any plus size mummies to be?

Hi ladies. Had my appt today, I'm guessing that I'll get the GD testing at not my next one but the one after at around 25 weeks but the subject hasn't come up.

Bp and Urine tests all good. I gained 5lbs 7 on their scale since I was bundled up for the weather. I knew I gained a bunch :-(

Mw couldn't find the heartbeat after a very long time, didn't even hear movement so I got an ultrasound. All is good, baby was sleeping and its butt was facing the front so probably why we didn't hear it. I was a nervous wreck and so scared I'd lost the baby. However it's all good and she even showed me that we are having a :blue: BOY :blue:

My gender scan is tomorrow actually lol. It's just a private one and since DH wasn't there today I'm keeping it a secret.

I'm happy its a boy, really didn't matter to me although I've alwasy dreamt of a girl and most certainly want one but I'm still thrilled its a boy!

My actual anomaly scan isn't until December 8th at just over 21 weeks so still a few weeks away. I really wanted to wait until then to do any shopping or put anything on fb about being pregnant and I'm getting impatient!!

How are you finding the GD Hun? I'm finding it seriously hard to find things I can eat xx

Really? I find I can eat most things as long as I know where to get them and how many carbs I can take. I found a website called netrition.com where I can order lots of baking things, snacks and bread products.

I found Shirataki noodles that have like no carbs and make a good substitute for spaghetti noodles. I found some low carb pita breads, wraps, and actual loaves of bread that have 5 net carbs.

I snack on atkins bars. I eat salads... I eat lots of meats... cheese...crackers...

I can eat brown rice and potatoes in moderation. Whole wheat stuff is good as well.

I ordered some Diabetes cookbooks and found a lot of nice recipes there. I even made myself a diabetic cheesecake out of cottage cheese, cream cheese and sugar free jello! ;)

If you want some more tips or recipes, let me know!

jelous.com lol. Bread sends me over (even the one the diabetic nurse told me i should be able to have) 2 slices and im over my targets. I cant handle meat bar a little chicken it all makes me sick (its a pregnancy thing.. usually love meat) and crackers send me over too lol. potatoes send me way over inc 1 sweet potatoe :dohh:

I was back at the clinic yesterday and am now on slow acting insulin over night and fast acting insulin before every meal

Hi ladies. Had my appt today, I'm guessing that I'll get the GD testing at not my next one but the one after at around 25 weeks but the subject hasn't come up.

Bp and Urine tests all good. I gained 5lbs 7 on their scale since I was bundled up for the weather. I knew I gained a bunch :-(

Mw couldn't find the heartbeat after a very long time, didn't even hear movement so I got an ultrasound. All is good, baby was sleeping and its butt was facing the front so probably why we didn't hear it. I was a nervous wreck and so scared I'd lost the baby. However it's all good and she even showed me that we are having a :blue: BOY :blue:

My gender scan is tomorrow actually lol. It's just a private one and since DH wasn't there today I'm keeping it a secret.

I'm happy its a boy, really didn't matter to me although I've alwasy dreamt of a girl and most certainly want one but I'm still thrilled its a boy!

My actual anomaly scan isn't until December 8th at just over 21 weeks so still a few weeks away. I really wanted to wait until then to do any shopping or put anything on fb about being pregnant and I'm getting impatient!!

congratulations on your boy hun! so sorry he gave you a scare though! that must have been awful.

jelous.com lol. Bread sends me over (even the one the diabetic nurse told me i should be able to have) 2 slices and im over my targets. I cant handle meat bar a little chicken it all makes me sick (its a pregnancy thing.. usually love meat) and crackers send me over too lol. potatoes send me way over inc 1 sweet potatoe :dohh:

I was back at the clinic yesterday and am now on slow acting insulin over night and fast acting insulin before every meal

Hmmm...interesting! I hope I won't get to be just like you. I wonder if its just cause you're farther along than I am. What is the NET carbs on the bread you're eating? The bread I am eating is called "Carb Style" and only has 5 net carbs per slice.

Sucks you're having issues with tolerating certain foods. I haven't had any of that pregnancy stuff with food aversions or smells bothering me.

I can only eat small amounts of potatoes. I am ok with brown rice and whole wheat pasta though. If you like noodles, I would try to get some Shirataki noodles (they usually come in liquid) - they have like no carbs in them. Think they are soy based.

Crackers are tough... I did find some whole wheat crackers that I can eat with some cheese. I can only have 4-5 of them though.

A yummy thing I like is making chicken noodle soup. I take chicken broth (which has next to no carbs in it), put some chicken in it with some celery, carrots and peas and then the Shirataki noodles. It is light and stores in the fridge well.

The other weird thing is I can drink coffee with real sugar (not a whole lot of course) but it doesn't seem to bother me.

Hugs! I hope the insulin works out... so far, I'm only on the long acting insulin at night time cause my fasting numbers are always a little high. I'm on the lowest dose right now, but I'm still slightly over the max sometimes when I check in the morning. My doctor seems to think I will get to where you are as well and require insulin before every meal.... but I really hope not. :(

Dini- congratulations on your boy :D

A quick update for you lovely ladies.

Had my scan and clinic on Monday and I couldn't be more happier.

Little miss is measuring fine. Her heartbeat is still strong. She's still head down and she weighs (at the point of scanning) 6lbs 4oz :happydance:

Had my clinic appoinment and I've offically been discharged back into the care of my midwife for the rest of my pregnancy.
I weighed in at 129.2kg and they are really pleased with me. I've lost weight since my booking in weight and I've been maintaining it really good, even though I've been going up and down (and not getting any where near what the booking in weight was). Which is good with the weight of little miss and everything else in there too :D

Hope all you ladies are all right :)

That's great news, CrimsonZombie!

I got a call from the midwife and my GTT results came back normal. What a relief! I'm also dealing with meat aversions, and I wasn't looking forward to trying to manage a diabetic diet when I can only manage 3 or 4oz of meat a day.

Hmmm...interesting! I hope I won't get to be just like you. I wonder if its just cause you're farther along than I am. What is the NET carbs on the bread you're eating? The bread I am eating is called "Carb Style" and only has 5 net carbs per slice.

Sucks you're having issues with tolerating certain foods. I haven't had any of that pregnancy stuff with food aversions or smells bothering me.

I can only eat small amounts of potatoes. I am ok with brown rice and whole wheat pasta though. If you like noodles, I would try to get some Shirataki noodles (they usually come in liquid) - they have like no carbs in them. Think they are soy based.

Crackers are tough... I did find some whole wheat crackers that I can eat with some cheese. I can only have 4-5 of them though.

A yummy thing I like is making chicken noodle soup. I take chicken broth (which has next to no carbs in it), put some chicken in it with some celery, carrots and peas and then the Shirataki noodles. It is light and stores in the fridge well.

The other weird thing is I can drink coffee with real sugar (not a whole lot of course) but it doesn't seem to bother me.

Hugs! I hope the insulin works out... so far, I'm only on the long acting insulin at night time cause my fasting numbers are always a little high. I'm on the lowest dose right now, but I'm still slightly over the max sometimes when I check in the morning. My doctor seems to think I will get to where you are as well and require insulin before every meal.... but I really hope not. :(

oo i have no idea hun but i have been eating only granary bread and maximum of 4 slices although iv just avoided it outright now. My nurse has said its probably the way baby is lying etc thats making mine worse just now but she hopes i wont need any more. Todays numbers have been okish... this mornings were off still but im hoping its just going to take a day or 2 to get used to it all. I need to wait 10-15 minutes after injecting before eating which i didnt realise this morning.

Dini- congratulations on your boy :D

A quick update for you lovely ladies.

Had my scan and clinic on Monday and I couldn't be more happier.

Little miss is measuring fine. Her heartbeat is still strong. She's still head down and she weighs (at the point of scanning) 6lbs 4oz :happydance:

Had my clinic appoinment and I've offically been discharged back into the care of my midwife for the rest of my pregnancy.
I weighed in at 129.2kg and they are really pleased with me. I've lost weight since my booking in weight and I've been maintaining it really good, even though I've been going up and down (and not getting any where near what the booking in weight was). Which is good with the weight of little miss and everything else in there too :D

Hope all you ladies are all right :)

yeyy im glad yoru scan went well hun! And congratulations on your weight loss! Your doing amazing :D and not long left to go!

That's great news, CrimsonZombie!

I got a call from the midwife and my GTT results came back normal. What a relief! I'm also dealing with meat aversions, and I wasn't looking forward to trying to manage a diabetic diet when I can only manage 3 or 4oz of meat a day.

eekk it sucks :haha: everyone said to me eat lots of meat.. and im like but nooooooooooo i dont like meat :( it all turns my stomach xx

I really don't know how you do it! If someone told me I had to eat lots of meat, I'd panic. I can eat a little, but not a lot! And if I'm being honest, some of what I can eat isn't exactly allowed. I can only stomach rare steak, so I try not to eat it too often. Even tofu and falafel and other meat alternatives are tricky, and I normally love them. Meat hasn't made me physically sick yet, but I get the feeling it could if I pushed it. And the alternatives are mostly either sugary, like yogurt, or high fat, like nuts and cheese. I know I need to get it together with my diet even without GD, but it's so hard when carbs are the only really appealing thing.

omg yes... everything they say you "should" eat are all super fatening although tonight i had a veg medley with a butter sauce and it was sooooo good! I hope my numbers are ok... testing in 10 minutes. then i just need to wait a couple hours before i can inject my night time insulin and goto sleep.

i have my 32 week appointment tomorrow and dont think the midwife will have good news iv been feeling so ill. :( hoping its not the start of pre-e x

Thanks ladies :3

I felt ill yesterday and I can't being sick (a bit tmi I know).

Only thing keeping me going is she's kicking like mad all the time.

I just don't like catching all sorts when I'm pregnant, makes me feel worse than I do :(

Oh no! Try to take it easy! I don't know what it is about being pregnant that makes being sick so much worse. I had a tiny itty bitty mild cold for a few days, and I was absolutely miserable. I can't take anything for colds anyway because I react poorly to the main ingredient in most cough syrups, so it's not like I just really suffered without the drugs. Pregnancy just increased the misery tenfold even though my symptoms were mild. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Ugh yea, I hate having to eat so much protein. I also can't eat as often as they want me to. I get caught up in work or whatever and before I know it its like 3PM and I haven't eaten lunch yet.

I also agree that a lot of what we're supposed to eat is fattening - but I'm still losing weight. And I think there is some sort of explanation (or at least the Atkins diet people say it) as to why it is actually healthy when you cut carbs and then eat all the meat, veggies, cheese, butter etc you want.

I have to be careful though cause I did the Atkins diet when I was younger and it made me super sick. My body cannot handle all the protein. It started putting protein in my blood and in my urine ... just wherever it could dump it cause it didn't know what to do with it. So, they told me I could never go on the Atkins diet again. So, I'm really trying to be careful not to swing too far to one side of the fence. Its a crazy balancing act and I hope to God that this diabetes thing goes away after birth.

I did just eat a bagel with cream cheese on one half and a meat pate on the other half and it was awesome! I found this website called netrition.com where they sell all this great low carb stuff. I got these onion bagels that have 2 net carbs per bagel. And it was actually really tasty. I also got some sugar free Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, something called "Carbquick" (which is the low carb equivalent of Bisquick) and some hamburger buns. The prices aren't awful, but I hate that "healthy" food costs more than the crappy food. No wonder people don't eat well cause most can't afford to eat organic or low carb or low-fat or all natural etc...

Crimson, sorry you don't feel well. :( Hope you get better soon!

Be careful with the sugar free candy. Many of them use a substitute that can lead to... uh... let's just say some dramatic digestive results...

Be careful with the sugar free candy. Many of them use a substitute that can lead to... uh... let's just say some dramatic digestive results...

Well I'm mostly constipated... so if it gives me diarrhea that would be an improvement. ;)

Ha! You know, that's a good point... I may need to get my hands on some of those sugar free gummy bears I've heard so many bad things about ;)

I love sugar free gummy bears, just have to limit myself!!

My official gender scan today went okay, baby wasn't cooperating, and it was a private scan and she was very nice. She rescheduled me for another in 2 weeks at no cost as the baby wouldn't move away from the placenta so all the 3d shots looked like one big blob!

Here are the scan pics anyway.

https://s30.postimg.org/xqiuz0xul/18_WKS4_DAYS_9_2.jpg

https://s30.postimg.org/hn1slh6xp/18_WKS4_DAYS_5_2.jpg

Awe, that sucks! Hopefully you'll get better shots next time. My baby was being a pain in the butt last ultrasound too. He was sleeping nuzzled up into the placenta and wouldn't budge.

Also, quick question.... when are my boobs going to start getting bigger and what sort of bras do us bigger girls need to get and from where?

There's no way to know when they'll start to grow. Mine got bigger immediately, and now they go through periodic growth spurts (usually just after I buy new bras). I get my bras at Lane Bryant, because they're a good balance between quality and price, but I'm sure there are a billion other good options. I'd buy nursing bras now, but I have no idea what size they'll be while I'm nursing.

Hmm, is it weird mine haven't grown at all? My nipples are weird too... if I run my fingernail over them the skin peels off. It doesn't hurt or anything and its not nasty or gooey. They also seem to have little cracks in them. I do put lotion on them often but it doesn't seem to do much. I've mentioned it to my doctors before and they always blow me off and say "oh that's normal". Sorry for the TMI post I guess... I just have always wondered if my boobs are defective or something cause like I even had a guy I was dating a long time ago rub my nipples too much and a big chunk of one of them is just gone. It never grew back or anything so I have like this dent in the side of my nipple after it healed.

I'm actually petrified of breast feeding because I'm afraid my nipples won't be able to take it...

I might be a little concerned about chunks falling off after being rubbed too hard! But not growing and sensitivity and dryness and all that are normal. Almost any weird boob thing you can think of is normal in pregnancy for someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->