any plus size mummies to be?

We got mostly little stuff off the registry, but at least now I don't have to buy the little stuff. Mom gave us some money that we used on the crib and half the car seat, which helped a lot. I was really hoping someone would pick up the stroller, but oh well. We'll get it when our tax refund comes in. We're cloth diapering, and I thought at least a couple of the other cloth diaper families we know would be excited and get us some diapers off the registry, but no such luck. Nobody bought us disposables, either, though, so I guess they must have been paying attention.

I did put some diapers on mine, and I'd like to so at least part time cloth but didn't register as im going to go to a local shop and try a few different kinds I think.

I have a strong feeling we will not get a lot off the registry and what we do will be little stuff. Although my MIL knows about some of the bigger things we really want like the play yard and travel system so I'm hoping she passes that along to other family members. I'm expecting to have to buy that stuff myself anyway but hoping for skme gift cards and cash to help.

A rock n play sleeper is on my must list!

I just bought our rock n play sleeper, it came yesterday. I also forked out the money for the bathing set I had on my registry. It was funny cause my mom asked me about gifts I got and I said I didn't get much off my registry at all and I guess she was looking right at my registry and she said but most of the stuff says it was purchased? I said, yea .... BY ME! :)

I got the baby's room all set up now and it looks so nice. I like to go in there and sit in the rocking chair and just look around. You guys wanna see? :D This is a "sitting room" that we have directly off our master bedroom.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
Oh, it's wonderful! I love the curtains! I'm going to divorce DH and then murder him if he doesn't finish painting the nursery on Sunday so I can finish it...

SO I guess this will be my birth announcement tho it all happened so long ago..

On Thursday the 5th Of February my waters broke and it was discovered baby had poo`d in the waters so I was induced..and after 4 days of baby being back to back and the labor being excruciating and none progressing past 5cms.. I was taken for an emergency c-section..

Baby Austin Theodore, was born on Sunday the 8th of February at 39 weeks 1 day weighing 9lbs 9oz. Finally got home today and dont really know what to do with myself.. didnt expect to feel this overwhelmed..

Congratulations, MrsLemon! I hope you get into a rhythm soon. How's your recovery going? I love the name, our little guy is a Theodore too :)

Amythest you nursery is adorable! I love the rocker, it looks like one I registered for at Target.

MrsLemon, congrats on your baby, sorry you had such a rough time! I hope you get to feeling better about it all soon. But I'm so glad you all are okay :thumbup:

MrsK, your comment about your DH made me laugh! :haha: I'm going to use that one on mine!

Well we got a little surprise yesterday, the crib we put on our Amazon registry showed up at our house, it was from DH's mom, grandparents and aunt. Total shock! Had no idea they were planning that! They let it slip today that they are getting us the changing table to match as well. So I guess I'm getting a few things from the registry lol.

31 weeks today :happydance: DH's mom, grandma and uncle came to help paint today and we got almost all of it done. Just need one more coat on the closet and door frames and I think it's done! It's been slow but it's coming together.

I finally seem to look pregnant today. Just seemed to happen a few days ago and he seems positioned in a way today that it's even more noticeable. I wish I didn't have the B belly though, I think I'm destined to have it the entire pregnancy.

Congrats mrs lemon! Hope the overwhelming feeling passes soon! Dini don't worry about the b belly It will likely go away at least so it's not noticeble when ur wearing clothes. After a while ur belly will be so pronounced u won't care there might be a b I there somewhere like me.

Thanks lamago, I sure hope so. I should just be happy to at least look pregnant, even if it's as a "fat" pregnant woman lol. My clothes don't help really because I only have a few maternity tops and of course at work I wear scrubs and that doesn't help. I'm so glad he's coming in the spring so the weather will be decent and I can get out and moving soon after he arrives to lose some of the baby weight faster.

I bet you look more pregnant than you think you do. Though you may be right about the scrubs, they don't do anything for anybody...

Good news, ladies! I don't have to divorce and murder DH! The nursery is painted! Now we can work this week on getting furniture set up :)

It's true other ppl can usually tell more than we can ourselves. I was studying my week to week photos for differences and couldn't find any! Now it's no denying but I still feel I show less than others.

Yay for painted nursery!

Hehe I'm glad your nursery got painted! :)

Dini, don't feel bad... my belly didn't start REALLY sticking out till like a few weeks ago. Now I'm enormous but guess what I still have?!? A "B" belly! However, since the top of my belly sticks out so much, nobody can tell that its a b belly cause my clothes hang so far away from my stomach... unless I wear a fitted top of course, then you can see it.

I dunno why but I got a little worried over the weekend. I'm scared now that the baby might have dwarfism. Nobody (doctors) has said anything to me about it but I was reading some stuff about baby's femur being so far behind and the rest of him being ahead... that it really scared me! The last scan I had the baby's femur was measuring at 32 weeks but everything else was like 37 or 38 weeks (I was actually 35 weeks). That's a huge difference! The femur being behind was the only thing that brought the baby's "average" down and put him in the 80th percentile. Instead of the last time I checked and he was in the 97th percentile.

Could they just be overlooking this possibility or are there other indications on an ultrasound that would have tripped them off to this diagnosis? It of course does not run in either one of our families but I read that it can happen to anyone at any time.

I sent an email to the nurse this morning to ask the doctor for me, but now I'm so nervous that the baby might actually have it. :( Course, I did read that it was also hard to get femur measurements the later on in the pregnancy you are...but it just concerns me so much that every other part of the baby is ahead except that.

I wouldn't worry about dwarfism, hon. I did a lot of reading on this when Teddy's femurs measured short two scans in a row. There are generally other signs of dwarfism, or any other issue really. My OB stressed to me that it's a matter of millimeters at this point, so measurements aren't always accurate. And just like adults, some babies have shorter legs and some have longer legs. At our latest growth scan, everything came back within a week or so of where it should be, so it could be that your baby's legs are just due for a growth spurt, too. I know firsthand how hard it is not to worry, but chances are things are totally normal, and they're keeping a close eye on you so if anything get suspicious, they'll catch it right away.

Yea I guess you're right Mrs. K - I asked at my MFM appointment today and they sort of laughed at me for thinking the baby has dwarfism... the senior sonogram tech reviewed my stuff while we were there and she just said your baby doesn't have dwarfism he just has a huge head.... lol. I'm like oh great, that makes me feel so much better. :)

All is well... baby has "dropped" and is now camping out in my groin making it a little painful to walk. My fluid levels went up to 16 from 11 last week, so my low fluid number seems to be a mystery from 2 weeks ago. BP is perfect and my cervix is nice and closed still.

So, I guess no news is good news. :) There is also no signs indicating that they will have to induce me early at this point since my GD is pefectly controlled, fluid is good and the placenta looks ok.

Sounds like things are looking good! At 37 weeks, they can come if they feel like it anyway, so hopefully the next few weeks are uneventful.

Amythyst I'm glad all looks good! Hopefully you can rest a bit easier now. Gosh you guys are so close now!

Thanks Dini!

I'm super nervous and scared about delivery... Only like 2 weeks left, my birthday is next week and I still have tasks at work I need to teach other people how to do while I'm "out" on leave. Even though I'll be working a few hours a week still.

The baby's head is supposed to be really big and that scares me ... I'm scared of labor and maybe a little scared of "being a parent" for the first time too. :) I'm a control freak and there's so much going on that is out of my control that is driving me crazy. Heh.

I'm having a growth scan on Wednesday again - so I guess we'll see how it goes then. They haven't had any reasons to take him early or induce me so far, so that's good. They usually end up inducing most of their GD patients early cause the women never do what they are supposed to do and by 37 or so weeks they have to take the babies. Oh well... all I can do is wait. This pregnancy has been so easy I'm just waiting for the hard part to start lol. I have no sort of braxton hicks or anything. When I go in for monitoring they tell me I'm having contractions but I can't feel anything.

Amethyst I'm feeling the same way. So far a pretty easy pregnancy so I'm worried about the end! Just having trouble sleeping now with sore hips and frequent restroom visits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->