any plus size mummies to be?

Hey. Sorry u have to travel that long: / I'm new to Maryland. Do u like the hospital ur going to? My hubby is in the army and the first hospital was horrible. I go to john Hopkins now. Much better experiences. Especially for being high risk and getting proper help

Well welcome to the DC Metro Area... ;) It doesn't get much better than Johns Hopkins, very good place. I will be at Mary Washington Hospital which is also another really good one for our area.

The commute isn't so bad, normally. :) Unfortunately it is the norm in our area because nobody can afford to live where they work. :D The commuter train is very nice and the station is about 10 minutes from our house. My office building is also right behind the train station... so I just take a quick free bus over to my building when I get there.

My husband takes me and picks me up when I go. We did live a lot closer up in Fairfax and I was able to drive myself to work but when it came time for us to buy a house, we just could not afford it up there. When we did searches even at like 500k you were still looking at condos and townhouses. So, we took the trade off from being far from my job to have a nice house that would have been long out of our price range closer to DC.
Thank u :p. I actually miss California. And I haven't seen one bus in transit near the base out here. We were actually worried about getting a house before the baby comes. 2 houses fell through and didn't agree to terms but 3 times is a charm. We found a nice house band closing date is Feb 25. Hopefully u and hubby get a home soon. I've actually never seen a townhome like the ones in Maryland before. Wat we call townhomes in California...they look much different. I'm ina. Townhome most on the base. (No privacy: /)... we've been looking for almost 7 months and got to learn a lot about quite a few cities. Good and bad. Never actually been to dc though. How do u like it?
And I'm glad ur commute isn't too bad: ) when will u be able to stop working? I don't work at all and would links to start working from home once we move. I'm thinking of starting up a newborn photography setup. .... sorry for my essay. Nice to meet u and I hope it pregnancy goes well.

Hello to u other ladies and Gl to u all as well

MrsLemon, they're probably going to watch you for preeclampsia now. I'm guessing if your BP spikes again or if you continue to have reduced movement, they'll talk about delivering early. I hope all goes smoothly.

Nillabean, I'm glad you got housing sorted out! I've been to DC a few times and I like it a lot. I'd love to have access to all those great free museums with a kid. I'd imagine it's quite a change from California, though! Especially this time of year.

Thank u :p. I actually miss California. And I haven't seen one bus in transit near the base out here. We were actually worried about getting a house before the baby comes. 2 houses fell through and didn't agree to terms but 3 times is a charm. We found a nice house band closing date is Feb 25. Hopefully u and hubby get a home soon. I've actually never seen a townhome like the ones in Maryland before. Wat we call townhomes in California...they look much different. I'm ina. Townhome most on the base. (No privacy: /)... we've been looking for almost 7 months and got to learn a lot about quite a few cities. Good and bad. Never actually been to dc though. How do u like it?
And I'm glad ur commute isn't too bad: ) when will u be able to stop working? I don't work at all and would links to start working from home once we move. I'm thinking of starting up a newborn photography setup. .... sorry for my essay. Nice to meet u and I hope it pregnancy goes well.

Hello to u other ladies and Gl to u all as well

Hmm, I guess I didn't explain myself well... we do have a home! We built one and moved in a little over a year ago. :) Which is why we now live 50 miles from where I work. I can't exactly "stop working" as I am the bread winner in our home and my husband will be a "stay at home dad". I am working from home now full time and then will have my little mini vacation from work for like 6-7 weeks. Then its back to the grind of government contracting!

I'm so glad you found a place! Congrats! I bet you're really excited. The whole mortgage thing is so annoying. I'm not a huge fan of townhouses as I don't like living long ways and straight up and down....too many stairs! :D

We live in VA actually and I only work 'close to DC'. I really do not like DC at all...haha... I used to work at HUD downtown and I really hated going down there. I guess being a native here you sort of get over DC. It does have its perks though... we enjoyed July 4th on the lawn of the Washington monument last year.

Nice to meet you too, welcome to the thread. Hopefully my pregnancy will be over soon! I'll be 35 weeks next Wednesday! Dun dun dun! :)

Thanks mrs kc; )..gotta check out those museums. Actually in ca. There are many free museums and when I first moved here, one of the first things I wanted to do was go to a museum and when I looked online, the first 5 museums I saw were like 15 bucks per person. I gave up...

And Yea. I dislike the snow but it's nice to look at from inside the house lol.

And. Lol amythyat. U did explain well, I guess I was just slow lololol sorry. I didn't like too many cities in prince George county actually. And I heard schooling was bad Also. I wanted to stay away from Baltimore as well and live closer to the base maybe like in laurel.. glen burnie.. etc but didn't work out. New home borders Baltimore but it's right next to a school and away from a lot of chaos.
I'm happy ur in a home though. And I agree with u on the townhome part lol.

And wowzers.u live sooooooo far. I can't believe it. Welp. Ur a strong woman. Working hard and taking care of home. Food for u and Gl with everything.

35 weeks awesome. The anticipation; ). Can't wait to see ur update

They want to induce me at 37 weeks because of my bp and I'm just really nervous.it's been a rollercoaster so far.

Sorry for rambling. I'm trying to remember Wat u guys said in your posts and Its coming in bits and pieces

Sorry for typos. On phone

P.s Congrats on ur first pregnancy

Thanks guys..we came home last Thursday... The issue isn't with his latching.. Its because as a teenager I had pcos n messed up hormones, so my breasts didn't develop completely. I have insufficient glandular tissue, so basically not producing enough milk. So, right now we are doing formula as main feeds and breast milk as in betweens.
It sucks of course and I feel like shit for those 4 days, but at least he is gaining weight now..which is what matters...

Glad you're home Demotivated :D ... I have PCOS too and I'm so afraid my boobs are not going to cooperate with breastfeeding.

I'm sorry you're struggling, Demotivated :( You're doing a great job, even if things aren't turning out to meet the perfect ideal.

I have the too much milk problem right now. My let down is so strong it chokes baby. He comes unlatched and it just sprays all over him. I've started block feeding him and sometimes go 5-6 hours without nursing or pumping on one side and it hasn't gotten better. But it has helped with his gas. Doctors thought he was colicky but turns out he was getting too much foremilk and not enough hind milk. I was worried about my Pcos affecting my milk too, but so far no issues.

Hey just wondering when did you guys start to show?

To myself? Pretty early. I think it started to be a little properly bumpish around 15 weeks, and I looked properly pregnant by 20 weeks. I'm huge now, though, and I know some of the middle schoolers I tutor are still surprised when someone talks about the baby, so it depends who's looking ;)

Photos are 7, 15, and 20 weeks. In the first two I'm sucking in as much as possible to emphasize the bump - I think I stopped sucking in by 20 weeks. My breasts were growing pretty steadily the whole time, so you can't use them for comparison.

Attachments

• no bump 7 weeks.jpg
    no bump 7 weeks.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 15 weeks.jpg
    15 weeks.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20 weeks.jpg
    20 weeks.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
I still don't feel like I show much. I have a decent b belly so I look like I've just put on some weight in the tummy. A girl at work who is a week behind me actually said she is jealous that I don't look pregnant at all. Kind of hurt my feelings but I know she didn't mean anything by it. I told her I was jealous that she did look pregnant.

You know I wonder if I'll have issues with my milk supply as well, my breasts are small and don't seem developed right either as I had PCOS as a teen and seemed to stop puberty at about 13 before they could develop all the way. I guess we will find out. They have filled out some with the pregnancy, but haven't really grown much.

I still have tons of flab under the belly, instead of that nice neat rounding that most women get. It's kind of annoying, but at least the more obvious parts of me look pregnant. I won't be running around posing naked, though, that's for sure..

I too have a b belly with flabbiness below. I don't think I looked like an actual bump until 26 weeks. Even now ppl say I'm small

Hell I don't think I really started to show till way after 26 weeks. I STILL have a B belly and only the upper part of my stomach sticks out... I have the lower belly that is still flabby as well. Personally, I think I look like a freak as my stomach almost comes to a point! If I'm wearing maternity clothes, I look "better". But if I wear the form fitting maternity shirts then I look weird again. I definitely do not look 35 weeks pregnant.

If I wear my pre-maternity clothes which all still fit me for the most part then that's when I look the "strangest" to me. I'm working from home full time now, so I can mostly run around in my PJ's and not give a crap what I look like. :)

I must confess I'm worried whether I will look preggo or not, I'm about 50 pounds more then I was when I had my son. Stomach already has some flabs. Hoping I fill out.

Hi ladies :) I'm 14 weeks with my second and feeling a bit down that I am probably going to have another pregnancy without looking pregnant :(

I had a B bump with my son and the only way it ever looked like a pregnant bump and not just a fat tummy was when I wore maternity trousers and a bump band. Then I had a c section so now I have a massive over hang and an even worse B belly so I'm never going to have a bump!!!

So jealous of all the ladies with nice figures who have lovely neat little bumps :( xxx

I was jealous of all the round bumps also. I went my whole pregnancy with a soft small bump, I just looked more fluffy than usual. Wearing maternity shirts was the only way I looked pregnant. Even now I look at my baby and can't believe he was in there and I had him at 36 weeks. He was a little tiny thing at 4 pounds. I was disappointed I never got the hard pregnant belly.

Well I had my growth scan today and stuff - everything is great except........ my fluid is low! GRRRR! My fluid level went from 14 last week to 5 today... what the hell?!?

The doctor reviewed all my ultrasound pictures and my 20 minute monitoring. He did not think there was anything to worry about and said based on the pictures, the baby seems to have enough fluid levels and he's moving well and nothing seems to be compressed. They did some sort of umbilical cord monitoring too and blood flow and everything seemed ok.

So, they sent me home with an OK to come back next Wednesday. Even though I feel a bit uneasy... lol. I drink fricken water like a fish, how did I go from a 14 to a 5?!?

Do I now need to be drinking water every waking moment? They again told me everything was fine and didn't give me any special instructions other than to drink plenty of water which I already do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->