bumps lately.
I've gotten some maternity clothes and underthings so I can actually look round now instead of just squishing into my normal clothes and looking fatter than normal.

No more GTT's at all :happydance:

Good thing is, feeling baba kick 10+ times during the day, but more when her daddy and brother is around :lol:

Woppee crimson! thats great news! :D :D

im dreading my gtt this time round tbh i have a horrible feeling im going to fail it. xx

Woppee crimson! thats great news! :D :D

im dreading my gtt this time round tbh i have a horrible feeling im going to fail it. xx

You never know your luck... I was convinced I wouldn't pass this time either, I haven't been strict with my sugar intake- in fact I have been naughty a fair bit lately. When do you do yours?

nobody has mentioned it yet but its usually at 28 weeks. Ill be asking the midwife next week if ive not had a letter or anything. Iv never watched my sugar intake in either pregnancy but iv been lucky the last 2 times. Im a lot bigger this time round so just have this sneaky feeling im going to fail. xx

Me today at 28 weeks. You can really tell I am pregnant now :D :happydance:

Attachments

• more newbies 124.jpg
    more newbies 124.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 8
  • more newbies 125.jpg
    more newbies 125.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 7
when did you get a letter or booked in for the glucose test thing.. I`ve been told numerous times ill need to do it but not sure when ill be told when it is. as ill need to book it off work x

its usually done between 28-32 weeks hun. Iv not had mine mentioned yet but ill be asking at my 25 week midwife appointment. I need to fit it around ds1's nursery and other appointments xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->