Any solo mum's out there?

Thank you!
Can't stop crying today thinking about it all xx

It's all very overwhelming!! I know I've cried many many times over the course of my journey & even before any treatment!!

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat vent etc :hugs: xx

Babycrazey, do what's right for you. Your friends are worried about you getting involved with a man who hasn't stuck by you in the past but if he has been a good parent to his and your child and let you get on with your life without interfering in your personal life then why not...

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

Just popping in to update how things are going for those who aren't followers on my blog :D Still pregnant!! 13 weeks tomorrow :O Never thought I'd get this far! Scan went well, i had it at 12w4d and measurements were 12w5d and 12w6d - so allgood! Have had high blood pressure, and my asthma has been playing up but otherwise not too bad now that the worst of the sickness has passed!

Hey guys!

Just popping in to update how things are going for those who aren't followers on my blog :D Still pregnant!! 13 weeks tomorrow :O Never thought I'd get this far! Scan went well, i had it at 12w4d and measurements were 12w5d and 12w6d - so allgood! Have had high blood pressure, and my asthma has been playing up but otherwise not too bad now that the worst of the sickness has passed!

KN, so pleased to hear from you. I don't follow your blog and have been hoping you'd pop on and give us an up-date. How amazing to be at 13 weeks already. I hope your sickness didn't get to bad, I know how that can be. I hope your BP and asthma settle down for the rest of your time and I very much look forwarding to hearing how it all goes. Xx

Hey guys!

What a lovely update:cloud9:
I had goosebumps you did it you made the big milestone mark:cloud9:
Glad your less sick and I hope the asthma and bp issues settle down soon xx

Hehe thanks guys! Rags, - yeah i do always pop in here, but often don't (surprisingly!) have too much to say :O Always reading though! This side of things really seems to drag! Midwife appointments are only monthly, and aside from the scans that pop up; it really only is midwife appts I have now. Whereas before there was soooo much counting down. Blood tests, first scans, follow ups, this, that a bit of everything! Now it's just nothing!
It's weird - the real feelings, still haven't quite kicked in. It doesn't feel like im growing a baby, it just feels like im getting fatter and full of cramps. No movement feelings yet.

Hehe thanks guys! Rags, - yeah i do always pop in here, but often don't (surprisingly!) have too much to say :O Always reading though! This side of things really seems to drag! Midwife appointments are only monthly, and aside from the scans that pop up; it really only is midwife appts I have now. Whereas before there was soooo much counting down. Blood tests, first scans, follow ups, this, that a bit of everything! Now it's just nothing!
It's weird - the real feelings, still haven't quite kicked in. It doesn't feel like im growing a baby, it just feels like im getting fatter and full of cramps. No movement feelings yet.

KN, it's a strange kind of institutionalisation the TTC through a clinic thing isn't it! Now's your time to swap the medics for some pregnancy groups instead maybe and begin to get a network of baby friends around you?

Yeah - it definitely is! I've joined a NZ pregnant after IVF page which has been great! But a little while back, I also joined a TTC page for NZ aswell. I don't comment too much, similar to here! But am always reading - is interesting reading their journeys, when they've been to the same clinic as me! Or same company clinic etc. Definitely a lot less hands on now haha. That's for sure!

About a 6 months after Ds was born I took a gift basket into the clinic for the staff as a thank you for them but also as a kind of closure for me, so it does take time. Every so often I look at Ds and remember the nurse who carried out the IUI that produced him, I remember sitting in the waiting room with my mum waiting for my confirmation scan at 6 weeks and I remember them saying good bye and good luck and it felt really strange because I'd spent so much time there over the previous 6 months - then after the birth and between toddlers groups and everything else you suddenly realise it's been months and you not thought about how you got him just that he's here, and now the whole process feels a bit like a dream...

Lovely to hear from you Hun
Did your bloods ever come back?x

Hi Fairytales - how are you? I was slightly naughty and need to confess this - I knew (well, guessed) I wasn't ovulating on my own, so decided, after ordering the blood test, to also order clomid from an online pharmacy via their doctor (I know, stupid of me). I followed the instructions for those and tested day 21, it came back saying I hadn't ovulated. Whilst I knew I probably wasn't ovulating on my own, I never really expected it with clomid, I just assumed I would ovulate. It hit me hard when I read the results. Fortunately, I had plans with my family which kept my mind off things, but when I was home alone, it was all I could think of. It's been a few weeks now, still waiting for AF. I read somewhere (possibly in the literature they sent me with the pills) that it can take longer, up to a couple of months, to induce ovulation, so I'm clinging on to a little bit of hope there. I don't know if I'm just being super sensitive regarding my body and whether I'm imagining it, or not, but I think I might have had ovulation pains last week along with a little bit of spotting (I know I didn't imagine that at least)

Babycrazy - that must be a difficult decision. I can understand why your friends are worried about this, but I can also see where you're coming from. Good luck with your decision!

KN - I'm so excited for you! Hope the asthma and BP issues are controlled.

Rosie - I know how you feel with everyone having babies. I'm 30 so all my friends are settling down and having babies (even the ones who never wanted them). It makes it so difficult.

Mum and I were talking the other day about babies (she's a super-proud great aunt to my cousins' kids) and she was saying how she wants to be a grandmother. I confessed to her that I was so broody and had been for a long time. She started talking about sperm banks (she has a very basic understanding of such things - she's from a different era!) and I was so close to telling her about what I want to do. I've not yet had the courage to do so but I think I probably will end up telling her at some point.

Hi Fairytales - how are you? I was slightly naughty and need to confess this - I knew (well, guessed) I wasn't ovulating on my own, so decided, after ordering the blood test, to also order clomid from an online pharmacy via their doctor (I know, stupid of me). I followed the instructions for those and tested day 21, it came back saying I hadn't ovulated. Whilst I knew I probably wasn't ovulating on my own, I never really expected it with clomid, I just assumed I would ovulate. It hit me hard when I read the results. Fortunately, I had plans with my family which kept my mind off things, but when I was home alone, it was all I could think of. It's been a few weeks now, still waiting for AF. I read somewhere (possibly in the literature they sent me with the pills) that it can take longer, up to a couple of months, to induce ovulation, so I'm clinging on to a little bit of hope there. I don't know if I'm just being super sensitive regarding my body and whether I'm imagining it, or not, but I think I might have had ovulation pains last week along with a little bit of spotting (I know I didn't imagine that at least)

Babycrazy - that must be a difficult decision. I can understand why your friends are worried about this, but I can also see where you're coming from. Good luck with your decision!

Rosie - I know how you feel with everyone having babies. I'm 30 so all my friends are settling down and having babies (even the ones who never wanted them). It makes it so difficult.

Mum and I were talking the other day about babies (she's a super-proud great aunt to my cousins' kids) and she was saying how she wants to be a grandmother. I confessed to her that I was so broody and had been for a long time. She started talking about sperm banks (she has a very basic understanding of such things - she's from a different era!) and I was so close to telling her about what I want to do. I've not yet had the courage to do so but I think I probably will end up telling her at some point.

Caite, I bet your mum would be very positive and supportive to you if she knew. I think I understand why you've not wanted to speak to her about your plans yet but I know from experience that it's a wonderful thing having your mum in your corner. Remember most people trying for a family and having issues have a partner there to support them, going solo (even with the best of friends around you) is a lonely place to be when it's not happening. My mum was the first person I spoke to before I began TTC and the first person I told about my BFP and the first person (besides the medical staff) to hold him - the fact that she already knew the whole journey made it so much easier I feel.

I'm doing ok Hun
Hanging in there after a rough few months!!

Let's face it us healthcare sector worker all do some crazy things:haha::dohh:
I'm sure you'll be fine with the clomid fingers crossed it works for you!!

So are you taking the clomid then ordering from the bank?
I've got everything crossed for you:cloud9:

I know what you mean about speaking to your mum I was worried about that too as my mums old fashioned but she handled it well & it was nice to be able to speak about some things with her.
I've not told her that I won't be doing anymore but she's getting a new grand baby soon so I'm just not mentioning anything & hopefully she'll be too busy/excited to mention it :winkwink: xx

Waving hello!
Hello lovely ladies. I will update when I can get on my pc but been thinking of you all.

So whats been going on in my world. A lot it turns out. A couple days after my last post on here I had a total mental breakdown. I tried to take my own life. I wasnt coping with the nightmare feeding cycle we had got ourselves in. At one point she was consuming 12 bottles of formula a day and it was breaking me. The children were taken into foster care and have been for the last four months until today. I am a lot better now. I am on medication and will take it for a few years.

I dont know if I will go on to have anymore children. My heart says yes but my brain says no. If I do go onto have more children I will likely wait until Amelia is five.

So whats been going on in my world. A lot it turns out. A couple days after my last post on here I had a total mental breakdown. I tried to take my own life. I wasnt coping with the nightmare feeding cycle we had got ourselves in. At one point she was consuming 12 bottles of formula a day and it was breaking me. The children were taken into foster care and have been for the last four months until today. I am a lot better now. I am on medication and will take it for a few years.

I dont know if I will go on to have anymore children. My heart says yes but my brain says no. If I do go onto have more children I will likely wait until Amelia is five.

Dearest dearest Darkdriver, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having such a rough time of it but I'm incredibly happy for you and your family that your attempt to leave the world didn't work, I hope very much that you are having days now when you can see some joy in your life again. I'm glad you've had the support of social services, I know from others that it doesn't always feel like that at the start but you must have been in a very dark place then as I know how much you love and care about your beautiful children. Please remember we are all here when you want us, for whatever you want from us. Lots of love and hugs. Xx

Thank you Rags. Its been an awful time and since the girls have been back I have been reminded of how strong I have to be.

Dark River
I'm sorry to read about your struggles I too have faced bad mh issues in the past and just recently and I'm only a pm away xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->