any plus size mummies to be?

That's weird. Are they going to keep an eye on your fluid levels? Looking healthy is the important part in these scans, so it sounds like you're in good shape :)

It sounds like you're getting plenty to drink, but it can't hurt to keep a water diary, and make sure you're drinking as much as you think you are - I've heard a lot of people overestimate how much they drink. Make sure you're drinking mostly water, too, and keep an eye on your urine color to make sure it stays pale. I feel like I need more than the recommended amount to feel fully hydrated, and even a change as simple as drinking carbonated water leaves me feeling not as hydrated, so it could be the same for you.

The only beverage I drink is water. I fill up 24 and 32 oz bottles of water and drink them one after the other. I do drink some low carb milk, coffee and unsweet tea but 90% water.

Was also annoying cause they couldn't get the baby to breathe on camera today. He did it once but we ran out of time before he could do it again and pass that part.

My nurse told me they usually either hospitalize or require people to come back in a day or two for monitoring the fluid if the doctors think its warranted but after she talked to my doctor and he had actually looked at all the pictures from the ultrasound he said the baby appears to have enough fluid and didn't see any reason for me to have special monitoring at this point. I guess their cut off point for fluid levels is 5 and that's right where mine was.

I just find it really weird that I've always been totally good and to go from a level of 14 to a 5 in a week sounded weird. Where does it go? :)

He's only a week and a half a head now and in the 80th percentile now instead of 2 weeks ahead and in the 97% from the last time. And is estimated to weigh just over 6 pounds. He was asleep for the ultrasound which was also annoying. :)

I think I'm destined to have a b belly through the entire pregnancy and although I want that normal bump as long as baby boy is healthy that's all that matters.

Amythyst aorry about your fluid levels. Maybe next time they will be perfect! It does seem odd that they dropped so much.

Had my appt today. Got the tdap shot. I didn't gain anything since my last visit. Lost about half a pound I think so that was nice. The MW said I can just monitor my blood sugar for the next two weeks instead of doing the 3hr GTT. So far today they've all been great.

Also they gave me the birth packet with the pre registration form and a birth plan and some info. Found some good news in the packet. They don't require an IV or external monitoring unless needed and encourage any position you want to labor in as well as I can labor in the tub if I want to. That kinda made my day :)

It sounds like you're doing everything right, Amythyst. Maybe it was just a bad measurement?

Dini, the hospital sounds great. Just a warning, I had my TDAP last week, and I was absolutely exhausted the next day. Baby was tired, too. So don't be concerned if you're totally wiped out!

How often do u ladies get measurements? I'm 34 weeks and never had a measurement or percentile or fluid level or estimate birth weight. Wth

Lamago- I only got my measurements from the growth scans I have been sent for :) which where I am from (Rotherham-Uk) is standard for a woman with a high BMI

How often do u ladies get measurements? I'm 34 weeks and never had a measurement or percentile or fluid level or estimate birth weight. Wth

Really? Are you high risk? I believe its slightly different if you get referred to the high risk doctor. Since about 12 weeks I have been getting these scans. They check every 4 weeks. Since 32 weeks, I have been getting weekly ultrasounds and I now get hooked up to a monitor for 20 minutes every week to check the baby's heart rate, movement and if I'm having contractions.

I'm only getting scans and monitoring right now because we had some growth concerns that came up in the ultrasound to make sure my placenta was out of the way. Generally, at this point, my midwives only measure fundal height with a tape measure (at every appointment), and they'd only refer me for a scan if that measurement didn't match up with gestation. They should at least be measuring your fundal height, even if you're low risk. Birth weight estimates aren't very accurate anyway, so I wouldn't stress about getting an ultrasound.

Amythest your situation sounds a lot like what happened to me. Every week my measurements were great then at 36 weeks the water just disappeared and my fluid was low. They opted to induce immediately because they said it increases the chance of stillbirth. Your baby sounds like he's a good weight though for 35 weeks. My baby measured at 5 pound 15 ounces on ultrasound but when he was delivered (by c-section) he was only 4 pounds 15 ounces. I wanted to have a natural birth with no meds but baby wasn't handling even the slightest contractions so they had to take him out fast because his heart rate was dropping.
I hope everything turns out to be great at your next ultrasound and bbt.

I was told I won't get anymore scans if things are normal but yesterday read the first time anyone measured my fundal height. The other midwife never bothers due to my size.

Amythest your situation sounds a lot like what happened to me. Every week my measurements were great then at 36 weeks the water just disappeared and my fluid was low. They opted to induce immediately because they said it increases the chance of stillbirth. Your baby sounds like he's a good weight though for 35 weeks. My baby measured at 5 pound 15 ounces on ultrasound but when he was delivered (by c-section) he was only 4 pounds 15 ounces. I wanted to have a natural birth with no meds but baby wasn't handling even the slightest contractions so they had to take him out fast because his heart rate was dropping.

Oh wow. What do you do in that situation? Do you have time to go home, notify people and get your stuff together or do they like rush you out directly? The nurse made me nervous when they told me about it and then said they might put me in the hospital to monitor the fluids but after they showed everything to the doctor he was confident that everything was ok. Now I'm going to dread waiting for my 36 week appointment next week.

On another note, does anybody notice or had their vagina get "bigger"? I happened to see myself in the mirror the other day and its like .... huge. It doesn't bother me or anything and I have no pain or pressure but it just looks...... bigger! :)

Like vag swelling? I've had it now and then, but not continuously. It's normal, just extra blood flow and such.

Amethyst why are u high risk? They have been measuring my belly and she says I weigh normal and measure average. I'm supposed to get a scan at 36 weeks 5days she said to see if the head was down. But now I'm worried about my fluids. Did they only find it because of the scans?

Amethyst why are u high risk? They have been measuring my belly and she says I weigh normal and measure average. I'm supposed to get a scan at 36 weeks 5days she said to see if the head was down. But now I'm worried about my fluids. Did they only find it because of the scans?

Yes, they only found out because of my weekly scans. Why am I high risk? I'm obese, I'm over 35, I had high blood pressure before getting pregnant, I have Hypothyroidism, I have PCOS and I got GD at 16 weeks. :) All sorts of fun things!

If you are feeling good movement and they haven't found any prior issues or considered you high risk, then I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Like vag swelling? I've had it now and then, but not continuously. It's normal, just extra blood flow and such.

I guess? I mean I'm not staring at it 24/7 but I think its "just that way" now. I hope its normal. :D They are supposed to give me that swab thing next week to see if I have some sort of bacteria living in my groin...so I guess if they freak out when they see it, I'll know its not normal! :D

I just did the swab, and she just gave me the big Qtip and let me do it myself, so you may be spared that indignity :)

As long as it doesn't itch or hurt or anything, I'm sure it's fine. I researched it the first time I noticed it, and everything said it's just another lovely pregnancy symptom.

I just did the swab, and she just gave me the big Qtip and let me do it myself, so you may be spared that indignity :)

As long as it doesn't itch or hurt or anything, I'm sure it's fine. I researched it the first time I noticed it, and everything said it's just another lovely pregnancy symptom.

LOL that would be nice!

Nope nope doesn't have any symptoms, I only noticed it by accident... :D

Well I'm obese, 37, and have pcos but thankfully have not gotten so I guess I just have to hang in there. Sure would be nice knowing. I'm glad u had your scans though so nothings missed.

Oh wow. What do you do in that situation? Do you have time to go home, notify people and get your stuff together or do they like rush you out directly? The nurse made me nervous when they told me about it and then said they might put me in the hospital to monitor the fluids but after they showed everything to the doctor he was confident that everything was ok. Now I'm going to dread waiting for my 36 week appointment next week.

On another note, does anybody notice or had their vagina get "bigger"? I happened to see myself in the mirror the other day and its like .... huge. It doesn't bother me or anything and I have no pain or pressure but it just looks...... bigger! :)

Nope, I didn't get to do anything. I went in for ultrasound at 8am, the tech noticed the fluid and notified the doctor. They sent me to another room for the bbt stress test and so I did that for 20 mins. The tech took the results to the doctor and they came in the room with a wheel chair and said we are sending you to labor and delivery, you are having this baby today. Got to L&D around 930am and had c-section by 2pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->