Any solo mum's out there?

4 days till blood test then 13 days till scan, that will be super exciting! Will find out if twins :D

Fairytales I'm so sorry you had to make a decision like that, and don't apologise! It would be a near impossible thing to have to decide and we understand and are totally here for you! Thats definitely not a choice you can just make and then be fine, it takes time... I can't even imagine :(

KN - those blood results sound good - more than twice what they were expecting! Not too long til the scan!

Fairytales - don't appologise. It's a tough decision you've made

Rosie - haha, 13 days doesn't sound long does it!! Getting nervous for blood test of course - but trying to stay positive!
Catie - it's crazy how high they are to be honest! Hahaha. Who would've thought

Hope everyone else is doing good!
Hope you're feeling ok fairytales xxx

K.N no it doesn't sound long but everyone here knows how long 2 weeks can drag on for when waiting for tests or on results.. like the dreaded 2ww :p this is just a different form of that

Hello ladies, I've been checking in over the past few weeks but not had any real time to post. I hope you are all doing well?

I'm looking forward to school summer holidays beginning next Friday! It's been such a quick year and even Ds says he only feels as though he's been in primary 2 for a few days. He's had a fantastic time with this teacher and is quite excited about the prospect of P3. The way our year has been so far we're not going to get away for a big holiday but I'm hoping to go camping a couple of times and we'll do lots of days out - and most importantly won't set the alarm clock!!! at least not for the first few weeks.

All the best to you all. Xx

Argh just lost my big message :(

Just realised its been a month since I've popped in properly! My last blood test ended up going well, and I am STILL pregnant! But SO SO anxious and scared. I had a scan at 6 weeks, when I had a bleed - and had one at 7 weeks when I discharged from the fertility clinic. Now in the hands of my midwife, which while it's a relief - is also a bit weird. Feel a lot more on my own now that's for sure! I've had my first appointment, which was basically just info and paperwork. Have my next appointment on the 18th July. And next scan on the 17th. Currently 9w3d.

Now spending my (very exhausted) nights watching Call The Midwife haha!

Rags: Seems weird to think you're thinking about summer! While i sit inside with mid-winter rain and storms here!!

Just realised its been a month since I've popped in properly! My last blood test ended up going well, and I am STILL pregnant! But SO SO anxious and scared. I had a scan at 6 weeks, when I had a bleed - and had one at 7 weeks when I discharged from the fertility clinic. Now in the hands of my midwife, which while it's a relief - is also a bit weird. Feel a lot more on my own now that's for sure! I've had my first appointment, which was basically just info and paperwork. Have my next appointment on the 18th July. And next scan on the 17th. Currently 9w3d.

Rags: Seems weird to think you're thinking about summer! While i sit inside with mid-winter rain and storms here!!

KN, I'm so pleased to hear from you. I've been desperate to ask how things were going but didn't want to post directly in case things weren't going as hoped. I am so delighted for you - and I also understand how very difficult this part is after all the hoping and planning and waiting...
I hope you manage to relax and enjoy it all but I know it's still early for that, I think that's the case at this stage for anyone, no matter how you achieve your BFP! I'm laughing at the 'Call the Midwife' comment, I was pretty hooked on that too for a while (although it gets a bit dark which put me off). I loved 'One Born Every Minute' and watched it every week with my mum when I was ttc and throughout my pregnancy.

Enjoy you're winter pregnancy, I was biggest during the winter months and think I had it much better than friends who were expecting during the summer months - it also means that the weather is nice for walking with a pram when the time comes! Xx

Hello ladies, hoping to join you guys. Didn't think I'd find myself here, but I am looking to start TTC by myself via a donor after my loss back in February. My now ex husband used the MC as excuse to blame me and leave. Even though the MC was due to me getting sick from a mold infestation. Even though i don't have him in my life anymore, I'm not giving up having a family. So now I'm starting the process towards assisted conception :3 hope I can make some life long friends along the way.

Hello ladies, hoping to join you guys. Didn't think I'd find myself here, but I am looking to start TTC by myself via a donor after my loss back in February. My now ex husband used the MC as excuse to blame me and leave. Even though the MC was due to me getting sick from a mold infestation. Even though i don't have him in my life anymore, I'm not giving up having a family. So now I'm starting the process towards assisted conception :3 hope I can make some life long friends along the way.

Hey:flower:
I'm sorry to hear about your loss and your ex husband doing that to you.
This thread can be quiet at times but everyone is lovely here
I wish you luck on your journey and look forward to hearing about it any questions we have lovely mix of ttc pregnant and btdt mamas xx

Hello ladies, I've been checking in over the past few weeks but not had any real time to post. I hope you are all doing well?

I'm looking forward to school summer holidays beginning next Friday! It's been such a quick year and even Ds says he only feels as though he's been in primary 2 for a few days. He's had a fantastic time with this teacher and is quite excited about the prospect of P3. The way our year has been so far we're not going to get away for a big holiday but I'm hoping to go camping a couple of times and we'll do lots of days out - and most importantly won't set the alarm clock!!! at least not for the first few weeks.

All the best to you all. Xx

Sounds like you have a great summer holidays planned I can't believe the schools are stopping already this year is going so fast!!
I hope yous enjoy all your activities etc Xx

Glad your doing well Hun
I imagine it must be scary going from the supportive almost constant clinic care to midwife care
I loved call the midwife but stopped watching half way through S2 I may need to start again tho
I forget your seasons are opposite to us I was reading your post saying to myself it's not winter although our summer has been a wash out so far lol

Good luck for the 17th:cloud9:

xx

Hello CowgirlBaby, and welcome. I'm so sorry to hear that things haven't been going well for you but I hope that this is the start of a new and wonderful part of your life! As mentioned, this isn't always the most active thread but I think lots of us drop in and read up without always posting - it does mean that we see any questions though so it's always a good place to help navigate through the whole 'solo parent' process. There's lots of info on the thread gathered over the last couple of years (I can't believe it's been going that long!!!), hope you get what you need.

KN - that's brilliant news! I'm so pleased for you.

I love Call the Midwife - I read the books long before they were a TV series. The earlier series were on when I was doing midwifery - it's crazy to see how much practise has changed.

Cowgirlbaby - welcome to our thread. I'm sorry for your miscarriage earlier in the year. What a thing for your ex to do though!

Still no news from me at the moment, but still busy doing lots of researching.

Welcome cowgirl, that is really horrible of your ex, and I'm sorry about the miscarriage, hope everything goes up from here...

Yeah I think we all sort of just check in, read stuff, and reply when theres something specific to say or answer haha, but we are always here :)

As for me still Wtt I have so much I need to do to be financially, and physically ready for pregnancy and baby... I applied for an ECE course back in NZ starting Feb so looks like I'll be waiting another year, then going home to study... Should probably wait till after the course to try... Waiting, while important I know, really is no fun... Especially because my siblings have always been single, until recently.. my brother started dating someone a couple years ago now, she has a daughter, they see eachother all the time but she lives overseas, hes looking at places in NZ so he can move them over so they can all live together.. and now my other permanently single brother has just recently started dating this really nice girl.. with a near 3 year old.. So I'm super happy for them but suddenly both brothers have partners and a built in family/child... And my little sister recently gave birth, she and the father (who she got knocked up to within a month of starting their relationship) seem really happy.. so my facebook is drowning in baby and toddler photos, I'm happy for everyone but none of them were interested in kids while it's all I think about and I'm now the only one without one :cry: But I do what I gotta do.. want baby to come into a nice life, not trying to get rich but don't want baby to suffer because I didn't wait... 5 years waiting now.. And I'm still so young.. I wish baby fever didn't hit until 20's+ like most people.. Ah well.. sorry for the long rambling message AF just finished and it always makes me a bit sad/mad when I get it and I have noone to talk to about it because they all think it's weird I want a kid so badly now haha

KN - that's brilliant news! I'm so pleased for you.

I love Call the Midwife - I read the books long before they were a TV series. The earlier series were on when I was doing midwifery - it's crazy to see how much practise has changed.

Cowgirlbaby - welcome to our thread. I'm sorry for your miscarriage earlier in the year. What a thing for your ex to do though!

Still no news from me at the moment, but still busy doing lots of researching.

Lovely to hear from you Hun
Did your bloods ever come back?x

Welcome cowgirl, that is really horrible of your ex, and I'm sorry about the miscarriage, hope everything goes up from here...

Yeah I think we all sort of just check in, read stuff, and reply when theres something specific to say or answer haha, but we are always here :)

As for me still Wtt I have so much I need to do to be financially, and physically ready for pregnancy and baby... I applied for an ECE course back in NZ starting Feb so looks like I'll be waiting another year, then going home to study... Should probably wait till after the course to try... Waiting, while important I know, really is no fun... Especially because my siblings have always been single, until recently.. my brother started dating someone a couple years ago now, she has a daughter, they see eachother all the time but she lives overseas, hes looking at places in NZ so he can move them over so they can all live together.. and now my other permanently single brother has just recently started dating this really nice girl.. with a near 3 year old.. So I'm super happy for them but suddenly both brothers have partners and a built in family/child... And my little sister recently gave birth, she and the father (who she got knocked up to within a month of starting their relationship) seem really happy.. so my facebook is drowning in baby and toddler photos, I'm happy for everyone but none of them were interested in kids while it's all I think about and I'm now the only one without one :cry: But I do what I gotta do.. want baby to come into a nice life, not trying to get rich but don't want baby to suffer because I didn't wait... 5 years waiting now.. And I'm still so young.. I wish baby fever didn't hit until 20's+ like most people.. Ah well.. sorry for the long rambling message AF just finished and it always makes me a bit sad/mad when I get it and I have noone to talk to about it because they all think it's weird I want a kid so badly now haha

I'm sorry your feeling rubbish and everybody is settling down and having babies around you it's tough when that happens I'm sure most of us on here know the feeling well myself included!

Don't apologise we are always here for you to rant/vent to :hugs:

I think I subscribed to this thread before but must have unsubscribed, I'm feeling a little bit lost at the moment.
I have a 5 year old son, I'm not with his father but we still get along ok, I was with a guy last year and we were planning a baby then I found out he was seeing someone else the whole time I was with him so I got rid of him
I'm 32 and I really want another baby, I keep going on dating sites and trying to meet people and I always feel in the back of my mind that I don't actually want/need a man I just want to be a Mum again, I'd happily be single with 2 children and then wait and see IF a man comes along in the future but right now it feels like I'm trying to rush into a relationship just cos I want a baby!

My son's father said to me last year that if I wanted to have another baby with him then he would have one, part of me wants to do this and it would be nice for my children to have the same dad, I just worry that people will think I'm nuts, I know I shouldn't worry what people say but my best friend keeps saying no you can't have another with him (cos he's been an ass in the past) but he's a great father to my son and I feel like he'd be giving me a gift. He knows we wouldn't get back together and that's how I'd want it to be, I just don't know if what I'm thinking or feeling is me going crazy
I hope this isn't the wrong thread to be writing this, I didn't know where to turn for advice
Xx

I think I subscribed to this thread before but must have unsubscribed, I'm feeling a little bit lost at the moment.
I have a 5 year old son, I'm not with his father but we still get along ok, I was with a guy last year and we were planning a baby then I found out he was seeing someone else the whole time I was with him so I got rid of him
I'm 32 and I really want another baby, I keep going on dating sites and trying to meet people and I always feel in the back of my mind that I don't actually want/need a man I just want to be a Mum again, I'd happily be single with 2 children and then wait and see IF a man comes along in the future but right now it feels like I'm trying to rush into a relationship just cos I want a baby!

My son's father said to me last year that if I wanted to have another baby with him then he would have one, part of me wants to do this and it would be nice for my children to have the same dad, I just worry that people will think I'm nuts, I know I shouldn't worry what people say but my best friend keeps saying no you can't have another with him (cos he's been an ass in the past) but he's a great father to my son and I feel like he'd be giving me a gift. He knows we wouldn't get back together and that's how I'd want it to be, I just don't know if what I'm thinking or feeling is me going crazy
I hope this isn't the wrong thread to be writing this, I didn't know where to turn for advice
Xx

You should do what you feel will be right for you and your little family
Goodluck in your decision xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back