any plus size mummies to be?

Well ok, a chunk didn't just fall off... LOL... it got rubbed until it bled and was all grody...but when it healed it just never grew back in. So now it has like a "flat" side. And in my defense, if you can call it that, I was really drunk at the time and didn't say dude! stop rubbing my nipple! :D

The other stuff you mentioned I've had even when not pregnant. :D

You could were nipple shields when breastfeeding? I've had some friends using them and they were very pleased with them.

Amythyst my nipples sound almost the same as what's happening with yours. I have also been reassured its all 'normal' and have used pure Lanolin creme you can pick up at the pharmacy cheap. It works really well but i hate the stuff.
I too have also brought one set of nipple shields just in case I have a difficult time due to my sensitive/dry nipples.

Gosh I only have 27 days to go :O haha

Nipple shields... hmmm will have to look into what that is! :) Thanks for the tip.

I feel a little better but not a lot :(

Is this my body starting to get ready for her arrival?

We'll see what the midwife says come Monday :3

I feel a little better but not a lot :(

Is this my body starting to get ready for her arrival?

We'll see what the midwife says come Monday :3

You never know! Could be your body preparing, or it could just be pregnancy liking to mess with you. Make sure to update us Monday!

I really need to crack down on my diet, but I have no will power. I just need to make sure what I'm eating is more nutritionally balanced and cut the junk a little, but it's so difficult. Especially when I'm too lazy to cook and DH is too tired after work. But if I keep gaining at the rate I'm gaining now, there's no way I'll still qualify for water birth at 40 weeks. Not to mention losing it all after the baby. I don't mind having to lose necessary weight, but I know I'm going to regret cupcake weight...

Is anybody else getting nervous about birth? I keep thinking about how all my fit, healthy, thin mom friends have had labor complications leading to c sections, so what does that mean for me? None of their complications had anything to do with their size, but I'm sure you ladies know how it is. If the "ideal" women I know are having so much trouble, how can I expect to do better in the shape I'm in?

Totally get how you feel MrsK. I have been fine up until this point, but the closer i get to my due date the more worried I am about the delivery compared to 'regular' people.
I want to keep an active labor and hope not to need an epidural then be stuck on the bed, but due to my size I do worry if that will even be possible.
I will admit I have done a couple of Google searches for stories on plus size births and how they went for those ladies, there has been many where everything went well. So of course that gives me hope but the worrying won't go away.
I know that the baby has to come out either way and I have confidence I will be looked after well at hospital but I am the one having to deliver him/her.
*trying not to hyperventilate* lol

Meh, I dread it some days and then other days I'm like "Awe hell, this kid is just gonna fall out of me no problem!" So far, pregnancy is pretty easy... but I guess I am scared of delivery no matter how much I try to psyche myself out. :)

I admit I've thought about what my size could mean during delivery but I am a woman and women were made to do this so I try to remember that.

MrsK in the same about eating. I just have no will power and the convenient foods are rarely healthy. I've never been a veggie eater and it's even worse now that I'm pregnant. I wish I craved carrots and spinach lol.

I go back and forth like amethyst, but I think I'll be using an epidural . ;). Tough some friends tell me they don't make it to the hospital on time.

I didn't have time to have one when I had DS. I had within 26 minutes of getting there :lol:

Seen my midwife today, she's happy with everything so far and little miss has gone from being 5/5 to 3/5 so it might not be that long until we meet her :D

Well, I'm annoyed!

I did Weight Watchers for almost two years before I got pregnant. I was very loyal to my meeting and my leader because I really liked him, especially compared to a few other leaders whose meetings I attended. So, when I got pregnant, I sent him a little card to tell him why I left and that I'd see him in a year or so. This was back in July, and the card just showed up today in my mailbox, undelivered. So now I look like a big quitter. Thanks, USPS...

Well, I'm annoyed!

I did Weight Watchers for almost two years before I got pregnant. I was very loyal to my meeting and my leader because I really liked him, especially compared to a few other leaders whose meetings I attended. So, when I got pregnant, I sent him a little card to tell him why I left and that I'd see him in a year or so. This was back in July, and the card just showed up today in my mailbox, undelivered. So now I look like a big quitter. Thanks, USPS...

:wacko: Oh man! Maybe the mailman himself got lost...? hahaha. That is beyond terrible! it's not THAT hard to return mail quickly if it can't be delivered- you would think anyway, even if it took a couple of weeks.

I have three weeks left til D Day, I am classed as 'full term' officially today! :happydance:

Yay for full term!!

I know, how does it take from July to late November to return my card? And I don't know how they could have not been able to deliver it.... You have a letter addressed to so and so at Weight Watchers, 1234 Main Street, and you can't find the storefront with the giant Weight Watchers sign at 1234 Main Street?

eek sorry ladies i seen to have not checked on this thrread in a while!

I hope your all doing ok! I am suffering greatly and my midwife didnt give a crap. Im getting serious pains whenever i am walking (not spd etc but what feels like contractions.. i have to stop and fold myself over my pram just to try ease it a little)... headaches, spd, dizzy/hot spells and at the time my hands had been swelling.. and she literally just shrugged it all off! telling me contractions are a normal 3rd pregnancy thing. It took me 40 minutes yesterday to do a walk that should have took 20 because i had to keep stopping and going really slow :(

see the consultant on Tuesday.. im dreading it because of how much walking it involves and busses but i hope he listens to me! Growth scan then too!

MrsK maybe the mailman needed weight watchers far more than you? Maybe 1234 Main St was way to far for him to walk? :p jk
Aww Seth'smum- you poor thing! It's bad enough when you are suffering but it's worse when you get 'fobbed off' like it's nothing. Clearly it's something to YOU, and since it was enough for you to mention it then couldn't they do a bit of monitoring or something? Pretty slack if you ask me :(
At least you are seeing your consultant Tuesday, maybe they will listen to you. One can only hope!!
P.s. Happy 33 weeks to you! Funny three of us are to the day with our week turn-over. haha

hehe thursday if my favourite day of the week :D

Yeah im hoping they'll say something at the hospital. Apparently my consultant is lovely (I've not met him yet). She was that bad hun she wasnt even going to do my 32 week bloods.. i had to remind her and she was like "oh we dont do them till 34 weeks" yet it was her who told me to book in for them at 32 weeks :dohh: Hopefully shouldnt see her again though.. she wanted to see me at 34 but ill be 33+5 at my hospital appointment.. then 36 but i should have another hospital appointment then too.

hahahaha mr post man was probably feeling lazy and left it in the bottom of his bag

What a jerk midwife! I hope the consultant listens!

Happy Thursday turnover day, and happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate it! I plan to gain at least 5lbs today :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->