any plus size mummies to be?

Well I'm obese, 37, and have pcos but thankfully have not gotten so I guess I just have to hang in there. Sure would be nice knowing. I'm glad u had your scans though so nothings missed.

Hmm... well I dunno then. Usually if you have enough of the "risk factors" then you always get referred to the high risk doctor. At least you don't have to go in as much as I do! :) I hate going to two different doctors ALL THE DAMN TIME!

I've noticed the swelling too. It's worse some days but seems to just be that way for now but I know it's normal.

I'm 35 (as of two days ago) obese with PCOS but no high bp or GD so far so they haven't considere me high risk. I won't get any more scans at all unless I have an issue. It scares me to know they won't be checking fluid or position that way.

Happy birthday Dini!

I wouldn't worry too much about fewer scans - most pregnancies go along with no issues, and they'll be looking for things like an unusual fundal height measurement, changes in movement, etc. I'm not sure what potential problems PCOS might cause, but simply being obese without GD isn't going to cause problems. My midwives are really good at telling position just by feeling, even through the extra layers, and they've been confirmed right by ultrasound a few times, so I'm sure when you're far enough along for it to matter, you'll be checked in some way, too. They can flip right up until birth anyway, so an ultrasound wouldn't be of much value this early along.

I guess its just the individual doctors offices too... when we started trying to get pregnant like 5 years ago my OB flat out told me she refused to be my doctor if I got pregnant because of my weight and would farm me out straight away to "high risk" just from being big. So, I'm not sure... my current OB does it just by age. If you're over 35 then you're automatically high risk.

Happy late birthday Dini. :)

I think you are right, it depends on the doctor. I'm not terribly obese but I think inmeed to lose 60lbs to be overweight lol. They've actually never mentioned my weight as a problem so I'm grateful for that!

Well, I was not considered high risk initially as my bp and sugar numbers were great.. But at 20 week scan, u had a mild resistance in uterine artery flow, which made them rescan me at 28 weeks.. There we got low amniotic fluid n 32 wk growth scan showed the same. So being obese with pcos didn't actually put me as high risk...

I want ya'lls doctors then... lol. Course, its not so bad at least I get special treatment from the high risk docs. Just annoying, like I said, having to go to 2 doctors all the time. Its also probably laziness on the OB's part cause they just don't want to deal with you so they ship you off. I actually don't particularly like my OB's office but I hate finding new doctors and switching all the time, so they are tolerable. :)

We've spent a month or so visiting the midwives and the OB on a weekly basis trying to keep an eye on some probably nothing issues, and it's been a pain. I have a lot of sympathy for having to deal with multiple offices like that through the whole pregnancy.

Yeah, I habe kaiser so I guess it's more by he book. Have any of you decided if the baby will sleep with you or in a crib?

I don't think he'd be too safe sleeping with us. DH is a deep sleeper, and I sleep too lightly already and I wouldn't be able to relax if he was in the bed. And if the dogs are able to still behave with the baby in the room, we don't want to ban then. He'll start out in an Arms Reach co-sleeper, then transition into a crib in the nursery when he outgrows it. Hopefully he'll take his daytime naps in the crib if he's not right there with me - it'll get him used to it, and he'll be closer to me in the living room.

Yeah, I habe kaiser so I guess it's more by he book. Have any of you decided if the baby will sleep with you or in a crib?

I actually made a separate thread about this in the Third Trimester section if you want to check it out. I asked the same question...

I think based on all the feedback and our personal preferences, the baby will initially sleep in a bassinet and then will move to the crib after awhile. Definitely can't have the baby in the bed with us or we'd smoosh him! :D

I also had my baby shower yesterday! That was fun. A bunch of people that were supposed to come didn't show up and haven't even contacted me to explain why. Really annoying. The ones that didn't show up were family no less. However, my best friend from Alabama flew in as a surprise and really made the day.

I got a frick ton of baby clothes but nothing that I *really* needed. So, I went on a shopping spree after the shower and had to spend like 700 dollars buying a lot of the stuff we need. We basically have absolutely nothing except some furniture in the baby's room.... so even after spending 700, there are still a few things we need. Oye! :) Perhaps I should have started buying stuff 5 years ago when we started trying to get pregnant! :D

Lol, I'm feeling the same way. Like now times running out and I still need to do so much! I found your thread over in third tri, it was pretty helpful.

Oh god, I know what you mean! I thought we were doing ok once we bought the crib and had the shower, and then all of a sudden I was putting all the last odds and ends on Amazon and it came to $500! What did I even buy??? And I don't even have the stroller yet. I'm just glad that most of this stuff only has to be bought for the first kid. I'd like two, but if they all cost as much as the first did, I'd be in trouble.

Oh I hear you, I'm never getting rid of this baby stuff... its crazy how much everything costs. Even just to get bedding, curtains and a few decorative things cost me like almost 400 dollars. I even downgraded from the bedding I wanted... I had chosen a crib set that was almost 200 dollars but then I found another one I liked for 90 bucks and went with that one instead.

I'm still waiting for the last baby shower befor e we start filling in. Might return some things if they are from my registry. Lately I've been feeling really hot, when others around me aren't. Is that a symptom. Ugh.

Feeling hot is super common. This is the first winter I haven't been totally miserable :)

Yay, my fluid levels went back up! I was back at 11 today from 5 last week. I made sure to drink some cold ice water before the ultra sound this time and he was moving all around and we saw him opening his mouth and sticking out his tongue. She even took a 3D picture of his face. However, to me, this picture is just creepy. :) His face is sort of smooshed against the placenta and everything looks all droopy. I certainly hope that's not what he looks like! :)

BP is good... sugars are good... I had that swab thing today, so will know if I have that weird bacteria living in my groin in a few days I guess. My OB also checked my cervix and wanted to make sure my fluids weren't leaking (the OB appointment was before my MFM appointment, so we didn't know my levels had gone back up yet).

So....... now we wait. Oye... I want this baby out! :)

Yay! I'm so glad your fluid levels are up!

I way overdid it yesterday, and I'm paying for it today. I was planning to spend today on the couch, but my mom had some Very Important Paperwork that my brother and I both had to sign, and insisted I get dressed and go to his shop so we could do it. I should have stuck to my guns and refused, but I let her push me into it, and I'm so sore now. As long as I don't actually move, I'm ok, but even just reaching for the glass of water on the table next to me sucks. I made sure to waddle and groan and look miserable the whole time so she'd realize I'm not messing around when I say I can't go out... This is the first day I've really felt like I'm ready for this to be over - I'm hope I'm back to my normal cheerful mild aches tomorrow, because we're not actually ready for the baby at all.

So happy your fluid went back up! Yay!!!

Baby is not sleeping with is, he will start in a cradle that we are being given then I'm not sure lol. I want to keep him in our room for about 6 mo but we will see.

Congrats on your shower I'm glad you had fun. I'm a little worried that mine will be like that, lots of little stuff and none of the big stuff. We haven't bought a thing either. My shower is in a little over two weeks so I guess we will see.

Amethyst I'm glad your fluids went back up.
Wow ladies you all have spent a ton on baby so far. We bought a pack and play to keep baby in our room when he came home and he doesn't like it. We only use the changing table part of it. We ended up getting a rock and play sleeper, it's the only thing he will sleep in other than my arms. I would suggest you stock up on diapers. I had two baby showers and no one bought things off my registry except my stepdad. We decided to forgo the nursery setup until baby was actually going to sleep there. If I could redo my registry I would only put diapers, nursing pads, laundry detergent, car seat, stroller, and baby carrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->