any plus size mummies to be?

2 weeks is so close! I have a little less than 8, well give or take. Seems like an eternity still but yet so soon.

I am allowing myself to take off work at 39 weeks if I am miserable so I could be done with work as early as 7 weeks now but I am hoping to work till my due date or when he comes.

Anyone ever have their urine come up positive for ketones?? Mine did Thursday, I saw it online. My doc hasn't called about it, so I am trying not to worry. It showed no glucose or anything else and it's not related to my sugar because I was cleared for GD and am still randomly checking them and they are great. Even after eating they are in the 80's-90's. I think it's because I was dehydrated. I worked the day before and I didn't get nearly as much to drink as I should have, as well as I hadn't eaten the day of my appt and it was in the afternoon. Sometimes I tend to forget to eat...

Those 8 weeks will fly by and drag at the same time. Sometimes I feel like I've been pregnant forever and sometimes I feel like I just got pregnant yesterday. I'm in total denial over how close I am to being due!

Hopefully the ketones don't amount to anything. Dehydration can do all kinds of weird things. Drink some water!

I am being induced next week!!! EEEEPS! :)

Nothing is wrong or anything but my MFM doctor always induces women at 39 weeks with GD. They called my OB today and let them know and I should know by Wednesday next week what day exactly it will be... will be any day after Wednesday.

Ahh induced! So many ladies are getting induced 37 or 38 weeks! Good luck! Exciting!

All the best ladies.. For first timers, enjoy all ur time u have left.. Go on dates with DH, girlfriends, sleep a lot, eat at ur fav restaurants.. This is going to b such a luxury afterwards..
Now I realize that being pregnant was sooooo easy :)

Seems like our thread has died down a lot. :( Hopefully everyone is doing well!

Well, no more being induced.... I'm now having a c-section on Friday morning. She said with the projected size of the baby and that this is my first child and there is no way to know if he might get "stuck" trying to come out naturally that a c-section is a better option. In a way, I'm sort of relieved... it takes the stress out of not knowing what labor will be like and also if I could push a 9 pound meatloaf out my hooha.

I also get 2 extra weeks of time off from work... so win-win. They checked my cervix today and its still closed and no sign of labor, so they thought inducing would probably take a long time for me or not work at all.

I bet it's good to have a plan, Amythyst! I'd be hesitant to try for an induction with no signs that my body is ready to go.

I'm doing ok over here. Just hanging on, waiting. As of my appointment yesterday, I'm about 50% effaced, and 1cm dilated, and baby's starting to engage, but the midwife seemed to agree with me that he's not in a hurry. I'm adding vaginal EPO to the oral EPO I started last week, and I'm going to try a few of the sillier things this week, too, like eggplant parmesan :D I always figured on him doing the typical first baby thing and coming about a week late, so it's not really bugging me, though I do worry about having to be induced if he's too comfy. I'm low on energy, napping every day, and now that he's engaging, it's definitely less comfortable getting around, but as long as I can nap when I need to and relax, I'm doing alright. DH thinks he'll show up Sunday, I'm voting for Friday the 13th because he was conceived on a Friday the 13th :D

LOL - yes I feel your pain. My cervix may not be "favorable" but the baby has dropped and is basically sitting on my vagina. They even had a hard time the last few days finding his heart beat because he was down so low. Walking is like torture... every step his big fat head bounces on my groin and its just totally uncomfortable.

When he wiggles around in there it makes me want to vomit cause he's like playing with all my organs or something and it makes my stomach do cartwheels. The other night I even woke up at 2 AM and actually did have to vomit.

I'm not sure I'd even be able to let my body go into natural labor if I could... I can't really tolerate being pregnant anymore. :)

I hope things progress well for you!! Wish me luck Friday - when I signed the consent form for the c-section and she went over the "risks" of having it done it scared me a little bit... but I think doing it naturally would have more of a risk. They are mostly worried that his shoulders are too broad and that his head would pop out ok but then his shoulders would get stuck and could paralyze him or cause me to have an emergency c-section anyways.

Aww, I'm sure it'll be fine. Cesarian birth wouldn't be my first choice, but especially when it's planned, I think the odds of anything bad happening are pretty low. It's just a longer recovery than an average vaginal birth, and I'm sure you'll handle that fine if you're prepared for it.

I'm looking forward to seeing more babies! Hopefully all the new mamas who haven't checked in lately are doing well, too.

Just checking in - I've been stalker-y lately! Been SO INCREDIBLY SICK this past few weeks. I haven't put on a single pound since getting pregnant - actually down 2 lbs. So that's good. Still not showing at all but it's kind of a relief since I'm interviewing for a big promotion at work on Tuesday! Don't want to officially announce at work until after I know if I got the job. Other than that, just sick sick and more sick... bleah.

Hi guys, I'm doing better - I was vomiting all liquids until 1:00 this morning when the nurse let me have some actual food. I had saltine crackers and chicken noodle soup... Which seemed to be the charm cause I had almost gone 24 hours without food.

I am not sure if my GD has gone away at this point. I haven't had any sleep since last night and after some ginger ale and the food I ate my numbers have been in the low 100's - which I assume is good for a no. Diabetic after eating that sort of stuff? The highest was 140 a little bit ago but I have been munching on regular crackers most of the night.

I also have not had any medications at this point. So I haven't taken any Metformin or blood pressure meds. My BP is slowly coming down on its own and she said it was normal after a c section for my BP to be elevated. She just checked it again and it as 147 over 88. So, better than 155 over 95 which it was earlier. When I had my traumatic experience with the spinal my BP went up to 179 over 120! Can you believe that? It quickly came down after that and they got me laying down. But man that scared me seeig that number.

Baby is doing well but he keeps spitting up his formula. I breast feed him once right after birth but I'm not sure anything came out. I was too sick with barfing after that to breast feed him again, so he has been on formula. I tried to give him my other breast earlier tonight but my nipple wouldn't get hard and kept flattening out so he couldn't even get a lock down on it. Hopefully things will work out and my milk will come. I could never even pinch colostrum out the whole pregnancy.

I have no pain and I was able to get up and move around tonight and get cleaned up. I'm not really bleeding crazy and I'm wearing my own nightgown and some sexy hospital pants with the biggest pad on I've ever seen.

Baby was 9.3 pounds and does have a big head and wide shoulders... So I'm glad I had the c section.

Congrats on the baby! What a chunker! I hope recovery goes well and your BP continues to drop.

congratulations Amethyst!

Keep trying with the Bf hun. Rohan wouldnt latch the first day either and was bottle fed till the next afternoon when he came out of nicu then he went on the boob for the next 2 days then back to bottles xx

How's Rohan doing? I've been wondering about him.

I made dinner last night in hopes of getting gravity on my side, and it definitely made an impact. I spent half the night having irregular contractions, and finally lost some plug. Contractions suck. I got terrible sleep, but they haven't started up again. But I am feeling more confident that I'll have a baby sometime in the next few days, instead of having to evict him. Works for me, I'd like to have this last day off with DH.

Gosh I missed a lot!!

Amythyst congrats on your baby boy! He sure was a big guy! Glad you got the section! I hope you get to feeling better and he takes to nursing soon.

MrsK, sounds like any day now! I'll have to check back in more often.

Tristansmom, glad you are doing okay. Sorry about your sickness though that must be rough. Good luck on the promotion!

Sethsmummy glad to see you and to know Rohan is good.

Gonna get lonely around here with you all having your babies! Hope some others start popping in.

Afm I'm hoping to work 3 more weeks and then take off because work is near impossible these days. I get exhausted by noon and atoll have 8 hours at that point to go and my carpal tunnel is making it so hard to do anything at all anymore. That's why I haven't been around, typing is rough! Otherwise I'm making it okay and trying to get ready for him.

Wow, you're a trooper, Dini! No way could I have worked those kinds of hours at any point in this pregnancy, aside from maybe one magical week in the second trimester ;)

I've had a few scattered mild contractions today, but nothing that feels like it's going to turn into real labor overnight. Hopefully soon, though! It's reassuring just to feel that things are getting ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->