any plus size mummies to be?

how many (if any) growth scans are you ladies being sent for?

Im being sent for 1 whilst my friend is being sent for 3...

my bmi is high 40s hers is just under 31? It my 1st baby and her 3rd but her previous 2 were normal weights- same hospital but different midwife/ gp..
Find it so strange how things vary for no reason?

what week is yur scan hun?

i get growth scans at 30,33 and 36 (ds1 was very small for gestation) and now add on GD if i hadnt alread had them booked i sure would have now.

if your scans booked for 28 weeks then depending on those results they may book more. xx

its week 32 :) i don`t mind not having more, i was just curious at the varying amounts offered :)

I think it all just depends on the reasons why they are doing them tbh hun. Mine were booked because of ds1's size and because im a big woman. My bp normally goes high towards the end so they need to scan more as it can effect the baby at any point from 30 weeks. With this being your first theyre probably just seeing how it goes :) xx

I get one growth scan by default. I'm sure there's a chance of more if they feel they need them, but there's only one definite.

I'm getting one which is next Monday.
Unless there's a concern or whatever, then I think it's just one.

I had a growth scan at 30 weeks, and I have another booked in at 34 weeks. I believe that will be it for me, although that depends on the results of that last scan.
At my 30week they said my uterus measures 4 weeks ahead of time but bubs measures within normal range. Don't know what that means but they weren't concerned

im glad all the scans are going well.

need to go to the chemist and get more needles and strips for my blood glucose meter but the weather is horrendous!

My gestational diabetes test is scheduled for mid-November. I don't have to fast, thankfully, but I'm advised to avoid carby stuff the day before.

The midwife was ok with my weight gain so far. It's more than ideal, but she seems to understand that no two pregnant women are the same, and baby and breasts and such all add weight. I do need to get it under control a little better, though. I forgot to ask her what the goal is for now, so I'm going to stick to "don't balloon."

We'll see how my weight is come Monday, fingers crossed I haven't put too much on or I've lost a little bit.
It just feels like it's ages away :coffee:

Glad everyone is okay though :)

My gestational diabetes test is scheduled for mid-November. I don't have to fast, thankfully, but I'm advised to avoid carby stuff the day before.

The midwife was ok with my weight gain so far. It's more than ideal, but she seems to understand that no two pregnant women are the same, and baby and breasts and such all add weight. I do need to get it under control a little better, though. I forgot to ask her what the goal is for now, so I'm going to stick to "don't balloon."

:haha: OMG I love this!!! This is what we should all strive for! :happydance: haha

We'll see how my weight is come Monday, fingers crossed I haven't put too much on or I've lost a little bit.
It just feels like it's ages away :coffee:

Glad everyone is okay though :)

Fingers crossed for you! :)
I dropped weight (hormones I guess) I lost around 5kgs from my pre-preg weight, but now I am now exactly what I weighed pre-preg. So technically I haven't put on any weight from start to now- almost 32 weeks- so we will see what I land on by week 40! :dohh:

I only had one growth scan at 36 weeks. I'm now getting weekly biophysicals though due to gestational hypertension.

good luck for weigh ins guys. yesterday i was sat at 20 stone 8.. my starting weight was 20 stone 4.. so im doing good so far :)

scary day today.. we are setting off soon for our consultant scan to see how bad baby's kidney problems are. dreading it! xx

Hope everything comes back ok, Sethsmummy. I'll be thinking of you, waiting for an update.

Is anybody else with GD having trouble with your fasting number? All my other numbers are just fine...but my fasting number in the morning has been consistently around 103 or so... one morning it was 110. I am unsure what exactly I should be eating before bed and at what time before bed for optimal sugar level when I wake up.

Also, how long after going to bed are you checking your fasting number? Sometimes I go to bed really late and still get up really early... so, I'm not sure if my numbers are thrown off because I haven't slept very long.

I tried to create a new thread group for GD but it seems nobody wants to. ;)

and Yes, Seth's mum, good luck on your scan!!! :D

Thank you. Scan went fab. They found both kidneys and the dilation is only borderline so all is good. He's head down and measuring two weeks ahead.

I am.struggling with my fasting numbers too Hun. I go-to sleep around nine and get up around seven. It's got to me minimum of 8 hours Hun for your fasting numbers. Mine are supposed to be below 6 but I'm always roughly 6.7 plus. Not too bad but not great either xx

Glad to hear that Mum! Did they say anything about the baby being 2 weeks ahead? Mine was 1 week ahead at 19 weeks but she said it was still "ok".

I guess I'm not the only one with the fasting problem.... I wonder if I should skip the fasting number if I'm asleep less than 8 hours. I'll have to ask them. Wow, you get a lot of sleep! I never go to bed before midnight and either get up at 6AM or around 8:30 AM.

I guess you are measuring your numbers different than we do. Mine is supposed to be below 90 fasting but same as you, its not HORRIBLE but its still in the 100's... driving me batty since like I just took it now after my lunch and it was only 108 and its supposed to be less than 150.

I'm just so worried the baby is going to be huge... :( I don't go back for another scan till November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->