Any solo mum's out there?

Hey ladies. Things have been a bit hectic here. I've started my driving lessons again, got a part-time job, and have been organising a huge naming ceremony for Z this Saturday. Miss you ladies. I keep leaving it so long. I can't believe Z will be 1 in 2 months :O I have been planning to try for baby no 2 soon. It was going to be this spring but finances and everything else got in the way. Hopefully I will be joining you lovely ladies back on the ttc train soon.

fairytales87 So glad things are starting to look up for you, health wise. Like you said, it's just a case of one day at a time. We're good. The new job is taking a bit of getting used tom especially constantly relying on my mum for babysitting :( but we're getting there. Hope you can start your next cycle soon x

Caite So cool to have you back! Really hope you can get the ball rolling this year.

Oxygen7880 Ethan is absolutely gorgeous!!! Well done on your amazing birth experience x

K.N I haven't been very vocal on your blog but just know that I am watching and waiting with baited breath. Just praying with every fibre of my being for yo. And yeah sure ill ship stuff over for you. No problem, just let me know. Inbox me. Fingers crossed for transfer! :happydance: :hugs:

MombyChoice Welcome welcome welcome!!!! Aww your incredibly sweet comment made me shed a tear. Thank you for taking the time to read through all of our ups and downs. You say you're a newbie but you have definitely covered more basis than I did back when i was doing at home ai. I wish you all the luck in the world. I get a very good vibe from you :) I hope to be reading your birth story someday soon. Its good that you are positive. You have to be. Sure many of us have struggled (and continue to struggle) to conceive, but it can just need that one try. I hope this is yours. xx

darkriver Thinking of you. I'm so happy to hear that you got help and are being treated. Too many women suffer in silence. I dealt with intense postnatal anxiety and depression and only begun to get better once i opened up about it all. So keep talking :hugs:

Rosie2017 Welcome to the group. It is full of loads of lovely women who are at all stages of ttc, waiting etc. Hope you find all the help/answers you're looking for x

Rags I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. My thoughts and prays are with you. Can't believe wee man is 7 already! Time really does fly. It sounds like you have a very loving, emotionally mature, kind little boy. So glad you have all of that support and such an amazing son. x

Rags - I was amazed at how much blood they want. I'd guess the vials about 2ml (I've not taken it out the packet but it's about half the size of what we normally take bloods in), so about 30 drops I guess! - I'm going to be there for ever! I'll definitely have to make sure I'm in when they deliver - no way would I want it going to the neighbour's house! I'm trying not to get too bogged down with wading through profiles - I want an anonymous donation, so all there is is the basic details to go from, nothing much to choose from.

KN - capillary sampling is just a slightly less invasive way of taking blood, the sample you normally have taken is venous, this is a pin prick basically to your finger (it's like what diabetics do). It gets sent to some lab and they'll check to see if I've ovulated.

Fairytales - from what I read (somewhere, can't remember where now) when shipping from abroad, they can't ship anonymously to clinics because of the HFEA regulations on anonymity but can ship to private addresses. Because it's coming from abroad though, I think the regulations might be different than sperm from within the UK. I'm sorry about your decision :hugs:

Melody - wow, nearly 1 year old! And you do sound as though you've been busy lately. Fingers crossed you get to start TTC again soon!

Thanks ladies yous all don't realise just how great yous all are<3
I would have been lost without all your love and support along this journey:hugs:

Melody I hope today goes just amazing

xx

Just popping in quickly- havent read the previous couple posts since i last logged in. It's mothers day here in NZ and so wanted to come wish you ALL a big happy mothers day and send love and hugs to the whole group <3.

I got a bit of a mothers day shock this morning - am 5 days past transfer,, and decided what the heck ill take a hpt - not expecting anything!! BUT it was another bfp!! I still have a whole week till my beta, the line was faint - but definitely there. Feel a bit like its all a trick... I did a post on my blog with a pic,, but slowly as the day has gone on - now ive started "waiting" for bleeding or cramps or some sign it wont stick. Feels too good to be true. Damn infertility and miscarriages robbing me from what SHOULD be a crazy exciting test result!

Happy Mothers Day KN what a fabulous present :cloud9::happydance:
I'm sorry your worried I think anybody that has been on a journey like yours would be too but hopefully this is your take home baby

Please Stick little baby[-o&lt;[-o&lt;

Love n hugs xx

KN, I'm so hoping this is a mother's day to remember for you. Fingers, toes and legs crossed. Xx

KN I'm so excited for you - massive congratulations! And on Mother's Day too! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

decided what the heck ill take a hpt - not expecting anything!! BUT it was another bfp!!

That's so exciting! I hope it sticks! I just replied to your message then read this... Would make for an awesome mothers day :D Fingers and toes crossed for you :)

To everyone else Happy Mothers Day for Sunday :)

Got my blood results yesterday - and have an hcg level of 250! Woot!
My last hcg test that resulted in miscarriage started out at only 13, so while i dont know what the "norm" is or whats high or low, im guessing 250 is MUCH better than 13, so for now im feeling a bit more relieved.

Hasn't got rid of the anxiety though, i still keep thinking im going to loose it - every twinge or something. I just have to remmeber to stay calm! I have another blood test in 3 days, and then normally they do a third one - and its the third one that always brings bad news. So trying to stay calm and make it past then!

Got my blood results yesterday - and have an hcg level of 250! Woot!
My last hcg test that resulted in miscarriage started out at only 13, so while i dont know what the "norm" is or whats high or low, im guessing 250 is MUCH better than 13, so for now im feeling a bit more relieved.

Hasn't got rid of the anxiety though, i still keep thinking im going to loose it - every twinge or something. I just have to remmeber to stay calm! I have another blood test in 3 days, and then normally they do a third one - and its the third one that always brings bad news. So trying to stay calm and make it past then!

KN, I'm so pleased for you even though I completely understand your anxiety. I hope you've some distractions planned for the next couple of weeks as I know how torturous they can be. Anyway, good luck from me, I'll be thinking about you lots.

KN - I'm so excited for you! 250 definitely sounds better than 13!

I can't accept that ttc is over yet can't do anything about it and times not on my side

Sorry for a moany post ladies xx

No apologies for Moany posts fairytales - is what we're here for!! I don't blame you, putting yourself up to making a decision like that would be the worst ever! And soooo hard to process. I hope you're being kind to yourself and having lots of down time xxx

Thanks xx

Just popping in to update you guys :) - Blood test #2 was good! Well, kind of crazy good tbh. Better bloody not be twins! Level was 2300, the doctors were expecting about 1000. Another blood test in a week - and if all is well, then scan on the 12th June! The originally wanted the 16th - as that's when I'll be 8 weeks, but I pushed for the Monday as I have that day off and they were happy :) [5 days less to wait too!]

Hope everyone else is doing well! Hugs and love if you've been affected by what happened at the concert :( - It's all over the news here in NZ! Not good at all, when will people stop doing stuff like that! Makes me so sad :(

Just popping in to update you guys :) - Blood test #2 was good! Well, kind of crazy good tbh. Better bloody not be twins! Level was 2300, the doctors were expecting about 1000. Another blood test in a week - and if all is well, then scan on the 12th June! The originally wanted the 16th - as that's when I'll be 8 weeks, but I pushed for the Monday as I have that day off and they were happy :) [5 days less to wait too!]

Hope everyone else is doing well! Hugs and love if you've been affected by what happened at the concert :( - It's all over the news here in NZ! Not good at all, when will people stop doing stuff like that! Makes me so sad :(

2300 is amazing - and I couldn't help laugh about the twins comment, I arrived for my 6 week scan hoping there'd be twins in there. You'll be fab however many you get (1, 2 or 3:haha:)

Do you get an early scan or do you need to wait until 16 weeks?

If you're anything like me you're now sitting there hoping and waiting for symptoms (and a bit of morning sickness) just to prove it's all really happening. Xx

I can't accept that ttc is over yet can't do anything about it and times not on my side

Sorry for a moany post ladies xx

Grumpy is perfectly acceptable Fairytales, it's a difficult decision that I'm sure you've been struggling with for quite a while. My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

Rags - yeah I'm definitely analysing EVERYTHING. This morning I took a clear blue digital, and it came up 2-3, which at first was ok - because that's the 4-5 weeks. But then I realised the threshold for the test to go 3+ is 2700 ish - and I should be about 4000 now &#55357;&#56883;. So bottom line, I shouldn't have used the test. Because now I'm freaking out :(

I don't have to wait till 16 weeks for a scan luckily! I have one booked for the 12th June - providing everything is Allgood with my next blood test on Tuesday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->