any plus size mummies to be?

Had my 28 week midwife appointment yesterday and she commented on how well my pregnancy is going and how my pregnancy is showing that being over weight does`nt make for a terrible pregnancy..

baby is measuring a week ahead but i am told that the old tape measure method is`nt all that reliable got a growth scan on the 22nd of December so I guess Ill see :)

Happy post Thanksgiving everyone! Having GD at the holidays totally sucks donkey balls I might add. I couldn't really eat anything interesting at Thanksgiving... didn't even bother cooking or buying a dinner package. We just went out to eat instead. I could eat meat .... a few potatoes... and some green beans yay! I did take 3 bites of a pumpkin pie though after my sugar number came in low after eating! LOL.

Other than that, things are great.... I finally have started feeling the baby kicking me! Yay! I even saw my stomach move last night. :D He kicked me a bit at work today but I haven't felt much since then.

Its like the strangest but yet coolest feeling... totally weird having something kick you from the inside.

My next ultrasound appointment is next Wednesday and the little buggar better not be sleeping like a baby this time. ;)

Oh, and I lost another 5 pounds or so which puts me down 20 pounds from my prepregnancy weight... some of you won't be happy to hear that but at least you can eat what you want. :)

Aww, that doesn't sound like a good holiday :( You'll need to plan a re-do after the baby comes ;)

I have an ultrasound next Tuesday to check on my placenta position. I'm looking forward to it, but I don't know how much we'll see. It's at the place where you can't see the screen from the bed, so DH gets to watch and I only get the highlights afterwards :(

No idea where my weight is right now. I had another growth spurt this week, I'm not sure I dare get on the scale!

awww Amythyst i wish GD would make me loose weight lol... im still sat at a 5lb gain. :dohh: im not loosing anything at all.

good luck for your ultrasounds :D

iv got my section booked for the 6th January :D :D :dance:

Wow, that's just around the corner! Exciting! As much as I'd prefer to avoid a c-section, there's definitely a benefit to knowing exactly when the baby is coming. Do you have a lot of getting ready to do still?

I know a couple ladies are getting close to delivery. Hope everyone is doing well!

i honestly loved my section with Ethan and hope this time is exactly the same.

I do have a fair bit to sort still but i will get all of that on Tuesday and then hopefully be finished and sorted including bags packed :D xx

Sounds like you're on top of things! I hope it goes as well as the last one :)

Hey ladies, hope all is well. I've finally gotten to my weekly ultrasound stage. It was exciting, but now it's just disappointing as every pic they've given me during this whole pregnancy has been crap. Definitely gonna make a fuss on Monday about it as I want to at least have one good one for my baby book. So as of my appointment last week, I've lost another pound. So I've gained a total of two pounds and lost five. Baby was weighing 3lbs 15oz. So I'm glad he's gaining all the weight and not me, lol.

I hope you get some good pictures. The best ones I got were all early in the pregnancy. The tech only gave me face shots at my 20 week, so it's just a weird, barely identifiable skull shot. Creepy! There's not much detail in the earlier ones, but at least they're kind of baby shaped! We're considering a private scan this month, but I'm really on the fence about it. There's a good chance my anterior placenta will get in the way of good pics, and I kind of want to leave a little mystery for the birth. I'm leaving it up to DH to surprise me if he wants to do one.

Had a really bad night last night :dohh:
I had a few signs that labour might not be too far away now :happydance:
We'll have to see :3

Got a midwife appointment on Monday so we'll see how far down little miss is :D
Unless she's here by then.

It's just a waiting game :coffee:
I'm impatient really bad, we just want her here.

Hope all you ladies are doing all right :)

That sounds good, I wanted to do private scan just to see if I could get better pics but they are really expensive and I already pay a pretty steep bill for my ultrasounds at the hospital. Your right about early pregnancy, when I was still seeing my RE, my pics at least showed a baby. Since moving over to my OB at 13weeks, every scan pic has been horrible. I had a 4D one last week at 32 weeks, of his face, and the pic looks distorted almost like just a fireball. I told DH if I didn't know it was a baby, I would just think something was on fire. Hopefully they can do much better on Monday.

Hi ladies! So jealous of you all losing weight. I have no idea where I stand on that. Last check is gained 5lbs so far but my clothes are more snug now so I'm sure thats up. I really need to watch what I'm eating more. No bump yet either. The upper part of my belly has moved up so now I just look like I've gained weight around the middle. I suppose I'll show eventually.

I think I'm up about 15lbs now. Could be better, but could be worse. I bet you'll get real bumpy real soon!

Yea, I really want a "real" bump (been complaining for over a month). LOL. I asked my doctor when I would get an official bump with my waist popping out and she said maybe by 30 weeks. I was bummed... lol. If I wear pregnancy pants and a tight belly maternity top, I look "roundish". It is pretty big now though... I just still have a waist line.

The funny part... is since I do still have a waist line, my clothes are all weird. They always fall down below my belly and won't stay on my waist or my underwear fall down.

And I hope this isn't a silly question, but I can't squish the baby can I? Like if I bend over or sit on the toilet and lean forward? Is there anything I'm not supposed to be doing?

I'm so close to being under 300 pounds for like the first time in many years. I'm 6 pounds off! Would be really cool if I could say pregnancy helped me achieve a weight loss goal haha. I've been staying the same weight for like a week or two so far though. I think the Metformin I take for my PCOS is helping with the weight loss and then this awful GD diet.

As far as I know, there's no way to squish the baby. He's pretty well protected and all the amniotic fluid gives him cushioning room. I mean, if an anvil fell on you like in an old cartoon, maybe ;) But no everyday life stuff is going to crush him. I wouldn't lie on my stomach for hours, but even that is generally safe as long as you're comfortable, from what I hear. If they were that fragile, we never would have survived as a species. I had a huge dinner and T stopped wiggling after a very active day, and I definitely made some jokes about smashing the baby, though!

I figured it was a pretty silly question but cause of being overweight and how my tummy overlaps I just had this thought in my head that if I bent over too far it would do something. :)

I get where you're coming from. I have to remind myself that I'm not going to squish him now and then.

I did bad math earlier, I'm up about 25lbs. Wishful thinking, I guess! I knew 15 sounded wrong.

im up about 20lbs too ... i am really going to try and make better choices this week ..

my face is looking puffy now and that makes me sad .. my bump is huge.. some one at work asked if i am pumping it up at home...

I'm still waiting on a proper baby bump and I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow. I still feel self conscious when I'm out because to me, I just look like I'm more fluffy in the middle. I know I'm pregnant, but I just don't see that reflection. When I wear certain clothes, like a fitted top with leggings then I look somewhat pregnant, but still small for how far along I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->