Any solo mum's out there?

French Toast - That's a shame about your first negative :( They're so gutting huh! I remember my first - I knew the chances were slim, but my hopes were so high! Baby making on the 6th will be a lucky day ;) - My birthday!.
That's so sweet about writing letters! I tried keeping a blog - but it was too hard; but letters are such a cool idea. Course you can write one every month! Your baby/kid/teen will appreciate them as they gain understanding etc! To hear the journey their mama went through!

Af due today - not gunna bother testing - got some cramping going on - only a matter of time now :(.

K.N don't write yourself off over some cramping. I always cramp really strongly when I'm pregnant, I think it's the uterus starting to stretch.

Fingers crossed for you.

K.N don't write yourself off over some cramping. I always cramp really strongly when I'm pregnant, I think it's the uterus starting to stretch.

Fingers crossed for you.

Naw - Thanks for the positive thoughts!
AF came mid arvo though :(. Guess one good thing is that she was actually on time this month! I'm on hold now until Feb (We're taking a months break as I'm going away early Jan for 4 weeks) - Sooo all the best of luck to all you other ladies! x

Awww K.N I'm so sorry to hear that she showed up. Hope your trip away in January is awesome.

Happy holidays ladies I hope you're all well :hugs:

Thanks for all the fx. A Christmas/New Years miracle would be perfect, but if it doesn't happen, at least there'll be plenty of us trying in January. Loads of support :thumbup:

Sorry to hear you got a bfn French Toast. The first hits you harder than you think it would. I was so sure I was pregnant my first try, was talking to my tummy and all sorts. I blame the symptom spotting lol. You're definitely not loopy. Also sorry af got you this cycle KN. Onto January! Every bfn is an opportunity to learn more about our cycles.

I did my last insemination today. Pretty sure I'll o today/tomorrow morning. I got o pain this morning. Just going to temp to confirm it, but it looks like i'll be entering the tww :wacko: I'm going to try my hardest not to symptom spot, just keep busy until af is due.

x

Loads of new people - hi.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. it hit me over Christmas that next time, I could be pregnant, it was a very exciting thought but also just a little bit scary. It could be as little as 3 months until I start TTC, which again is exciting but scary!

Has anyone given much thought to the practicalities when they are pregnant? One of my neighbours is very pregnant at the moment, she was due Christmas day, and, talking to her partner, it kind of got me thinking about when (if) I am at that stage, what am I going to do? I mean, I sort of already know what I want for labour etc (a lovely relaxed home birth), but then there are all the practical things I would have to consider - getting my birth partner here (which I think would be my mum) what to do with the dogs (they would go to my mums, but, if my sister was working, not sure how they would get there - they would have to go in my car but my mum wouldn't drive it) and then, what if I couldn't have a home birth and had to have a birth on the consultant unit for whatever reason, there would be all the same issues, plus getting my mum to drive to the hospital. Phew - I think I did slightly too much thinking over Christmas!

Hiya ladies - Have been away for a few days over xmas - just enjoying having the family over, and then took a trip down to see my dad, which being 6 hours away - took a full day out on its own!

Goodluck for your tww melody! Lots of babydust your way. Hoping you get you bfp!
I've started taking vitex capsules too now - got some ferning on my ovulation test yesterday - and my temp was up to 36.9 from the normal 36.3/36.4. So hoping it means ovulation is on its way - should be the 6th if all goes to plan. I'm not inseminating this month, seeing as I'm 6 hours away from my donor - and I thought that being new years, A 1 month break wouldn't be such a bad thing, and we'll get back into it when I'm home!

Also Caite! Wow that's a scary thought huh. I first started ttc in Feb - And I was thinking, wow - if the first month was a success - I'd have a newborn in my arms right now, and I'd be a parent. Was crazy - just gives me all the motivation to keep at it!

Thoughts on practicalities. Not tooo much yet, I am dreading the morning/all day sickness that every pregnancy in my families has brought on. Being such a small frame, and already having a sensitive stomach and bowel - that is on my mind more than anything!
But in terms of birth and labour - My mum will be there. And either my sister or a close friend. I also want to save up the money and get a birth photographer. I don't care how much or little it costs, I just want a photographer there to capture all the moments and first cuddles and all that stuff. I'm the photographer in my family - but I'll be a bit pre occupied. I don't have any other kids - and my only pet is a cat, so she'll be fine. Neither my mum or I drive - but we're only 10 minutes away from the hospital, if that. And so the friend I've chosen to come if my sister can't - will drive my mum and i to the hospital. And if she doesn't come, and my sister does - Then my mum husband, my stepdad will take us. We're lucky to have two lovely birthing centres where I live - not many places in NZ do, so it's good that we are lucky enough to have TWO.
I'd like to birth in hospital, BUT when baby is born - you're able to transfer to the birthing unit and stay there for the first 3 days. So that's what I'll be wanting to do. The birthing units are like little motels equipped with tons of midwives, support nurses and everything that could be needed.
But - In saying everything above, I'm not even pregnant - so it's all just 'for now plans'

How about anyone elses plans? :)

Hope you all had a neat xmas and happy new year! x

Lol Catie I'm glad I'm not the only one who over thinks things. I often find myself researching pre-schools and stuff in my area. Hahaha I'm not even pregnant yet! :wacko: It doesn't hurt to think about the practicalities though, especially as we are all doing this alone. My mum will be my birthing partner too. I'm quite lucky as she is incredibly over involved in every aspect of my life lol. I used to hate it as a child, but now i'm really thankful as I don't have to worry about a thing. She's extremely organised, has a car, and only lives down the road.

Birth wise, I'm really interested in having a Doula, I also love the idea of a hypnobirth. Day to day, im just looking forward to being a mummy, learning from/with my child. I haven't given much thought to anything else lol. I don't think you can truly prepare yourself for parenthood lol.

So KN I guess we're Vitex buddies lol. Watch out for your cycles going a bit weird. As you know my LP shortened and then my cycle did, bu everything evened out in the end. You'll be ttc in February then? Ah my birthday month lol. FX for your next cycle. I have a good feeling about that one. Your birthing centers sound so lovely. Lol we all have the births planned out, you just cant help it!

AFM, I'm 7dpo. Really really trying to keep busy. I feel out, don't know how lol, I just do. I'm trying not to symptom spot but I have had cramps since 1dpo. Who knows....

x

FX Melody that the cramps are a good sign.

When I started uni, one of our first things we had to do was to write a birtg plan. I spent absolutely ages on it. I did it as though I was single, even though I think the other single girls did it as though they were with someone, and spent ages thinking about things like who would come to theatre with me if needed (my mum and sistet are both terrified of theatres)

I hope everyone is well. How are all the symptom spotting/TWW going?

I spent my morning today researching fertility clinics in Denmark - I should have been doing uni work, but oh well! I had planned on doing 'home' insemination with anonymous donor sperm. I was going to go to a sperm bank in Aarhus, Denmark, but there were no direct flights, and I would have had to catch a flight, get the train, or drive from Copenhagen, which seemed really long and really expensive. So I started researching clinics in Copenhagen. I have found a couple which seem quite good. I don't think I would be able to self inseminate, but they do IUI and IVF. I have really, really dodgy cycles, completely irregular and long. Personally, I think I would benefit from IUI or IVF. The prices seem quite reasonable (though it doesn't show the cost of any meds I might need on the website). I'm going to book a consultation with them, in March, I think, when I finish uni. It really feels like it's getting real now. Both exciting and scary!

Anyway, new years day I started taking agnus castus and pregnacare and I've not yet missed a dose, which is really impressive for me.

Haven't posted on this thread since before my fs appointment. AMH was .57 in September - tested by gyno in September. FS appt was in October. Tubes were clear in November. Had hysteroscopy in December. AF just visited, so I can try IUI with next cycle. Ordering meds and sperm this week. I'm in the US on the east coast and am using a sperm bank in CA. I'll be 40 in a couple of weeks and am single. When I turned 39, I started thinking that this was the route I would need to go if I wanted to have children, so I made the decision to go for it in September.

Congrats to those who have gotten BFPs and good luck to those TTC. May 2014 be a good year for all of us!

Hi all!! It's been awhile since I posted. Just been working, avoiding schoolwork (!), and enjoying the holidays. Well, now I'm back on the TTC horse and game ON!

Picked up my Femara pills today to start tomorrow..yay! Originally, the doc wanted me to take them CD 5-9 and get an ultrasound on day 14 but I normally ovulate on CD 12 so 14 is too late. I read of some women on here missing their ovulation and having to scrap the cycle because Femara made them ovulate early. So, I told the nurse my concerns and I got my wish! So, I start tomorrow and take the pills CD 3-7 and get my ultrasound on CD 10. And the best part, the pills only cost me $3 thanks to insurance.

I also pick up my ovidrel/trigger shot from my hospital's outpatient pharmacy..right at my job. So, hopefully, I'll get my IUI done next week, around Friday or early Saturday and then I'm off to Vegas for a few days. Can't wait to start the 2ww off right!

Hey ladies,

Catie, not too long till you actually start ttc! Bet time will fly, especially with all the research. I'm on Angus as well, I absolutely swear by it. It really helped with my long cycles and heavy periods.

2/3 days till AF is due for me :wacko: I'm really not feeling it this cycle. My temp dipped this morning and I know that almost always happens right before af, but we shall see...

40 wb :hugs: so you'll be able to start ttc next cycle, that's great. I wish you all the luck hun. Lots of babydust for you!

You too LovelyMo! Im so happy that things are going as planned with your doctors. I envy the fertility aspect of you guy's medical system. You've got all basis covered. This cycle is the one. I can feel it hehe.

Good luck 40isnotold.

Good luck Mo. Sounds like you will have a fun TWW in Vegas. I spent my time researching clinics etc when I should really have been doing uni work. Got so much due in in the next month or so, but this is obviously far more exciting.

Melody, FX for you.

Wow! Heaps of messages! So nice, Glad to have you all back - hope you've all enjoyed your breaks. I'm still on mine, hense my late reply. Trying to enjoy my trip and not baby think - but it's just so hard! My best friend decided shortly after me to start ttc for baby #4 too. So happy for her, but she's now 20weeks pregnant and I keep wishing it was me! Sound like such a mean friend though. I went with her to her gender scan, a little girl - perfect scan too, baby was facing the camera and waving her arms around and making little mouth movements. Here I am thinking a little tiny 20wk baby scan is cute - when it still looks kind of alien like!! Can't wait till that's all of us :). One day! Positive thinking :).

Melody: Yes we are vitex buddies now! Although I've been taking 1 capsule daily, but it says for the first 4-6 weeks - take 1 capsule, twice daily! So I hope that the past 3 weeks isn't a waste! Will start taking it twice daily now though. How you going with your dreaded 2ww??

Caite: That's so cool you had to do that at uni, I agree about the always planning it as just me. I've always spoken like that, when I have a baby I'll do this and I'll do that. Even before I made this choice! That's not good they're both scared of theatres - suuureely if it's a baby birth, one of them will be able to get the courage to come in with you!! Hopefully!! Cross fingers anyhow. I haven't ever thought about the need of theatre - Yikes!! ALSO crossing fingers for your fertility search! Anynew info on that? IVF and IUI is reaaaally expensive for single mothers and lesbian mothers here in NZ :(. I looked into it, about about $8000NZD for one cycle of IUI - and it can take up to 12 before they will even consider us for any form of funding, then the cost of IVF is about $14,000 per cycle - before some of the medications :(. Anyway - Goodluck with your consultation with your fertility clinic! Really hoping that bear good news for you :)

40isnottooold: Nice to have you back :D, thoughts are with you on your cycle - hoping for the best!! BFP would be wonderful for you! Cross fingers :). 40 is definitely not too old! My mum had my little brother at 42, COMPLETE surprise, she thought her fertility was nearing an end! Apparently not! He's 3 now, life is full of miracles and surprises :).

Lovelymod: First of, wow! Vegas! You lucky thing ;) hahaa - again crossing fingers for you, glad they listened to your concerns. All the best - and hoping your 2ww isn't toooooo long!! I ovulated on time with taking my vitex, but as said earlier - i was only taking half the dosage, so maybe it didnt work.

Wow - Such a long reply! I'm off to bed now, super tired - travelling is taking it out of me energy wise! Not sure when I'll get back on - So in the mean time, Good luck to you all & all my fingers and toes are crossed!!

Aww KN you're not a bad friend lol. We cant help but feel a bit jealous when our friends and family are getting pregnant all over the place. I envy all those women who get pregnant so easily :( But our times will come!

I'm glad you're enjoying your break and not stressing about baby stuff. I'm 2 days late... but still getting BFNs :wacko: I think mother nature is just playing a cruel trick on me this month :( We shall see...

My best friend is pregnant, too - she has gotten pregnant this time, and with her last, whilst using contraception. And whilst I am so excited for her, and I will get to be an aunty again, I am still the littlest bit jealous - and I've not even started TTC yet!

KN - fertility treatment is so expensive in NZ! I want anonymous donation, so I am planning on going to Denmark, though since I have started researching, there are other EU countries which also offer it. Anyway, excluding the cost of meds (which don't have a price on the website), if I did need fertility treatment it would be a lot less then in NZ. IVF there (excluding meds) is £2000, or 3 cycles (fewer if a live baby is born) for £4000, and IUI is £390, or thereabouts, inclusive (I think - and if not, it's an extra £150ish) of donor sperm.

Anyway, I hope you're having a good trip, KN.

Melody - how exciting! Can't wait to hear if you've got your BFP.

Being as there has been some mention of Vitex, just two little things. I bought some more from Holland and Barrett yesterday, and it was really cheap £1.99 for 100, and the girl serving said it was because they were trying to get rid of old stock because they've just announced they're now being licenced. Wondering if anyone had heard anything about it? And secondly, I started Vitex new year's day. I don't think I have ever had ovulation pain before. But today, I was just at the sink and had this horrible cramping pain, which only lasted about 30 seconds, a minute at the most, right at the base of my abdomen. It was really, really painful. Also had watery CM (not checking that, but just happened to notice when I went for a wee shortly after). Do you think it could have been ovulation pain? If so, I'm dead impressed with Vitex!

I haven't heard anything about Vitex being licensed but it's on sale? I'm definitely off to H&B after work! Vitex has done wonders for me. Definitely sounds like o pain hun :happydance:, what with the watery cm and all.

Melody, I keep checking here to see if there is any news.

Mo, have you been for your scan yet?

Well, I was on nights last night and woke up quite early (after about 2 1/2 hours) then just dozed for a couple of hours. I had the most bizarre dream. I dream I was inseminating myself - I'm not sure where I was though, but it seemed quite public as there were lots of people around, and I was asking people to pass me things! Weird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->