any plus size mummies to be?

I got my gtt results back

fasting sample measured 4.3 mmol/L
2 hour Sample 6.9 mmol/L

Letter says within normal limits can anyone tell me what the cut offs are?

Just a quick drop in.

Has a check up on Monday.
BP is fine, little miss is fine, still head down and her heartbeat is nice and strong.
I lost another 0.6kg since last week :happydance:
I have no idea how I'm doing it :lol:

Looks like I might not be long until she's here, my BH are becoming a lot more stronger when I get them (still irregular and not lasting that long), plus I can feel a bit of pressure when I lay down or walk for a while.

I have another growth scan on Monday so we'll see how she's doing and I also have the clinic as well, so fingers crossed, everything is all right.

Super excited and nervous at the same time.
Can't believe I've got just over 5 weeks left in the last tri :3

Hope all you ladies are fine and well, as so are your little bundles too :)

I got my gtt results back

fasting sample measured 4.3 mmol/L
2 hour Sample 6.9 mmol/L

Letter says within normal limits can anyone tell me what the cut offs are?

will have to catch up with you ladies soon :D

The limits i have are

fasting should be between 4 and 6 mmol/L
1 hour after a meal should be under 8 mmol/L

not sure what 2 hours after should be though hun as mine only goes off 1 hour after. xx

:hi: Hi everyone. I know many here are nearing the end of your pregnancy and might not find this important anymore. But just wanted you all to know that I started a thread asking for a plus size pregnancy forum. So far I haven't had a response yet. If you would like that too maybe commenting on that thread will make a difference. :shrug:

Here is a link to it. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/2254995-forum-suggestion-plus-size.html

Amethyst you are adorable and most certainly look pregnant!!

I still have nothing to show but I'm pretty sure my uterus is pushing my upper belly up and making me looks so much fatter than usual. I could do without that!!

DH saw a video of a girl doing a paper mâché mold of her bump and breasts and asked if I was going to and I laughed and said no because my bump won't be cute. That made me sad, I think he wants me to and is looking forward to me looking pregnant and I just feel like I'm taking something away from him, I can deal with it for me but he seemed disappointed. ;-(

Give it some time! You may decide you love the idea in a few months when you're looking more bumpy :)

thanks for starting that thread lady slipper.. i hope we get listened to. It would be nice to have our own little section so everything isnt lost on one big thread. Theres just some stuff i wouldnt feel comfortable posting in the normal forum especially if its deemed to be weight related. kinda makes you feel poo when your posting your 20 stone and someone else is there saying they feel fat at like 13/14 stone :haha: makes me wanna bang my head off a wall :ignore:

Lol sethsmummy, you are so right about wanting to bang your head on a wall!!

i feel mean saying it sometimes but seriously i would LOVE to be 13/14 stone. In fact thats my end goal! so to hear people say thats "fat" really kills me because to get there im going to have to loose around 6/7 stone after baby and to think id still be classed as fat after that... well.. thats a downer if ever i knew one lol x

I dunno what stones are.... but I would think stones would be lighter than pounds! hehehe. :)

I wish i could control myself but i just seem to have no will power... cant say no to anything I fancy... and its rarely an apple I fancy...

I wish i could control myself but i just seem to have no will power... cant say no to anything I fancy... and its rarely an apple I fancy...

Couldn't have said it better myself!!

I ate pizza yesterday and DH got donuts and so I had pizza and do its for breakfast. Geesh!!

For dinner I made grilled chicken, broccoli and whole grain Mac n cheese so at least that was healthy. However I got the desire to make homemade chocolate chip cookies and had at least 4! So scared to get on the scale Tuesday. I can tell I've put on at least 5lbs since I was on it last.

I am the same way, I just want to eat what I want to eat. But, now that I have GD and I can affect my baby negatively by what I eat... its a little easier to stick to my diet... its easy to do the right thing when someone else's life is at stake. :D

How are you finding the GD Hun? I'm finding it seriously hard to find things I can eat xx

I survived the glucose drink! I'm not sure when I get my results - I'm guessing in a couple days like the other tests they've done. But I'm just glad to have made it through the test without feeling sick, after everything I've heard about it.

Baby's definitely thunking around more, despite the anterior placenta. Fundus measurement was right on target, BP is good, and the midwife today was able to find the heartbeat on doppler right away, which was pretty impressive with all the searching the others have had to do.

I almost bought a pumpkin cheesecake today, but I guess I should wait and see if I'm allowed to eat an entire cheesecake first ;)

I'm 23 weeks and haven't had the sugary drink test yet. When do they usually do it? I won't see a doc until 26 weeks

How are you finding the GD Hun? I'm finding it seriously hard to find things I can eat xx

Really? I find I can eat most things as long as I know where to get them and how many carbs I can take. I found a website called netrition.com where I can order lots of baking things, snacks and bread products.

I found Shirataki noodles that have like no carbs and make a good substitute for spaghetti noodles. I found some low carb pita breads, wraps, and actual loaves of bread that have 5 net carbs.

I snack on atkins bars. I eat salads... I eat lots of meats... cheese...crackers...

I can eat brown rice and potatoes in moderation. Whole wheat stuff is good as well.

I ordered some Diabetes cookbooks and found a lot of nice recipes there. I even made myself a diabetic cheesecake out of cottage cheese, cream cheese and sugar free jello! ;)

If you want some more tips or recipes, let me know!

I'm 23 weeks and haven't had the sugary drink test yet. When do they usually do it? I won't see a doc until 26 weeks

You should be getting it soon... I was high risk for it, so I had my test at like 16 weeks (which was positive).

I just did mine at 24+4. I think it's typically done between 24 and 28 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->