any plus size mummies to be?

Thanks for the lovely words and the concern. still feel anxious when out by busy roads.
But baby is absolutely fine and kicking away and I have some nasty bruised and a few grazes so I think I`ve been VERY lucky :)

haha i love how they are stubborn during the scan and wont move but as soon as your done all hell breaks loose in your tummy :haha: I hope Rohan behaves for his scan on Tuesday. Find out just how far ahead he is measuring.. i feel and look huge all of a sudden.

lemon - how are you hun? xx

i hope everyone is doing ok :) im shattered all the time and the spd is horrendous. xx

Haha, I know. She has a powerful kick so she's either stubborn or tries to kick the wand way so they can't get to her properly :haha:

Glad you're okay Lemon as well as your baby too, I wouldn't blame you for being nervous around roads :hugs:

glad your ok MrsLemon.. i hope the bruises fade soon hun :hugs:

pmsl Crimson.. i wonder if Rohan will be like that tomorrow.

ok so according to my wii i have gained 6lb in one week since starting the metformin :growlmad: Im so upset! I am doing everything in my power to not gain a lot of weight and here it is just appearing :( Im hardly eating as it is so i cant cut down any more than i already have. Im not going hungry but i cant fit in a full size meal either. Im not even snacking between meals. :cry:

I'm sorry, Sethsmummy :( It seems like some women just gain during pregnancy no matter what they do, and some women don't. All you can do is just try to stick to a healthy diet.

I just weighed in, and I managed to only gain 3lbs after a week on a cruise. No gain would be better, but after eating whatever I wanted for a week (and a pretty different diet from what I eat at home), I can live with 3lbs in 10 days. I really need to get it together and lay off the cookies, though.

Do you girls care if I hop in here once in a while? I've been reading but not posting except a time or two because most of you are so much further along than I am. I feel like I'm finally getting there though lol.

Thanks mrsk I know really it's not that bad and I can try loose it but I just hate the thought of gaining.anything. and we'll done you! That's fab ... did you enjoy your holiday?

Hey dini of course you can join in :) there's no specific stage in this group :D

It was great, thanks! So nice to have everything done for me for a whole week. I sure miss being rocked to sleep, though.

I'm not looking forward to losing baby weight, either, but I guess there's bound to be some. Hopefully breastfeeding will help. It's so unfair, I already lost all this weight, I shouldn't have to do it again! ;)

The more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned, Dini. I need someone to talk to after all these ladies have their babies!

Thanks MrsKChicago, that was one of my thoughts lol, there ladies will have their babies and I'd be it on the thread lol. Also thanks sethsmummy, and I feel ya, I lost about 6lbs after my bfp, but around 12 weeks my appetite returned and at 13 weeks sciatica started in and by now it's pretty bad and I've gained all 6lbs back. I'd like to not gaine more than about another 2lbs through the second trimester but I know that's unlikely.

I did start an Aqua Zumba class but can only make it about 1 day a week, it's fun and easy on my back but not much of a workout honestly.

Yo can do it mrsk! I will be far busting after Rohan. I have roughly 6 stone to loose! Currently sat at 20 stone 11lb :dohh: I started at 20 stone 4.

Growth scan in the morning woo! Can't wait to see bubba. I hope I get to meet my.New consultant tomorrow I really do. Won't be happy if I don't.

Happy Monday! Hope everyone is doing well! :D

@Seth's Mum: Fear not! If you just started Metformin for the first time, it might take a while for your body to adjust to it. I know mine did! You could be retaining water or maybe your system is backed up. What dosage are you on? I'm on the max of 2000 mg a day but I've been taking it for years and years.

I actually keep losing weight... I'm down 9 pounds now from my pre-pregnancy weight. I have started taking insulin at night to cover my fasting number... which has been working well until today. Today it was 96 instead of 90 or lower. I'm finding the diet a bit hard to live with but doable. I did get some Low GI cookbooks and have made a few recipes from there which have been good. I have this nice breakfast one of sauteed berries over french toast. I found this "carb style" bread that only has 7g per slice and its pretty good. I also made some egg omelette muffin thingies... its basically an omelette in a muffin and I put sausage, cheese and onions in it. Its a modified Weight Watchers recipe and they are really cool when you're on the go or don't feel like cooking. They don't really move my sugar at all - so, its a nice snack.

I'm also annoyed I still can't feel the baby. Shouldn't that start by now? I do have an anterior placenta but I just thought by week 21 I'd feel something. :(

We've found some really excellent Weight Watchers recipes. I really ought to dig out my WW cookbooks and use them more. Even if I'm not tracking points, they're a lot more balanced than what I'm eating now.

I'm 22 +4 and barely feeling anything with my anterior placenta. It's low, and as of my last ultrasound, T is breech, so I'm guessing all his kicks go straight into the placenta. I feel a bit of movement now and then (I think), but nothing really solid, and I can go days with nothing. I'm glad to have a reason, but it's really frustrating. I was hoping to have the reassurance of feeling movement by now. On the other hand, the extended due date calculator on Countdown to Pregnancy gives me until November 13 as the normal range for first feeling movement, so even though it seems like it's taking forever, I'm not technically behind.

i'm 21 weeks today and think I feel kicks but can't be sure. The wait seems so long. I havent been told anything about my placenta either so I'm trying to be patient and stay calm. I have anatomy scan on Friday.

@Seth - she done it again today, midwife tried the doppler on her, got her heartbeat fantastic to start with then she decided to move around and try and move it away :lol:

Had my midwife check up, BP is fine, so was water sample. Bloods came back great and baby is perfectly fine. She's still 5/5 but it looks like she could be moving down soon :happydance:

I lost 0.3kg since I got weighed last week :happydance:
I have no idea how I'm shedding this weight, I'm never this good usually :lol:
Also, booked in for the Whooping Cough vaccine on Saturday to help protect little bubs from getting it, especially since the number of death for young babies/newborns the past 2 years (I think) has shot up :(
Got to make sure she's fine, especially at Christmas time. Still refuse to get the flu jab though :|

Hey everyone,
Peeking back in to see how everyone is doing. 3rd trimester is still quiet terrifing so I dont come around as often. Im really glad everyone seems to be doing well and that all babies are still healthy and active!

:)

Hi girls, just peeking in to say Hi. I seem to have lost 2lbs, but i know my weight fluctuates and I didn't eat much yesterday. I'm trying to eat healthy but it doesn't always work so well. I at least usually pack a good lunch for work and this weekend we are all taking snacks, so I'm bringing a fruit tray so I know there will be something there that will be healthy lol.

Still no visible bump for me, unless I lay down then you can see the round area below my belly button, but since I'm so fluffy in that area I didn't really expect to see anything yet. 17 weeks for me tomorrow. I just can't wait to get to 20 weeks. DH and I agreed we aren't shopping or anything until after 20 weeks, although at 18w4d we are having a gender scan and I know when I go out the following week for Black Friday, I'll be 19w6d that day, that if they have great deals I may just cave and buy. We wanted to wait until the anomaly scan but I don't even know when that will be yet, so I suppose I can always return things if needed. When did you ladies start to shop??

We haven't done any big shopping because a lot of stuff will go on the registry, and also there's nowhere to put it yet. I started buying cheap secondhand clothes around 10 weeks when I happened across cute stuff, and bought a few new outfits after our 16 week gender scan. I'll continue to pick up things that are just too cute to resist, but it'll be awhile before we do big shopping, I think. If I wasn't having a shower, I'd have gone ahead and started buying big stuff once we found out the sex, I think.

Proxy I am with you when you say third trimester can be terrifying! I am now over 34 weeks and am suffering terrible reflux (non food related) even after a sip of water sometimes, or four hours after eating one damned banana its ridiculous!
Anyway I too haven't posted on here much lately as I feel I haven't had anything to contribute, mostly because all I am doing these days is whinging which I try not to inflict onto everyone else LOL :)
Dini I started to shop when I was about 12weeks but because we aren't finding out the gender until birth we haven't brought HEAPS, we have enough basics to get us through but all the 'cutsie' stuff can wait. We figure that once bub's birth is announced people can be generous if they like and will probably buy the frilly dresses or cute overalls associated with the gender, and we can buy whatever afterwards.
Besides we don't know what size bubs will be until they are actually here, so it could end up costing you far more than it should if you go a little crazy with outfits (even though it's hard not to, baby clothes are so darned cute!).

I weighed myself this morning..

I`ve put on a stone :( absolutely gutted ... Ive been trying so hard to not eat rubbish. :(

Don't forget all the extra retained water and blood volume and the weight of the baby and uterus and amniotic fluid, hon. Just cuz baby only weighs two pounds doesn't mean that only 2 pounds of that weight is justified!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->