Any solo mum's out there?

KN I think that is the same stuff. I haven't had any negative effects from it but I really think it is regulating my cycles. So even though its upsetting that I've missed yet another month :(, at least hopefully the time i need to wait each month will be shorter!

It looks like I o'd on the 4th which was cd18. I usually o on cd27! My cycles usually last 40 days so I'm excited to see if af shows on the 28th day :O

Have you o'd yet? Your donor sounds lovely. We definitely need more guys like that. The in town one I spoke to has just had his std tests done, he should get the results in about 10 days. so hopefully [-o< we'll be set for January! I hope you o soon if you haven't already. I wanna see that BFP! x

Lovelymo How are you feeling? The tww can drive you insane. I was testing every day from like 8dpo lol

Kedwards Heeey welcome:hi: Everyone's lovely here, hope you enjoy the thread. I use softcups too as well as syringes. I was thinking of putting the spermies right into the cup but it sounds like that's a bit tricky. I really hope it works for you this cycle.

Are there no suitable donors who are a bit closer to you?

Melodyy,

Thank you for the welcome! :hugs: As for putting spermies into the cup, I would suggest, no. Only because (okay this is gonna be TMI but what the heck; we strive on those infos :blush:) our vagina naturally just closes up tightly. So when we are trying to put in the cup with the :spermy:, our vagina does not open up like a jar to just slip it in. No, it stays contracted and therefore squeezes the cup and then :spermy: just leaks out. Big no no for me. As for a donor, no luck on a good closer one. I would love to have my donor closer to me but I just hope that this will happen soon enough. I have one vial left and I hope I may not have to use it.

AFM: 2 days ago I inseminated. That was a hectic day. So first the Fedex package showed up really late instead of in the morning like it was supposed to. So I could not inseminate before work. So I had my neighbor keep my box outside since it is cold and when I got home, I grabbed the box, opened it and got the vial out and immediately stuck it between boobies. Then I changed clothes and went to the bathroom when I realized, NO SOFTCUP! So looked in the box again and donor forgot to include it. He was very apologetic about that. So I figured okay that's not a big deal. So then I'm like, uh, how am I gonna get it in me? :dohh: So I was like, okay, let's just kinda do a head stand and put the vial in and let it pour out straight down inside. Well I'll be as the darn :spermy: would not get out of the vial that way. It was so strange. So I thought well maybe put it up there more. Stupid wall just sucked up the vial and I'm like :dohh:, how the heck am I gonna get it back out?! After digging around to get a grip on the slippery thing, I finally got and whatdaya know, :spermy: still inside the vial!!! I was okay I got one more option to do. Use the spector and open the wall and use the mirror and flashlight to see the cervix. Then I was able to pour it directly on the cervix and squirt some preseed on top. Then finally, I went and laid in bed for a while and rotated laying on my side while watching tv and playing on my tablet. WHEW... glad that was done. So I'm not very hopeful on this insemination because of how long the Fedex took (which never happens) and when I finally got home. But still can happen maybe. :thumbup:

Omg...Kedwards, your story just had me literally LOLed!! Imagining you trying to get the vial back out...and the sperm still in there! Lol!

I work as an RN and wish I could just send you all 1ml syringes...would make it a lot easier! Lol!

Melody: Oh yeah - I was looking at buying it, might look at it for the new year :). See if it helps at all.
Wow 10 days early! Will be interesting to see/hear - let us know! All the best for you! Hopefully once your cycles get regular - and shorter, you'll have more luck!

Lovelymo: Aww, Don't give up till you see AF! Fingers crossed for you! Wanna see some BFP's round here! Maybe skipping town will relax you and you might have more chance! They say when you relax more - the chances are higher!
All the best anyway! Lots of baby dust to you too! Keep us posted, and if nothing else - enjoy your break :). As for you drs - wish they'd get back to you, put your mind at rest more!

Kedwards: - As Melody said, Welcome to you :) Everyone is lovely! We all have our own little journeys - but the one common thing, is we're all single ladies ttc :D Sounds like a tricky road with your ex - I'm sure you dd would love a little sibling! How old is she? :). Goodluck with it all this month! Would be lovely to see you with a bfp straight off as well!! :D

As for myself, Well I'm going with my instincts rather than my ovulation microscope! Lots of ewcm the past 2/3 days - so don't want to miss ovulation!! Inseminated today - but for some odd reason, a lot came straight back out - so I'm hoping that some of it managed to get in and around my cervix so the little swimmers can get up. I'll be inseminating tomorrow too. Officially have begun the tww now again :).

KN, my DD is 9 years old. She's very anxious to know yet. But I told her that it's hard to know when I will be pregnant, if I do get to be pregnant.

Omg...Kedwards, your story just had me literally LOLed!! Imagining you trying to get the vial back out...and the sperm still in there! Lol!

I work as an RN and wish I could just send you all 1ml syringes...would make it a lot easier! Lol!

LOL!!! Yeah I was like oh gosh! LOL! That would be awesome..LOL. I don't know where to get one. It was said that it's like the children's medicine dispenser???

LOL!!! Yeah I was like oh gosh! LOL! That would be awesome..LOL. I don't know where to get one. It was said that it's like the children's medicine dispenser???

Yes! It's like a children's medicine dispenser, somewhat. Or like an insulin syringe, when people give themselves insulin, but without the needle.
Go to your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist, or someone who works there, where are the needle-less syringes. They should be able to point you in the right direction. It should be the smallest, like 1 ml.

AFM: started spotting this am when I wiped. Pretty much out. Ugh!

Yes! It's like a children's medicine dispenser, somewhat. Or like an insulin syringe, when people give themselves insulin, but without the needle.
Go to your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist, or someone who works there, where are the needle-less syringes. They should be able to point you in the right direction. It should be the smallest, like 1 ml.

AFM: started spotting this am when I wiped. Pretty much out. Ugh!

Thanks, so much! Sorry AF got you. :hugs:

Hey welcome Frenchtoast! Sounds like you've got everything sorted and are well on your way to your BFP. I hope you get a positive this cycle! Same goes for all you othher ladies currently in your tww. [-o< I hope you're not out lovelymo and that it's just ib.

Gosh kedwards that sounds like such a crazy time, but well done you for getting it done in the end. I know you must have been through an ordeal with your ex like KN said. I just hope you can enjoy yourself on this forum and get that bfp as soon as poss!

You seriously have me thinking about this whole postal samples :D I wasn't aware sperm could last long enough to be sent like that but after reading up on stuff I can see that with the write delivery packages, it can last up to 96 hours! This could be the answer to my distance worries.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I may have found a donor who is really understanding about my unruly cycles and has suggested donating every week until I get a positive opk :D

Hi all! So, I'm officially out. AF came exactly when I knew she wohuld...today on my way home from Jersey.

I'm actually gonna skip this cycle in December and get a HSG done. I'll be ovulating in Christmas Day and won't be in state to do an IUI so gonna wait until January. Hope all is well with all!

Sorry to hear that mo:hugs: But we persevere! On to the next cycle. I missed my chance this month so I'll be joining you in January.

x

I can't tell you all how happy I am to have found this forum... I actually clapped when I did:laugh2:

Unlike all of you, I'm not TTC just yet. I'm trying to have a cushy savings first and it will take me a few more months.

I'm 35 and ending a relationship. We live together and we're in that 'transition' stage of him finding a new place to live and officially ending out relationship. I've decided that I don't want to waste any more time trying to find Mr. Right (or Mr. Right-ish) and I'd rather just go ahead and be a single mom by choice.

Although I'm not TTC now, we had been for a few years and I know all the stress/fun of dpo-counting, ewcm monitoring and obsessing over "is there a faint line or not". We were trying for 2 years before we discovered that my partner has fertility challenges. This is not the reason we're ending out relationship, we just couldn't make it work.

I'm really excited to get start and wish all of you BFPs! I'll be watching this threat :)

Hi there & big welcome to you as well timetobemommy. Good idea to join anyway - you will start ttc soon, and when you do will be nice to know theres a big support network - and also during the wait before you start ttc hopefully you find some light & info through all our stories! Sorry to hear you're going through the ending of a relationship, but good on you for going with what your heart wants - It's not an easy road going through the single mum by choice! I haven't told many of my family what I'm going through - simply because my family are very traditional - and wouldn't 'get' it. Is why I love this forum - coz people actually do get it!

And seeing all the stories of ladies like yourself who have been through relationships who haven't worked etc - I sort of think, well im nearly 21 - and this is what I want. I might as well give it my best shot whilst I'm still in the "highly fertile" space so to speak. Although I probably know more successes in pregnancy in 30-40 gap rather than the 20-30!

Anyway, as i said - big welcome and good luck when you do get started!

Lovelymo: Sorry to hear that AF came :( It's so disapointing - but goodluck with your next cycle! *hugs*

Hi timetobeamummy :hi: Welcome! You really will love it here. Like KN said, it's a very supportive group of women ttc on their own.

AF came for me today, and for once I'm extremely happy lol. My cycles have gone from 40 days to 28! I also o'd on cd18 this time round, instead of cd27, woohoo. I hope it stays like this lol.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. x

o00oo good luck for your cycle Melody :)
Planning around a 28 day is much easier than an unruly 40 day!
Goodluck! Do you have plans to 'babymake' this cycle?

How's everyone else going? How's your trip been lovelymo?

I've got 2 more days of waiting - feeling anxious. Want to test now; but not entirely convinced, have only one pregnancy test left - so trying to save it. I buy mine online - and they won't arrive until after new years :(
Symptoms? None :(. Actually, nausea - but only at night time when I climb into bed? For the past 4 nights I've been laying there contemplating whether or not i should get up and vomit, or just ride it out. Weird. Bit of heartburn when I drink anything (water, fanta, anything). I'm not convinced though - it could just be heat etc. Will see in 2 days I guess :)

Hello there everyone, hope I can join.

I have two daughters, 12 and 15, from a long term relationship and a little man, 17 months, through at home insemination with donor sperm. I'm currently 1dpo of my first cycle ttc just one more.

It sounds like a lot of kids written down like that, but my girls are getting prepared to be independent, thinking about college, and I had so much fun raising them that I want to do the same again with LittleMan and a sibling.

I'm 41 so opportunities are running out fast. I hope it doesn't take too long this time.

Hello there everyone, hope I can join.

I have two daughters, 12 and 15, from a long term relationship and a little man, 17 months, through at home insemination with donor sperm. I'm currently 1dpo of my first cycle ttc just one more.

It sounds like a lot of kids written down like that, but my girls are getting prepared to be independent, thinking about college, and I had so much fun raising them that I want to do the same again with LittleMan and a sibling.

I'm 41 so opportunities are running out fast. I hope it doesn't take too long this time.

Hi there :) Welcome! Doesn't sound like heaps of kids, sounds like a lovely sized family :). I'm sure your older two will love having little siblings too! Goodluck with your cycles - hopefully you get your BFP in no time at all!

Welcome Invivo! I agree with KN. doesn't sound like a lot of kids. Sounds like you're a wonderful mum who cant wait to start the fun all over again. Hope you enjoy yourself here :) Will you be using the same donor as the one you had for your son?

Aww KN, I know it's hard not to symptom spot but eeeek Im getting excited for you. I hope you get your BFP! Nausea and heartburn sound promising.

I most certainly will be ttc this month. If my cycles stay the way they are, I'll be most fertile just after Christmas :/ lol. I was worried that my donor (new one) wouldn't be able to travel over the holidays but he has assured me that he's free and will be happy to donate a few days in a row, so fx!

Thank you both. I love being a Mam and honestly I don't find it very difficult to do it on my own.

K.N., sounds very promising -- I don't really think there's much difference symptom-wise between pregnant and non-pregnant in the early weeks. No way to know except test. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

melodyy, that's great that you won't miss this cycle. Even better that he can donate more than once. A baby started at the holidays would be very special.

I really hope that this is the cycle for all of us. I'd love to have people who understand to go through the next pregnancy with.

Hi all! I had a good trip to NJ and on my way to Atlanta today! I'm waiting to ovulate but since I'm missing this cycle, I'm just documenting what I see and feel. Hopefully, I'll have more information.

I'll be doing my cycle in January, though!

Yeah it is hard not to symptom spot! But I've been let down by false symptoms month after month - so finding it better to get through the wait, and not get so let down :). Really really crossing fingers though! What better time of year to find out? My very own little christmas miracle!

Melody - That's great that your donor is ready to travel, all my fingers are crossed for your christmas miracle too!!

It would be awesome by some chance to go through pregnancy with the same people I'm going through TTC with! Lets hope :).

Lovely Mo - Glad your enjoying your trip :) Hopefully when you get back you'll be all refreshed and have no trouble conceiving!

Positive thoughts all round! :D

Hello again ladies! I'm glad to see there are more new faces! We can rock this single mom stuff!! :-D

I'm recovering from my first BFN. I'm having a hard time understanding, since all systems seemed a go! I am wondering if the Ovidrel made me ovulate on the early side? My iui was 36 hours later.

My RE wants to switch to Femara and injectables for cycle 2. Nervous about $ but I have to do it!!

The one blessing was that the first time I went to the bathroom after the heartbreaking phone call, the Witch was there! So I don't have to wait long to start the next attempt. It usually takes a couple of days after to get to CD 1, so hoping I will be popping Femaras for Christmas and maybe have the iui January 6 or 7. Not too long to wait.

The hard part for me is that the "first time" felt kinda magical...I know, what's magical about a speculum and a catheter filled with some mystery mans baby juice right?! Haha!! But really, I felt so much like it worked, I got loopy and talked to my tummy for 12 days there. And sad to think no one was in there! I even wrote a letter to baby...well, I can write one every month, right!! I'm not stopping even if it takes IVF.

This experience has truly made me appreciate how much I want to be a mommy!!

Hope we all get BFPs for New Years!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->