any plus size mummies to be?

thanks guys :D

no nothing was said about him being ahead but i have my first proper growth scan soon so i guess if anything my consultant will mention it after that scan. I also have my first diabetic consultant visit next week so we shall see what she says.
tbh hun i dont think baby will be huge unless your numbers are sky high :hugs: with me before meals my numbers are supposed to be between 4-6mmol and 1 hour after meals its supposed to be below 8 mmol. xx

Hmm yea your numbering for sugars are different than mine, so I dunno what they mean hehe. I sent in my readings for this week today and they are putting me on insulin before I go to bed at night. Blah!!!

:hugs: dont worry its not so bad. My sister was on insulin with each of her last three pregnancies and she said its not so bad :) I have a feeling ill get the exact same when i go see the consultant on Tuesday. I have no idea how were supposed to control it overnight when we are sleeping :dohh:

My fasting number are pretty good, usually around 79 or so. My A1c is still holding steady at 5.6% throughout this pregnancy so far. Baby is still measuring two days behind his due date, but my doc scheduled my induction for 39 weeks because of the diabetes.

@Seth's Mum: I know right! What I don't get... is why my body can manage sugar during the day when I'm awake but not at night. And what I mean is... for example, the day they gave me the sugar meter, I had breakfast at 9:00 AM and then forgot to eat and didn't eat anything after that and into the afternoon. I then went to the appointment (starving) and by the time they tested my sugar it was 4:00PM and I had gone all day without eating a thing. They checked my sugar right there and it was 76. So, if I'm awake and I don't eat anything my body is ok but if I eat something before I go to sleep and check it when I wake up, its 103(ish). Guess our bodies just act differently in sleep vs. being awake. I even tried the "eat a serving of real ice cream before bed" trick to see if my fasting number would be normal today.... nope!

I hope its not too bad. I've had PCOS for many years but never had to deal with diabetes... so, I really hope this goes away after giving birth. On the plus side, I weighed myself the other day and I am now down 7 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight... so, I had to get pregnant to lose weight! Haha!

SwtPink, glad to hear you're doing ok! So, you're being induced and not having to do a c-section?

It sucks doesn't it. I'm struggling with all of my numbers tbh. Can't compare them to yours though with it being measured different lol. My fasting number this morning was 6.9 , it would be below 6 :dohh:

I am debating the whole section front personally too. My midwife told me ill prob be induced at 38 weeks. But due to previous section I can't be induced properly. They can only break my waters (which I am scared off as that's how I was induced with my first and it didn't go well) so I think I'm going to find out my cut off date on Tuesday from the diabetic clinic and then when I see my consultant I want a section booked for that date but I will try everything to go naturally before hand. Xx

@Amythest, I really hope it doesn't turn in to having to be a section. My plan was a natural with no epidural, but I have read so much about inductions turning into c sections that I'm a little nervous.

@Amythest, I really hope it doesn't turn in to having to be a section. My plan was a natural with no epidural, but I have read so much about inductions turning into c sections that I'm a little nervous.

just dont let them make you have to stay on your back on the bed all the time hun. thats when it is more likely to lead to a section or assisted delivery xx

Sorry I've been a bit MIA ladies but got a few updates :)

Bloods got taken and everything came back perfectly clear and so did my GTT results :happydance:

Had my first growth scan yesterday and everything is perfect with baby. She's weighing 4lbs 3oz (I think) which is perfect for how big she is right now. Everything is perfect with her too, she's measuring the right size for her EDD too :D She's laying on her left side with her back facing my right hand side and she's still head down :happydance:
I also lost some more weight (but compared to when I last got weighed, I've only put on a little bit of weight :D), only down side was blood pressure was a bit higher than normal.
I have another growth scan and clinic appointment on the 17th November :3

Went for a consultation with the anesthetist today and by the looks of it, I might not need an epidural or spinal blocker, but I have to keep it in mind and it won't affect my asthma either.

Hope is all well with you ladies <3

Bloods got taken and everything came back perfectly clear and so did my GTT results :happydance:

Had my first growth scan yesterday and everything is perfect with baby. She's weighing 4lbs 3oz (I think) which is perfect for how big she is right now. Everything is perfect with her too, she's measuring the right size for her EDD too :D She's laying on her left side with her back facing my right hand side and she's still head down :happydance:
I also lost some more weight (but compared to when I last got weighed, I've only put on a little bit of weight :D), only down side was blood pressure was a bit higher than normal.

Went for a consultation with the anesthetist today and by the looks of it, I might not need an epidural or spinal blocker, but I have to keep it in mind and it won't affect my asthma either.

I've been a bit MIA lately too. :flower:

Awesome news about your blood work and GTT!!:happydance:It must be a giant load off your mind.

Wonderful news about your scan. Sounds like she's perfect. And great job on the weight loss.:thumbup:

I'm confused about what you said about your asthma. Can you not have an epidural or spinal with asthma?

crimson - glad everything is going well for you :D i hope your bp behaves!

i saw the diabetic team today and have to start on medication. :dohh: back next week to see them again after my first growth scan :D x

Horray for the lucky pass on GTT scan! I envy you! :)

@Seth's Mum, ugh meds. I had to start doing Insulin at night and so far it didn't work at all the first night but this morning my fasting was 89 which is right where its supposed to be so I dunno if it just takes a bit to build up.

Since starting my new diabetic diet, I've lost 7 pounds. So, I'm down from my pre-pregnancy weight ... my OB today was very happy about it. She also told me the way I'm eating now I should be doing for the rest of my life. Ugh. Doctors. ;)

Got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler today, so that was nice. Otherwise everything is situation normal. I'm waiting for my B belly to turn into a real belly... I'm tired of people not knowing I'm pregnant and just thinking I'm hella fat! :D

terrible 24 hours, yesterday I spent 7 hours in hospital after getting knocked over by a bus ... got sent to a hospital in an ambulance that does`nt have maternity services - so when a guy did my ultra sound he kept saying how he was`nt used to looking for babies.. and ended the scan saying well I cant find a heartbeat but it looks like he is moving so he must be fine :( eventually he located a Doppler and after about 5 mins found a heart beat thank goodness..
finally got sent home with lots of bruises and grazes but baby is fine.. had a midwife appointment this morning and she found heartbeat straight away and it was so so strong and she even said that despite my weight all my tests are coming back so good and shes very impressed with how text book my pregnancy is going..
SO
my pregnancy tip of the day has to be don`t get hit by a bus when pregnant...

Since starting my new diabetic diet, I've lost 7 pounds. So, I'm down from my pre-pregnancy weight ... my OB today was very happy about it. She also told me the way I'm eating now I should be doing for the rest of my life. Ugh. Doctors. ;)

Got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler today, so that was nice. Otherwise everything is situation normal. I'm waiting for my B belly to turn into a real belly... I'm tired of people not knowing I'm pregnant and just thinking I'm hella fat! :D
Good job losing those 7 pounds! Glad everything's going well.

terrible 24 hours, yesterday I spent 7 hours in hospital after getting knocked over by a bus ... got sent to a hospital in an ambulance that does`nt have maternity services - so when a guy did my ultra sound he kept saying how he was`nt used to looking for babies.. and ended the scan saying well I cant find a heartbeat but it looks like he is moving so he must be fine :( eventually he located a Doppler and after about 5 mins found a heart beat thank goodness..
finally got sent home with lots of bruises and grazes but baby is fine.. had a midwife appointment this morning and she found heartbeat straight away and it was so so strong and she even said that despite my weight all my tests are coming back so good and shes very impressed with how text book my pregnancy is going..
SO
Holy cow!! I'm sorry that happened to you and I'm so glad you and baby are ok.:hugs:

i saw the diabetic team today and have to start on medication. :dohh: back next week to see them again after my first growth scan :D x
Bummer that you have to be on meds, but hopefully it will control your sugar. Did they give you any direction on an eating plan?:flower:

OMG hun!! im so glad your both ok!! <3 <3 that must have been so scary :hugs:

I've been a bit MIA lately too. :flower:

Awesome news about your blood work and GTT!!:happydance:It must be a giant load off your mind.

Wonderful news about your scan. Sounds like she's perfect. And great job on the weight loss.:thumbup:

I'm confused about what you said about your asthma. Can you not have an epidural or spinal with asthma?

crimson - glad everything is going well for you :D i hope your bp behaves!

Thank ladies :D

@JanetPlanet - I can have one and it won't be no affect. The only thing that would be is if the amount they put in numbed higher then my boobs then it could feel like I can't breath, but I have nothing to worry about at all :happydance:

@sethsmummy - so do I, she thinks it's because I was up and down and little miss kept moving around, she wouldn't stay still after the scan :lol:
When she moves a lot, my heart beats faster.

SO
Holy crap!
Glad you are ok! What a terrible ordeal to have to cope with , I'd be a mess! :cry:
But thank you for sharing your tip there MrsL- I will be sure not to follow in your footsteps any time soon :dohh:

haha i love how they are stubborn during the scan and wont move but as soon as your done all hell breaks loose in your tummy :haha: I hope Rohan behaves for his scan on Tuesday. Find out just how far ahead he is measuring.. i feel and look huge all of a sudden.

lemon - how are you hun? xx

i hope everyone is doing ok :) im shattered all the time and the spd is horrendous. xx

Oh my god, Lemon, I'm glad you're ok. That must have been terrifying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->