any plus size mummies to be?

im up about 20lbs too ... i am really going to try and make better choices this week ..

I keep saying I'm going to start making better choices, and then I catch myself eating whipped cream out of the can :dohh:

Hey ladies! Been awhile since I posted but work been crazy busy! You all sound like you are doing rely well. I am up 11kgs (not sure what that is in pounds) however it has slowed now and been the same weight for past three weeks yay. Trying to be much more careful on food choices. Have a big bump now which is nice! Still not sure on size of this baby hope to find out on 22nd dec and then find out my options for birth.

Can't believe I've got 2 weeks left tomorrow :happydance:

Midwife on Monday so we'll find out what's happening with little miss :D

Wow Crimson only two weeks! And 25lbs isn't bad for being near end!

In afraid to step on the scale truthfully. I have an appt Monday so I have no choice lol. Even my stretchy pants are too small or getting snug now but like you all I still have no bump. I make terrible food choices most days and I have to stop it. I get the nutrition I need but then eat badly on top of it. And the holidays being here make it so much worse. I was told to stop my metformin and that's when I started gaining. I always gain when I'm not on it but I never lose just from it alone. On the bright side I lost it before I can do it again!

I am 6kgs (13 pounds) up on my pre-pregnancy weight now so I am thankful I did lose weight during my second tri otherwise Id be about 30 pounds heavier!
I am ALMOST there now, hoping I don't go over my due date though I am seriously worried I will have bubs Christmas day. Which I don't want because I know how much it sucks when you are a kid who was born that day!! My mother was due with me on the 14th of December but I just had to stay there until the 25th!
I hope my baby is better behaved than I was ;)
I keep asking it to come a little early but we will see haha

I hope the kiddo cooperates! I was born on the 17th and I don't think I'd want to get much closer to Christmas (June sounds ideal, frankly ;) ), but I think the parents make the biggest difference in whether a December birthday sucks, and since you have plenty of experience, I know you'll make them good!

Well even if it does have a Chrismas BD at least you will make it special and you can share in the fun! My nieces is the 22nd and she hates it but I don't think her parents make it special. They like to combine.

Well I am up another 4lbs from my last appt, making it a total of 12lbs from what the OB has but at home it's up just under 10, so I'm using that lol. My MW said it wasn't a problem and that I'm on target. She said not to stress about it. I'm just a bit over 200lbs but I'm only 5'2" but she said it wouldn't be an issue unless I gained a lot or if I developed GD.

As far as the GD, she wants to do the 1hr early with me due to my history of PCOS and insulin resistance. She was totally nice though and when I said I tested it randomly at home with my glucometer a friend gave me she said I can just test 2-3 times a week with a fasting and then about 2 hours after I eat and write them down, then I can take it with me to my next appt and if all looks well we will do the 3hr at 28 weeks. I'm glad because I get to avoid at least one.

My anatomy scan went great, he measured perfect, nothing abnormal at all and is weighing in at 15oz and around the 55th percentile. Caught him sucking his thumb a lot and playing with his toes :flower: I'll attach a pic. Maybe I can have a bump pic at Christmas, but not counting on it.

https://i61.tinypic.com/2s7xsvl.jpg

Dini, nice pic!! Are you taking Metformin during your pregnancy? They kept me on mine this whole time... I'm still doing 2000mg a day, which is probably what is keeping my weight down. My OB told me I was cheating. :)

I hope you don't get GD either - it sucks. I got it at 16 weeks though so I hope that's not a bad sign for me.

I have my high risk doctor appointment today as well, so maybe I'll have a special ultrasound pic too. :) Last time, the baby slept the whole damn time nuzzled in his placenta. He's been pretty much sleeping all day and then active at night... so I hope that isn't a bad sign either.

Good luck with the ultrasound, Amythyst. I think it's normal for them to sleep during the day and be active at night, because your activity during the day rocks them to sleep.

I had my ultrasound yesterday, and my placenta moved up and isn't close to the cervix anymore :) I wasn't too worried about it, but it's a relief. I know there's always a risk of c-section, but I didn't want to lose even having a shot at a vaginal birth.

Dini, nice pic!! Are you taking Metformin during your pregnancy? They kept me on mine this whole time... I'm still doing 2000mg a day, which is probably what is keeping my weight down. My OB told me I was cheating. :)

I hope you don't get GD either - it sucks. I got it at 16 weeks though so I hope that's not a bad sign for me.

I have my high risk doctor appointment today as well, so maybe I'll have a special ultrasound pic too. :) Last time, the baby slept the whole damn time nuzzled in his placenta. He's been pretty much sleeping all day and then active at night... so I hope that isn't a bad sign either.

I stopped the metformin about 3-4 weeks ago. I didn't want to as I've been on and off it for 13 years and when I'm on it I don't tend to gain weight, but when I'm off of it I do. But my MW said to stop taking it because if I got GD then that isn't the medication of choice. I wish I was still taking it honestly. I have checked my blood sugar a few times, and my MW said I could take it 2-3 times a week both fasting and then 2 hours after I eat instead of doing the 1hr test, which is great. So far they numbers have been fine, both fasting have been 71 and 79 and the 2hr ones were 117 and 108.

I also stopped the progesterone about a week or so ago and that makes me nervous but so far so good.

MrsK, that's great news about your placenta!! I totally understand not wanting to lose a shot at a vaginal birth right off the bat.

I haven't posted in here in forever, and now there's way too much to go back and read :( But, I ended up looking obviously pregnant around 25 or 26 weeks. I'm 38 weeks now and I look like I'm about to pop! I lost 16 lbs in the first trimester, and have only gained back 7 of that, so somehow I am still around 9 lbs less than where I started!

https://i58.tinypic.com/155nm1s.jpg

https://i59.tinypic.com/14u9iyr.jpg

I stopped the metformin about 3-4 weeks ago. I didn't want to as I've been on and off it for 13 years and when I'm on it I don't tend to gain weight, but when I'm off of it I do. But my MW said to stop taking it because if I got GD then that isn't the medication of choice. I wish I was still taking it honestly. I have checked my blood sugar a few times, and my MW said I could take it 2-3 times a week both fasting and then 2 hours after I eat instead of doing the 1hr test, which is great. So far they numbers have been fine, both fasting have been 71 and 79 and the 2hr ones were 117 and 108.

I also stopped the progesterone about a week or so ago and that makes me nervous but so far so good.

MrsK, that's great news about your placenta!! I totally understand not wanting to lose a shot at a vaginal birth right off the bat.

Thanks! That's interesting about your Metformin... For my GD, they do treat it with Metformin, but if you are controlled with diet then medication wouldn't be an issue. But, they let me stay on it because it doesn't hurt anything at all to stay on it. I'm willing to bet that's why you're gaining more weight then you thought you should. I know the Metformin is keeping my weight under control.

The lady that I sent my sugars to every week and talk to all the time was really surprised cause she said it seems like the farther along I get the better stuff gets. My BP is going down and my sugars are actually lower than they were 8 weeks ago. But, it could also be that I've lost 20 pounds since about 16 weeks.

Ultrasound went well. My BP was 125/76 and my sugars are really great. They seem surprised actually that I'm not having any problems or symptoms or anything. My OB was certain I'd be on insulin before meals by now. Baby is doing really well. He is is head down now and my placenta has moved and she said she didn't see any reason I couldn't have a vaginal birth. She said his butt is in my belly button.... hehe.

The baby is estimated to weigh 2 pounds 14 oz - and measuring about 1.5 weeks ahead. The doctor said though he is larger symmetrically and not just his belly (which they watch for with GD). So, at least he was just all around bigger than expected. I'm not too worried about it. He seems to vary each time. At 19 weeks, he was 1 week ahead and then at 23 weeks he was only 3 days ahead. So, could just be timing.

But, everything appears to be great (right now). :)

Amethyst I think you are right about the weight gain being metformin related. I need to get more exercise and cut back on the junk. Seems the healthy stuff, fruit and veggies gives me heartburn! That is so great that your numbers are so good. That's really awesome maybe you won't need the insulin at all!

Tor you do look about to pop!! But lovely nonetheless!

Well with our PCOS Dini, you would probably have good luck with lowering your carb/sugar intake and not necessarily have to go fruit and veggie if it bothers you too much with the heartburn. Even when I wasn't pregnant, lowering those helped a lot with weight and how I felt. In fact, we were trying to get pregnant for over 5 years and it wasn't until I started weight watchers and really watched my diet that I finally got pregnant naturally. Everyone is different of course, but us PCOSers seem to have an ugly aversion to carbs and sugar. :)

Are any of you doing childbirth classes? Is there anything I should be preparing for or buying to prepare? I read something that you have to have a pediatrician picked out BEFORE you give birth cause they have to be there to check the baby? Is that true?

We start a 5 week class in January. I'm really looking forward to it, I hope it's useful. I've done a lot of reading, but I think the class will be more hands on, and definitely more useful for DH who doesn't really have time to read like I do.

I've also heard you have to find a pediatrician before birth, so they can check him out at the hospital before you leave. I'm sure they have pediatricians on staff who can do it, but there are still so many well baby checkups, it's good to have that sorted out before you're caring for an infant, I think. I need to start researching. I'm really stuck, I have a couple of specific requirements that I'm looking for, and I need him to be accessible on public transportation without taking six buses, too. We don't like the doctor most of our friends use, and he's out of the way, too.

We start a 5 week class in January. I'm really looking forward to it, I hope it's useful. I've done a lot of reading, but I think the class will be more hands on, and definitely more useful for DH who doesn't really have time to read like I do.

I've also heard you have to find a pediatrician before birth, so they can check him out at the hospital before you leave. I'm sure they have pediatricians on staff who can do it, but there are still so many well baby checkups, it's good to have that sorted out before you're caring for an infant, I think. I need to start researching. I'm really stuck, I have a couple of specific requirements that I'm looking for, and I need him to be accessible on public transportation without taking six buses, too. We don't like the doctor most of our friends use, and he's out of the way, too.

Is it a specific type of birthing class? I want to start looking into one now incase they get booked.

I have some issues with finding a pediatrician as well. I live 40 min away from where I am delivering but don't want my pediatrician to be that far away, I was actually thinking of having my family doctor be the babies doctor, they do see babies, from 2weeks and up, but my doc said they get less and less now with all the pediatricians around. I like my family doctors, have been going to them since I was 8 years old myself but they don't go to the hospital I'm delivering at. I'm hoping I can just get one from the hospital to see the baby there and transition to my family doctor.

I'm sure you could transition to the family doctor if you wanted. I bet a lot of parents have someone at the hospital do the first visit and then transition. I found a practice online that looks really promising today. I'm going to call Monday and see if we can get in to meet them. I hope they're as good in real life as they are on paper!

Our class doesn't follow a specific method, but we looked at Bradley and Informed Beginnings, which I guess is the ******* lovechild of Bradley ;) Hypnobirthing is supposed to be great, but it's a bit too spiritual hippie dippy for me. I do have the Hypnobirthing book so I can take what I need from it. I'm hoping for a natural birth, but I wanted to make sure we were well informed on all aspects of birth, so the one we chose seemed like a good balance: https://ohanaparents.com/classes-and-groups/childbirth-parent-prep/

Not managed to get on in a while hope everyone is ok... well prepregnancy weight was 22.5 and today at 31+1 I weigh 21.2 so lost over a stone in total :) im also having a chunky baby but haven't got diabetes which worries me but not health professionals so I guess I shouldn't worry. at my 28 week scan his tummy was measuring 31-32 weeks and estimated weight was 3.3lb at just 28 weeks so this has made me quite anxious how have everyone elses growth scans gone? x

I think growth scans aren't very accurate. Lots of women report being told they were having 10lb babies and their babies turned out to be 7lbs or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->