Any solo mum's out there?

Okay so I have a couple of questions. Would you start tracking your cycle now? I know temping is popular and am considering getting a Basal temp thing. Anyone know what is a good one?

:hugs: I am so sorry Emma

Invivo I am a day behind you, 3 dpo.... just a waiting game from here :coffee:

Fairytales Ooooh exciting, tell us more :flower:

Darkness :wave: Well done on the weight loss :thumbup: I use a babymad themometer, does the job fine but I would much prefer if it had a backlight.

Keebs:I went ahead with my clinic after my appointment
& chose from the donor list there & I've completed my consent appointment
So I was waiting for O day but as it got closer I started to panic about everything however I've got myself back together now so it's just a waiting game again

Spud, I'm so sorry. Hang in there, we're here if you need us. :hugs:

Child2, I see that your ticker is back to CD1 -- did AF arrive? Onwards and upwards!!

Fairytales, there's no right path, just the one that's right for you. Sounds like you're well on your way! Have you decided yet when you plan your first try?

Darkriver, I hope the year doesn't drag too much. I had to take most of this year off due to not wanting to be too pregnant during a family holiday and it didn't drag as much as I thought it would. Starting to chart would be a great way to keep yourself sane. I didn't temp (never have), but I tracked symptoms of O and post-O, and I got a good idea of how my cycles worked.

Keebs and Melody, anything doing with you?

I'm feeling like I usually do mid 2WW. Too early to even start symptom spotting.

darkriver Hope your cardiologist app goes ok! I think a lot of us, even couples who are ttc keep things hush hush whilst they try. Sometimes fmaily members and friends can add to the stress and pressure of ttc. I know especially if you're trying as a smbc (single mother by choice) then people can just be so negative about it. Personally I have only told my mum and two friends. I have a blog too. It definitely helps doesn't it?

Getting the charting started early is definitely a good idea. The more you know about your body, the better. Temping isnt necessary, especially at the beginning. I got my bbt on ebay. It was only a couple of pounds and works fantastically. Make sure you search for an actual bbt and not just a thermometer.

fairytales87 Thanks hun, and congrats on officially getting the ball rolling with IUI! Aww its ok that you panicked. I'm sure a lot of us would do the same, but well done for preparing for your next ovulation. I have eeeeeeverything crossed that it wont take you long to get your bfp :hugs:

SpudsMama Still thinking of you hun. Maybe it'sa good thing you're taking November off. Give your mind and body a wee rest before trying again. Hope you're ok <3 :hugs: <3

InVivoVeritas Hey cycle buddy hehe Yeah im beginning to think it was. I've never had one of those before. Some women seem to think it could be a good sign :wacko: I googled estregon dominance but got confused. So many articles :cry: TWW driving you crazy yet? lol. :hugs:

AFM Temps are back up again so I have no idea what's going. I think like Vivo said, it must have been a second estrogen surge. I'm cd5/6 today and have nothing symptom related to report. I kind of want this 2ww to hurry up so i can find out but im also scared of seeing yet another bfp.

InVivo Yup. The :witch: got me. I'm calm and relaxed. I just knew it wasn't my cycle but my body played tricks on me.

Good on you, Child, staying so calm. That's a great attitude and one I can never manage myself. Onwards to your next try, right?

And Melody, how are you feeling now cycle-buddy? I'm glad your temps went back up again, and I've got everything crossed that the dip means something very good for you this month. Half way there now, right?

I'm 7dpo, and don't feel any different from any other cycle. This time, though, I'm not dwelling over every twinge. Progress!

:hugs: C2H sorry af came, here's to the next cycle :dust:

Thanks for explaining fairytales I don't imagine there are many of us who have gone through this without a wobble or two :loopy: it's such a major life change... and our route to motherhood is still relatively unconventional to the wider world. Once we are out the other side of our wavering our conviction and desire for this is all the stronger, and that (I am convinced) makes us great mummies in the end :flower: :angelnot:

6 dpo for me and remarkably calm (I think c2h is rubbing off on me :flower:) although that may be because, realistically, it is only a miniscule chance this time. Or maybe it's an October thing because I feel much like I did 1st time ttc (not expecting it but still slightly hoping) Will test on Friday if af stays away, although if this cycle is like last one she'll arrive on Wed :growlmad:

Invivo and Melody have you guys got a test date in mind?

Can't wait to see what your chart does tomorrow Melody... a big rise might just make me poop my pants in excitement :haha: You don't provide me with a chart to stalk Invivo :)growlmad:) so I have to wait for manual updates :coffee:

Good luck everyone :dust: I may not be obsessing about a bfp this time, but it's almost painful how much I want this (for all of us ttc and wtt) :flower: :kiss:

This weekend has been tough. On Thursday I had a visit from ex husband gran who is more of a grandparent then any of our parents. She asked if I planned to date again soon. I explain I was happy being single. She then asked if I wanted any more children. I didn't know what to say. I said I did but obviously I wasnt in the position and she automatically assumed that my DD was going to be an only child.

Vivo Heeey cycle buddy. How you

Keebs Aww that's good you're staying so calm :hugs: I'm slowly getting nervous. I know you didnt inseminate at the most perfect time but all it takes is one little :spermy: to get too that egg, and I really have read about sperm lasting up to 7 days in there. I have my fx for you <3 I got a dip yesterday but then a massive rise today. I just have no idea whats going on! I feel sick lol. Never had a temp higher than 36.90 and today was 37.2! :wacko:

darkriver Oh hun that must have been awkward. We've all been there though. It's difficult to not scream at people who dont know what you're doing. But keeping things secret is usually for the best. Could you tell her your plans? Or would she not agree with how you're choosing to have a second child?

fairytales, I didn't realise that you intended to go ahead this next O! That's really big news, no wonder you got a bit nervous. Anything we can do to help you stay calm, just let us know. When do you expect to O?

Keebs, good on you for staying so calm. Yes your BFP is less likely, but there are an awful lot of stories out there who tried just as long before O and got their BFP. Besides, getting a positive on your first try is just as unlikely. :winkwink:

Darkriver, how awkward for you. By the same token, though, you've now planted the idea in ex-gran-in-law's mind. And I'm sure she'd much prefer a new baby on the way with no pesky man in the way to interfere with her relationship with DD.

Melody, that sounds really promising, especially at this stage after O! When do you plan to test?

Me, I'm 8dpo today and that's when my symptoms kick in every cycle. The lovely, calm first week of the 2WW is over and from this point I'll be an insane mess. With LittleMan I saw a BFP at 11dpo with a digi, so my plan is to test at 10dpo (Wednesday) with a FRER. I'm very nervous because I want this so very badly.

Best of luck to all of us, this next week in particular.

Vivo I wrote a massive reply to you in my last post and it somehow got deleted to just "Heeey cycle buddy. How you" hahahaha. Yeah ff says im 9dpo today but i could be 8. I'm really nervous. I dont want to get my hopes up too much, cause it would just be devastating to get yet another bfn :cry: This is my 11th try! But yeah my temp dipped and went back up again to a really high 37.2 and today i feel sick and like im getting a cold.

Awww I hope we can both stay calm lol. I dont know when I'm going to test. I think your plan sounds good. Af is due Saturday/Sunday so I might try to hold out until Friday, but i dont know if i can stop myself from buying a frer after work today lol.

Lots and lots of :dust: for you hun. I reeeeally hope this is it for you... and me :happydance: <3

She is very old fashioned and doesnt understand about stuff like that.

Darkriver, I'm sorry that having her bring up the subject ruined your weekend. Remember, though, that you don't have to tell anybody you don't want to even when the baby's here. A lot of the people around me still don't know where LittleMan came from, and I don't encourage questions.

Melody, how's that temp looking today? And did you buy that FRER on your way home from work? I'm nearly as excited for your test as I am for my own.

Keebs, is the insanity hitting you yet?

Me, I'm shuttling between hopeful and not getting my hopes up, and I'd really like to know one way or the other before I drive myself nuts.

darkriver Ah well I guess it would be better to keep it from her... for now. You never know though, family can surprise you.

Vivo My temps are all over the place. I'm trying not to read into it too much but I caved and tested. Actually I tested last sunday too lol. Both bfns. I know it's super early but I cant help but feel like I'm out this month. I'm feeling very emotional and a tiny bit crampy so I think that's it for me :cry: I dont have anymore tests in the house so hopefully I can hold out until af is due. Hope you're not driving yourself crazy lol :hugs:

No insanity invivo, well maybe just a touch :blush: mostly I'm accepting this is not my cycle but every now and a little glimmer of hope appears and the madness tries to take hold. Had an urge to :test: this morning (despite massive nose dive in temps :haha:) but fortunately no tests in the house, working tomorrow and Thurs (whole cupboard full of them there) so that will be the real test.

I will be strong! No... really, I will :rofl:

Honestly though, I think if I can get an lp of 11 days or more I'll count this cycle a success.

Really, really hope this is your cycle :dust:

Melody Got so excited when I saw your chart, I hope you are wrong and your next af is over a year away :dust: :hugs: :dust:

Darkriver :hugs: Ttc in secret is hard, hard, hard.

I bet she'll be overjoyed when she meets her next grandchild regardless :flower: My Gran is aware that dd is a donor child, but totally doesn't believe it. She insists there is a neglectful father out there. I just leave her to it :shrug:

Aw, Melody! I know how awful the brash of a BFN feels, even when you do test early :hugs:

10dpo is still pretty early though -- I had a BFN at 10dpo when I was pregnant with LittleMan. Don't give up until you hear that old witch singing.

And Keebs, I think out of all of us you're going to be the one who pulls out that BFP!

No insanity invivo, well maybe just a touch :blush: mostly I'm accepting this is not my cycle but every now and a little glimmer of hope appears and the madness tries to take hold. Had an urge to :test: this morning (despite massive nose dive in temps :haha:) but fortunately no tests in the house, working tomorrow and Thurs (whole cupboard full of them there) so that will be the real test.

I will be strong! No... really, I will :rofl:

Honestly though, I think if I can get an lp of 11 days or more I'll count this cycle a success.

Really, really hope this is your cycle :dust:

Melody Got so excited when I saw your chart, I hope you are wrong and your next af is over a year away :dust: :hugs: :dust:

Darkriver :hugs: Ttc in secret is hard, hard, hard.

I bet she'll be overjoyed when she meets her next grandchild regardless :flower: My Gran is aware that dd is a donor child, but totally doesn't believe it. She insists there is a neglectful father out there. I just leave her to it :shrug:
She wont be a grandparent to the next one. She is my ex husbands gran.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->