Any solo mum's out there?

Hey all! I had my IUI #3 on Friday. I am wishing, hoping AND praying this is the lucky charm! I actually felt ovulation pains going into the IUI. When I went in for my scan on Wednesday, I had 5 (!) follies but all except one were 11mm and smaller. The biggest one was 20mm so I triggered at 3am on Thursday and went for the IUI on Friday at 3pm.

Last time I played Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" during my IUI. But, this time, I changed donors and my donor is a cellist who loves Bach. So, for this IUI, I placed my cell phone over my uterus area and played the album I bought off of iTunes - Yo-Yo Ma playing various Bach pieces on his cello. Thought the little swimmers would get excited off of that!

I am now in Vegas, relaxing and destressing for the first half of my 2ww!

Good luck for the 2WW then, Mo. I hope you're having a good time in Vegas.

Mo you rock. I love that you play music to your womb during iui hehehe. I have no idea what all those follicle measurements mean but I'm guessing they're all good signs lol. Feeling o pain is a definite bonus. Not many women do. Enjoy your time in Vegas. I'm so jealous. Great way to spend your tww. Good luck hun xxx

Aww Caite you're very sweet. Still no change though :'( I'm feeling really low at the moment but it could just pms coupled with frustration and confusion. I cried watching Despicable me lol. What a random dream you had. I guess you're feeling anxious about ttc. Not long ot go now. x

I hope all you other lovely ladies are doing well. x

Well, FX for you Melody. I didn't realise I was anxious, but now you've mentioned it, I think I might be anxious about it not working. It was a proper weird dream, too. Quite funny, though!

Wow Mo - Agree with Melody; that's so cool that you played music, I love the dedication! All the best for this cycle!! Fingers crossed big time, Goodluck :).

Any news yet Melody?? Sounds like a horrible wait for you so far if still no BFP! :(

My monthly came and went, couple of days early - but only a couple, lasted 2 days, text my donor and all set for insemination early feb :). Can't wait to get back home! Sick of all the earthquakes we've been thrown with! House is constantly shaking with aftershocks since the 6.2 quake on the 20th Jan. Don't know if you've heard over there, probably not - the north island news isn't anywhere near as *exciting* as the south island, (if you can call it excitement lol).

that's so cheap for vitex! 2 pound, is only like $4nz - I paid about $27.00 for 100 tablets - and that wasn't even the "licensed" brand. But it's all the same stuff anyway, so i didnt mind too much.

Wow, KN, 6.2 is quite big, isn't it? I hadn't heard anything about an earthquake. I think, when I went on holiday years ago, that there was a small earthquake or something, as I was awoken by the bed shaking, and that was quite scary. I was in that half awake half asleep state where everything seems more intensified. I thought someone was trying to break in at first.

Melody, you must be getting so impatient. I hope you get your BFP soon - or at least find out for definite one way or the other :hugs:

Oh gosh! No I haven't heard about the earthquakes, but to be honest, I never read newspapers or watch the news on tv lol. It just bums me out.

So KN you're all set for Feb. Aww I hope it all goes well. Lots and lots of baby dust to you! xxx

No news yet ladies. I've moved past depression to anger lol. Not really, but I am frustrated. I just want to get on with the next cycle. I used to have irregular periods when I was younger, and since i began charting the longest cycle i had was 40 days. The Vitex helped regulate things, but maybe it has stopped working :( I'll be at the 40 day mark tomorrow. So expecting AF on Friday but who knows.

There is still a tiny part of me that is holding onto the possibility I might be pregnant....

Thanks for all the support girls. xxxx

6.2 is big - but not huge, but only because it was relatively deep :). if it was closer to the surface - houses would probably have fallen - and damage would be way more severe. So we're just lucky really :) They're still predicting a bigger one, but positive thinking makes me say that they're all over now! :D.

Oh Melody - That's got to suck your so late and still testing negative :( Have you run blood tests yet? Or just waiting till the 40 day mark?Really really hoping that you get answers soon :(. AF will be devastating, but least you could stop waiting :(. BFP however would soon wash all the stress/anger from waiting away! So fingers are still crossed!!

Stay safe KN! :hugs:

I've got the docs tomorrow so I can request a blood test form, then I'm going to the hospital on Monday to get it done as it's quicker there than booking an appointment at my doctors. Obviously I wont do anything if af comes before then.

I had a huge temp dip today which usually mean's af is on her way. We shall see tomorrow. Sometimes I cant wait to go to sleep just so i can wake up to take my temp lol.

i tried to start a similar thread when i was trying but kept getting people who left their partners while pregnant rather than single moms by choice. i ended up doing 4 rounds of iui (and at the 4th round the doc finally tested the sperm like i kept asking and discovered it was crap despite coming from a sperm bank),. i was gonna do 1 more iui with a different donor but was so annoyed at that point i decided to just do ivf. i now have 11 month old twins.

i used European sperm banks of america because i wanted open id so the kids would have the choice of finding the donor if they want.

Nice to hear a good outcome, Drsquid. How do you find being a single mum by choice (I have some friends who are single mums, but that's cos they have split up with their partners and have all the difficulties that brings), and especially to twins?

Melody, I'm still hoping for a BFP for you.

Nice to hear a good outcome, Drsquid. How do you find being a single mum by choice (I have some friends who are single mums, but that's cos they have split up with their partners and have all the difficulties that brings), and especially to twins?

Melody, I'm still hoping for a BFP for you.

Hi ladies, I've been reading the post for a while without posting but your question is a good one. I am lucky enough to have an almost 4 year old ds from my 3rd iui using an annonimous donor, so most definitely a smbc. I read the 'single parent' thread sometimes but find it very hard to relate to. There is no annamosity in the house, no arguments about finance or custody, no 'who gets him this Christmas', it's in no way similar. I don't carry any resentment for a missing father, in fact the complete opposite, when the time is right I will speak very highly of the amazing generosity of the man who gave me my fabulous boy. Because I planned this path I had time to adjust my life style, move closer to family and sort out my work so that I can spend as much time with him while he's young. Good luck to you all.

That's good to hear, Rags. I'm glad it's a lot different compared to single mums who don't do it through choice. One of my friends is going through all the battles about access and money and everything at the moment (her ex is a nightmare!). And it's that sort of thing which makes me want to do this alone. I've never been in a relationship where I thought he had father potential, and don't particularly want to settle for someone with whom I don't see a long term future as it would just end up being so difficult.

drsquid - Its so nice to have you here. Its great speaking to women who have conceived and are smbc (totally had to look that up lol). It gives me hope and reaffirms my belief that I'm doing the right thing. I'm soooo jealous you have twins. I pray for twins lol. They are beautiful x

Rags - Same to you. Welcome :hugs: Everything you said about arguments and animosity is definitely a huge part of why I'm choosing to do this alone.

Aww and thanks Catie. I know there's only a tiny tiny chance, but still... its a chance lol.

So I saw the doctor. She asked me about my cycles and possible symptoms since i last inseminated. Took my blood pressure etc and thankfully gave me my blood test form. I've heard that doctors can be reluctant to send you for blood tests until you're a month late lol. Anyway im scheduled for one on Monday, then should get my results by Wednesday.

xxx

I just realised what smbc means! :dohh: In one way, I would really love to have twins. On the other hand, it sounds so, so scary, and I really want a homebirth!

Melody, I got excited when I saw you were the last one to post. I thought there was going to be news. I'm pleased that the doctor is taking things seriously for you. I hope you get a good result in the next few days/Wednesday.

Awww Caite I wish I had good news lol :hugs: Well there's still hope.

So last night I had terrible cramps. They wern't my typical AF cramps but I was expecting the witch this morning. Still nothing :/ so I went ahead with my blood test. I have been on the verge of throwing up all day, but it could be nerves. I was told I could get my results tomorrow morning because its a pregnancy test. So that was great news.

I'll let you all know as soon as I find out what's going on :wacko:

xx

:hugs: that's good that you can get your results tomorrow morning. I really, really hope they tell you you're pregnant. But even if they don't, which will suck, you won't be in limbo any longer about whether you are pregnant or not. You must be getting so anxious/fed up/impatient about this cycle now.

Aww thanks :) It has been very frustrating, not knowing anything. Its so emotional ttc. You don't want to get your hopes up too much, because of how painful it is when you get a bfn. But then you don't want to be all pessimistic about things, because you end up depressed all the time lol.

You've got all this to come lol, but if it is a lot easier with the support you get on here x

Oh Melody - Am so praying for you! Must be so hard atm!! Hope there's a bfp in those blood tests for you. And as Caite said - glad the Dr's are taking you seriously.

Welcome too DrSquid - I tried to create a forum like this a couple times, but it never took off - till this one, now it's filled with all sorts of smbc for different reasons!
Did you ever give in-home insemination a try? Or only clinical? Fair enough about wanting open id - Congrats about your twins :) I have 7yo twin sisters, some days they're little delights, other - not so much hahaa. Love them to bits though, and for a smbc - I'm sure twins were a perfect little surprise for you!

Well i got the ultimate :bfn: this morning :cry::cry::cry: My blood work came back and it was negative. I feel stupid for even thinking I could be pregnant. My body is a mess. CD45 and i haven't a clue what's going on. Trying not to let it get me down though. I hope everyone is doing alright. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->